Divine Academy

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Divine Academy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 21, 15 12:29 AM

Be the hero the world needs!

Explore a land filled with wonder and power. As the ruler of an ancient city you must learn to cast miracles in order to build a metropolis for your people, fight your enemies, and more!

Play Divine Academy for:

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Divine Academy

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 21, 15 12:35 AM
This is a Free to Play game for PCs, yes? I am just asking because I have seen this game advertised at R e a l o r e for only the iPhones and iPads.

Edited on 07/21/2015 at 12:36:13 AM PST

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Jul 21, 15 12:52 AM
Very sad that **** have gone this way - loved the Viking series and a lot of their games but "pay as you go" is a big no for me. Impatience is not a good thing! And Valdy I saw that on their website - guess this is their way of getting us PC players....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 21, 15 1:10 AM
Well, I don't have an iPhone nor an iPad, and don't want to play games on such small monitors. So they can count me out as one of their app players.

I was just confused that this game - a PC game - has not been advertised at their site, only the app versions.

And yes, it's a real shame that quite a few devs are now going this way. But then again, app games are the future - no, they are already the here and now. It's where the money is.

Edited on 07/21/2015 at 5:08:12 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

F2P Will Not Keep You Fed A Year From Now, Developers....

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 21, 15 2:24 AM
I was wondering when games do this starting out as Free 2 Pay idea (ungh) and then eventually switch to Having a Conscience, how long does it normally take?

I'm not sure because I will never, ever, ever. ever do it (bad enough I do it on mobile & there it shall remain. LIMITED) no matter what. I am a game playing fanatic obsessive & I wont. So is there a usual length of time where games come out this way & then are maybe sold honestly after a certain period?

I was so excited to see a strategy game but I knew there was a catch. I'm wondering if and when I can look forward to trying this out.

***DEVELOPERS THIS IS A TERRIBLE LONG TERM STRATEGY!!!***
Look at mobile gaming applications world & how long the very, very, very few games that do make a profit or become successful at all even stick around. Last year I literally couldn't keep up with the defunct game-creation businesses because they were dropping so quickly.

Would you rather have $10 from oh... I dunno? ....50,000 people over time, or 30 cents from 3,000 microtransactions made by fly by night players with no fan loyalty who will never ever return to te game or its sequels??

Its sort of like if corporations began selling games but were actually completely & utterfly disinterested in the gaming world - no heart.

They're killing themselves. With so many talented game makers out there I wihs there were a way I could get one of them to see this & realize selling their soul to the F2P devil is bad all around! For everyone.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

What the hell is going on BF??

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Jul 21, 15 3:08 AM
[Removed by Moderator]I mean I thought it was too good to have such a beautiful game for a certain cost - I would have paid good money to OWN this game.

I am so saaaaad to see xxx going this way I LOVE their games.

What now hey? do we sit and HOPE we get another good game some time soon which we can OWN or are people like me who have challenged Vision miss out because I cannot see properly on my iPhone to play games

Edited on 07/22/2015 at 12:00:15 PM PST

honest2
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by honest2 on Jul 21, 15 3:25 AM
Don't like pay-as-you-go games. Would much rather know how much it is and pay that up front.
Have not bought one yet.
Despite the fact that this is my favourite genre, I will have to ignore it.
Please don't do this sort of thing to us anymore Big Fish.
You have the clout to sort it out.

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Jul 21, 15 3:50 AM
Seems like RL is now developing for mobile platforms first and then porting over to pc as an afterthought. Not a very promising outlook for what used to be one of my favorite casual game developers. I've been begging them for more games like Adelantado Trilogy for over a year now but I guess that's not going to happen.

I did try this one on my iphone 6 plus. Even on that oversized phone everything was way too small to see properly. Guess I'll give it a shot on the pc but I'm not holding out much hope that I'll play much since it has a dreaded energy bar.

Edited on 07/21/2015 at 9:19:27 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 21, 15 3:56 AM
I agree with everything everyone has said so far.. and said so well. I will NEVER play or give my to a FTP game!

Take note Developers...those of us who have purchased games for years...have made your success. But, Greed has crept in and clouded your judgements. Sale the whole game now...and make the profit at once...and your Greed will be fulfilled with much success.

Just my opinion...as a game lover and buyer for years. If this game was offered to buy...you would have gotten my now....and many others, would have purchased it also...that I'm sure of...from past history.

used to be the number 1 gaming site for years. Want to be successful again? Offer better games with quality like the past...Sale the games as buy now...And fix tech problems immediately. You will become the number 1 site again...if you listen to the customer. JMO

Lisa

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jul 21, 15 5:27 AM
I'm so glad for everyone elses opinion.Seems anymore when I post an opinion I get deleted.I won't buy their FTP games either,not for my computer.I have 4 coupons and time is running short on them. No good SE's to use them on.I know a lot of fishies would have got this game if it weren' t the FTP one.Things need to change back the way they used to be BF. Good to see you posting again LovetoMissLisa so many good reviewers like you have left.

Edited on 07/21/2015 at 5:30:27 AM PST

mlc311
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by mlc311 on Jul 21, 15 5:54 AM
I too would haved loved to try this game but I have 5 FTP games loaded and ART and AK have stopped with no resolution. I now wait days to advance on my other 3 but won't spend any more money to move along quickly. And I won't get any more FTP because they are not free! I wonder with all the sales if my games I have will be compatible with windows 10??????????

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jul 21, 15 6:09 AM
I'm going to add my voice to those who won't go down the FTP path. This developer has so many wonderful casual PC games that I own and still play. Please don't abandon the many, many casual gamers who don't want to play games on a phone. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by kndmanz on Jul 21, 15 6:16 AM
Adding my voice to the others here. I would have spent a credit on this game in a New York minute, but I have not and will not fall into the FTP trap.

[Post New]by JudahGrant on Jul 21, 15 8:17 AM
Big Fish is the only game site that uses the "Free-to-Play" model.
There are other game sites like " I w i n " and " G a m e H o u s e " that sell games for a one-time fee that you can enjoy with no hidden catches. And there are no repeats during the week with a big focus on HOG's.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jul 21, 15 8:23 AM
I agree. I am definitely NOT a fan of the so-called "Free-To-Play" games. When I tried one and found out how it worked, I uninstalled it from my computer and have avoided them like the plague ever since. (Note: I didn't spend one penny of real money on it. But, I've seen in the forums that some folks have spent huge amounts of real cash on those games. Seems such a waste to me!)

Wish BFG would focus mainly on providing quality PC games to their faithful customers who have purchased their games for years.

Classicaljazz

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Jul 21, 15 8:30 AM
You seem to hit a point in the game fairly quickly in which you cannot go any further without spending real money. This game didn't last very long before it was uninstalled.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 21, 15 8:31 AM
add me to the list of NO's

was about to rejoin the Club and purchase this game - thank goodness i read this thread.

Already tried the FTP thing with Midnight Castle -not going down that road again.

Membership not renewed and no sale here!

Valdy, hope you are keeping well

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Jul 21, 15 8:43 AM
I can't believe they made this FTP only available to club members, like it's something special. It's just another mobile app port to PC which needs to be fed money to keep playing. Like a slot machine!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 21, 15 8:46 AM
I agree that "Free"-To-Play is a bad way to go. It's joining the "you are not allowed to OWN a legitimate copy of anything ever again" philosophy that Microsoft, Adobe, and other developers are adopting. You can only rent and must renew every month, year, etc. I really don't like paying for something forever. I won't even lease a car. So, this is causing me to seek out all sorts of freeware alternatives for all sorts of applications.

As for the FTP games that make you buy in-game items to have any realistic hope of being able to finish the game (if you even can finish it - many are endless), I haven't tried a single one and won't. I have plenty of older games that I've bought over the years, so I'll just play those, if everything goes FTP.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 21, 15 9:02 AM
This is the first Free To Play game I've played. And actually, it is fine so far. I have NO INTENTION of EVER paying for crystals, but I have not had to after playing it for a bit
So, I'd suggest that people give it a go. Unless you are REALLY impatient, you can get quite a long way without having to pay anything. There is an accelerate spell that speeds up the long tasks.

Go to: