Edited on 07/21/2015 at 6:26:53 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Divine Academy here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 21, 15 6:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Divine Academy here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Divine Academy.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Jul 22, 15 6:36 AM
Though I do not like Free-To-Play games, this is still a beautiful strategy game.
It's a combination of "Farm Up" and "All My Gods".

I would have rather have purchased a retail version than play the waiting-game. Unfortunately, I cannot always play because of server maintenance messages.

Hopefully the developer will release a retail version on their website like they did for "Farm Up".

Also, my game reset to the beginning after playing for hours. I am not going to keep restarting since they have not worked the bugs out. I've uninstalled it.

Edited on 07/22/2015 at 1:21:58 PM PST

dippydidi
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by dippydidi on Jul 22, 15 11:11 AM
I've played for several hours now, and when i get the server error message, i just click my mouse and after a few seconds it takes me back to my game. I haven't had to spend anything. I did worry that i would run out of wood, but you get a spell to plant more trees and falling manna is plentiful. So far a thumbs up despite the server maintainance error. Not lost my progress as others have as yet, and on level 9. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will continue in the same vein, and visit here now and then to update on progress/ glitches.
Happy gaming, Di.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 24, 15 8:44 PM
This is a lovely and very entertaining game. I love the animations of the workers when they aren't busy: doing a quick prayer, sitting on one of the benches I put into the scene, having a paddle in the pool by the waterfall, using a rubber dug swim ring, and other things.

The game reminds me a little of "Virtual Villagers", but it's much more sophisticated.

You have to build different types of buildings, and upgrade them.

Each home you build will also give you another worker. However, upgrading a home does not give you an extra worker. It will just allow you to collect the rent more quickly, thereby giving you more rent on the whole.

You get Quests from the Gods.

You have Collections, and can exchange them for goodies when you have completed a set.

You can move any object on the scene (as was mentioned in another thread). You can even move the herds of sheep. Just left-click and hold down the cursor for a second, and the item will lift off the ground. You can then move it. Just click on it again when you have placed it where you want it to be.

There are many spells, which will be unlocked in time.
For example, if you need more wood, you can grow trees with the Grow Tree spell. Then you click on the trees so the workers can chop them down to give you more wood to work with.

You need water drops (Magic) to do the Spells. They fall from the sky like meteors, and disappear again after a while if you don't click on them.

--- --- ---

I do not have a problem with this game - using a Sony Vaio laptop with Win7, 64-bit. I did delete it after I downloaded it the first time, because I wasn't sure whether I wanted to keep the game. I also deleted two .save files from my computer, which enabled me to restart the game from the very beginning after downloading it again.

I got twice a "maintenance" message coming up while playing the game, but it did not crash my game, and I did not lose anything nor was I put back to level one. Everything was the same, and in fact, the game seemed to improve each time after maintenance was performed. I think the devs are adding littie things here and there, which then appear afterwards.

Well, that's all really. A big "thank you" to the developers for giving me, who only plays games on the computer, the opportunity to play this game.

--- --- ---

Wanted to add that if the "maintenance" message comes up, you can put the game into window mode by pressing ALT+ENTER to exit via the red cross.

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 9:48:44 PM PST

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sephira1 on Aug 8, 15 10:20 AM
Just want to say this is a very fun game.. so much so for me that I run out of diamonds and need more often and this is just to expensive for me .. otherwise I love the game

please make a retail version of this game for people who want to play but can not afford to have to keep buying diamonds.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 8, 15 10:24 AM
sephira1 wrote:Just want to say this is a very fun game.. so much so for me that I run out of diamonds and need more often and this is just to expensive for me .. otherwise I love the game

please make a retail version of this game for people who want to play but can not afford to have to keep buying diamonds.
You don't need to buy any crystals. It just takes a bit longer. But, using the acceleration spell reduces the time a lot.

[Post New]by lovingBF on Aug 9, 15 10:16 AM
This is a wonderful game. The one thing that is ruining this game, is the constant error messages you get during game play. So much so, that I am about to stop playing. Why haven't they fixed this is beyond my comprehension.

[Post New]by dijinni on Aug 10, 15 6:12 AM
I play a lot of these type games and have to say the programers need to go back and reevaluate the game. I have my workers start on a task exit out and when I come back later the task was never done, I lose magic, gold coins, diamonds, and exp. I will not play this game anymore until there is an update to fix these issues and the constant error messages

[Post New]by margaretmae1 on Aug 10, 15 3:34 PM
Evidently y'all are unable to fix this f2p game. It's a shame, or maybe you weren't ready for the volume. People are paying for crystals and losing them.... Bad business

[Post New]by Aurora_Griffin on Aug 12, 15 12:16 PM
Enjoyable enough for a relaxing time. Got to say, tho', when a game
is as gated as this is behind timers and micro-transactions, it spoils
the purpose of playing a game. We are no longer really playing
the game, are we? -- when sitting here waiting for a timer to run or --
and allowing it to nickel-and-dime us to death to make any progress.

And no, I will not pay real money for a game where, by the sound
of it, ... you could end up losing your resources without benefit after
you've payed. In some cases, as much as -- what? ... around $60?
Seriously?

I would rather just buy a game outright. Because "Free" Games
are not really "free", are they? Unless you have the patience to
wait for timers to run out without getting bored to death ...

Edited on 08/12/2015 at 12:21:06 PM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 13, 15 2:09 AM
If your number one priority in a game is to finish it as soon as possible and move on to the next one, Divine Academy may not be for you. Or, it may cost quite a lot of real money.

However, if you have enjoyed playing games such as Virtual Villagers, then you may be prepared for starting off tasks and then leaving the game, while things are being worked on in your absence.

This is my first F2P game and I was absolutely sure that I would stick to it being free to play. And I have. There is no energy bar, which I gather appears in other games of this sort, plus there is an acceleration spell that can be used to significantly increase the speed of building and production. There is no need to spend any crystals after the tutorial and upgrading the Divine Garden to level 2.

After upgrading the Magistrates to level 7, things do get slower, with extended production times and three-day study durations. So, if you want to avoid paying for crystals, you need to be prepared to just go in for an hour, use the obelisks, start off some tasks and come back a few hours later.

The major downside of Divine Academy has been the instability of the server, in conjunction with rather poor error checking, leading to people losing time and resources when it crashed. This included paid-for resources. It appears that things are more stable now and when server errors do appear, little is now lost.

My advice is to have patience and enjoy this game as the developer intended, for free.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Aug 13, 15 9:41 PM
I agree with TMGamer in that if you want to go FAST, these Free to play games are not the right ticket for that. There are plenty of games to purchase if you want speed.

I think the best way to play these games is for the enjoyment of playing. Sure you can have goals and speed ahead, but what we discovered in the FTP game of Found is if you go too fast, you just run out of quests and then you are stuck with nothing to do. And then people complain of being bored.

So you have to make up things to do to keep your interest until the next update, and you never know when these games will be updated.

I enjoy the creativity of this game, of being able to place things where I want them to go, and being able to just spend time rearranging everything. Going slow isn't a bad thing in my book.

If they could just get this game to launch properly and stop with ALL the error codes and such it would be a lot nicer to play.

[Post New]by solitary_amazon on Aug 27, 15 8:36 PM
I've been playing this game for a month, and after level 10 or so, the game reset on me -after- paying $6.99 for over 1000 crystals which are now GONE and they have YET to be replaced. Either restore the crystals or give me a refund!

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Aug 29, 15 6:35 PM
I've been playing for a couple weeks - I usually don't care much for Time management games this one is not bad at all. Play a bit & then set my guys to work long time & log out. Come back later & repeat. There a some interesting glitches
My favorite is - My Sheep walk & graze on the water!! Yes evolution has changed sheep. Also when the sheep turn gold if I click to collect the coins to fast it kicks me out of the game.

As a veteran of F2P games - I'm very VERY hesitant to spend real money on gems & upgrades. I have had Awakening Kingdoms ART, & now Found ended without warning. So I doubt I'll spend much.

Cute game - wants to many crystals.

[Post New]by Aurora_Griffin on Sep 13, 15 9:54 PM
Okay, so I just got to the part where I am making stone
now from mountains. Yet, when I have my villagers harvest
the stone or try to do it myself with the Resource Spell, ...
IT DOESN'T APPEAR ANYWHERE!!! WHERE IS IT???

EDIT:

Nvm, found it. Needs to be made more visible.

Edited on 09/13/2015 at 9:59:13 PM PST

[Post New]by skyweyr on Oct 1, 15 6:03 PM
Its a little addictive. It would be more fun if I had higher levels to look forward to.

dizplace
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dizplace on Dec 14, 15 6:35 PM
A warning to any players who may be considering starting this game. DON'T! This game has been abandoned by the developer, by BFG and by most of the players who have moved on to other venues where this game is available to play in an updated format without all the glitches.

Go to: