snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Who else quit at New Orleans?

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jul 21, 15 6:19 PM
I have given up after four months. New Orleans has defeated me. It is much too hard and frustrating. Anyone else need to form a support group for Gummy Drop failures?

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Who else quit at New Orleans?

[Post New]by jforever on Jul 21, 15 11:59 PM
I don't know about a support group, but I can't even get through Sydney!! Already getting frustrated and am only on level 54! Lol!!

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Jul 22, 15 4:02 AM
Many players, including avid ones, quit after New Orleans. You'll notice there's hardly any forum questions about cities that follow New Orleans.

GD developers apparently learned nothing from the constant drone of complaints because they went right ahead and created exceptionally difficult to impossible levels in Barcelona, Shanghai, etc. People simply walked away. Personally, I don't think they, or you, are the failures.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Jul 22, 15 11:16 AM
jforever wrote:I don't know about a support group, but I can't even get through Sydney!! Already getting frustrated and am only on level 54! Lol!!

I'm with Jforever. I had no intention of downloading this game, but there was an offer of a 65% off your next game coupon if you downloaded it. So I thought, OK why not? Have played it a few times and realise it is just a money-grabber, which I'm not falling for.

However, that coupon still hasn't shown up, and unfortunately I didn't take a screen-shot of it. Maybe I imagined it, but I'm sure I wouldn't download a game I didn't want if that offer wasn't there. Anyone else found the same thing, or am I going insane? (Apologies to BF if I am mistaken, but I'm sure this was the case).

[Post New]by Crimson_the_Kid on Jul 22, 15 11:44 AM
I'm at Los Angeles and will keep on playing to get to the next cities!

But I can definitely understand New Orleans' difficulty.

Mary144
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Mary144 on Jul 23, 15 4:01 AM
I have made it to Seoul but only with the help of Customer Support reimbursing me the boosts I needed to get through the impossible levels in New Orleans to Los Amgeles. Seoul levels 1-30 were okay but then I went back to the old cities to build up my coins as the thirties are hard to complete without boosts. I will continue until my coins run out and will give up after that as simply using boosts to complete levels takes the pleasure of playing away. That's how I feel anyway.

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Jul 23, 15 6:59 AM
There is a thread in this forum called "New Orleans" with nearly 5000 views and 3 pages of comments from upset customers who hate New Orleans. Unfortunately BF has not responded by fixing this portion of the game. I can tell you that BF customer service is awesome and totally willing to help get you through this city. They will help with resources and, in fact, when I asked if I could skip this city they actually went into my game and pushed me through to Barcelona. Hopefully BF is getting enough complaints that they will acually fix New Orleans but in the meantime, contact customer support and they will help you.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jul 23, 15 7:56 AM
Thanks Knismesis. But, if you have to have customer supports help and cheats to get thru the game, something ain't right.

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Jul 23, 15 7:59 AM
snowmanvt wrote:Thanks Knismesis. But, if you have to have customer supports help and cheats to get thru the game, something ain't right.

Totally agree.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jul 23, 15 6:11 PM
hogamefan wrote:
jforever wrote:I don't know about a support group, but I can't even get through Sydney!! Already getting frustrated and am only on level 54! Lol!!

I'm with Jforever. I had no intention of downloading this game, but there was an offer of a 65% off your next game coupon if you downloaded it. So I thought, OK why not? Have played it a few times and realise it is just a money-grabber, which I'm not falling for.

However, that coupon still hasn't shown up, and unfortunately I didn't take a screen-shot of it. Maybe I imagined it, but I'm sure I wouldn't download a game I didn't want if that offer wasn't there. Anyone else found the same thing, or am I going insane? (Apologies to BF if I am mistaken, but I'm sure this was the case).

I honestly can't remember if there were an coupon or not... memory is shot! It's the gummies that are making me lose my mind! lol! But I do believe you. BF has a way of enticing people, like me.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Jul 23, 15 9:39 PM
Totally get what SnowmanVT is saying, even if others pretend they're breezing through post-New Orleans cities without spending a small fortune. Players now in LA, Seoul, Havana and Rio can afford to buy their way through these cities. Most of us can't.
I'm sad that Big Fish/ Gummy Drop chose to wring dollars from their players rather than offer us a fair chance at a formerly fun game,

ssx12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ssx12 on Jul 25, 15 12:39 AM
I can't agree more - I am currently near the end of Havana and every city since new orleans has been insanely difficult. This is a waste of time replaying the levels dozens of times. It is not nearly as enjoyable as it was in the beginning.

[Post New]by Allnamesinuse on Jul 25, 15 4:25 AM
I'm unlikely even to go to New Orleans. I'm near the end of Berlin, but completely stuck on 117. Not long before that I was completely stuck on another one. It took 40 moves above the number allocated to get enough of the colour needed to burst the flower bombs. There are so many of those it's become tedious. I don't mind difficult and can persevere, but having 4 or 5 bombs to burst with 4-7 gummies in an entire game is just too common. Berlin 117 has timed bombs as well and even buying spades plus extra moves didn't get me anywhere near the winning score.
So the game for me has become a long procession of trying to win games I found hard before to earn coins. I spend 90% of the time losing games.

As someone else mentioned there's not enough acknowledgement of these impossible games.

At the same time, I do acknowledge I've spent hours playing a game I really enjoyed for a while. And I appreciate that I did that without spending a cent.

liawriter
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by liawriter on Jan 16, 16 7:02 AM
almost quit at NOLO, but managed to get to level 30 at Los Angeles and ready to quit now... it's just too addicting to stop no matter how frustrating and stressful it is! I understand having a challenging game, but this is just a money maker where it's designed so if you don't want to quit, or don't have the patience to wait to get through levels, you spend real money to progress. I've stopped spending money but then can't through, so I'm almost ready to quit now.

Go to: