IS BFG GOING TO FIX IT???

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

IS BFG GOING TO FIX IT???

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 22, 09 4:50 PM
I have heard that they are going to fix the game?

I was wondering when and "IF" they do HOW will they let everyone know?
I keep checking here in "CHAT" but I have NOT seen anything yet. Also, HOW long does it take?

PLEASE let me know when its fixed.... THANKS

HAPPY GAMING

I'll keep checking bk
PEN

Elle5512
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:IS BFG GOING TO FIX IT???

[Post New]by Elle5512 on Jul 22, 09 4:55 PM
I don't know and I am tired of waiting and hearing the same old stuff about out dated graphics cards so I just wrote and asked for a credit. They need to start putting in the system requirements for the amount of graphics capability we need to play these games so that we are not wasting so much time on games we can not play.

[Post New]by dancingranni2007 on Jul 22, 09 6:02 PM
AMEN,,,FIX IT . I have dl and re-installed x2 and not doing it again. They need to send a notice with daily e-mails when and if going to be fixed. dancingranni2007

[Post New]by MsMick on Jul 22, 09 6:44 PM
Me Too.

I was on the Gold Bug, so there is no way I have graphics problems or lack of RAM or whatever. The game has busted me out in the graveyard everytime since.

Same old crap-a-roo. Profile zapped or game freezes and you start over again and again and again. It's the game not our machines. Every other game works fine and I try and buy a couple a week.

MsMick

[Post New]by fluffybluff on Jul 23, 09 10:17 AM
Just went to the chat room for the first time. I have started this game 4 times now only to have it freeze up. The last time I had to unplug the computer to get out. It is deffinetly the game. What a bummer caues they have the power and they'll fix it when they are ready.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Jul 23, 09 11:02 AM
I didn't have a problem with this game, but then again I only played the demo so I didn't get very far. However, some of my older games have started acting freaky and required a driver update to (maybe) fix it, which makes no sense being that they worked before on the old driver. Makes me think maybe it's a problem with the game manager or something, because why would my old games suddenly stop working on the same driver they worked on before?

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 23, 09 12:52 PM
We are working on a new version of the game. There will be an announcement in this forum as soon as the new version is available. Thanks to everyone who wrote into Customer Support about this error. It was because of your help that we were able to isolate the cause of the problem. Thanks for writing in and thank you for your patience while we work to correct this unfortunate error.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Jul 23, 09 12:58 PM
Thanks BFGErie......I did contact CS and they offered me a new game but I would rather have the fix for this game...so here's hoping for a fast fix [color]

Charm

Edited on 07/23/2009 at 12:59:26 PM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jul 23, 09 3:18 PM
sillyfeet wrote:I didn't have a problem with this game, but then again I only played the demo so I didn't get very far. However, some of my older games have started acting freaky and required a driver update to (maybe) fix it, which makes no sense being that they worked before on the old driver. Makes me think maybe it's a problem with the game manager or something, because why would my old games suddenly stop working on the same driver they worked on before?

This could be something a Windows update did, I would think. Maybe one of the security updates are interfering with your games. I'm on XP and Vista Home Premium and have not had any problems, but yours might be games I don't have.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 23, 09 3:55 PM
I am so relieved to know this is not a problem developing with my computer. I have re-installed three times and was really afraid it was my computer (even though I knew there was plenty of memory). BFG has always been extremely customer oriented and responsive to any problem or question, so I have no doubt in that area.

[Post New]by Shortstitch on Jul 24, 09 6:13 AM
ComputerCharm wrote:Thanks BFGErie......I did contact CS and they offered me a new game but I would rather have the fix for this game...so here's hoping for a fast fix [color]

Charm

I contacted them too and feel the same way. I don't want a credit I just want this game to be fixed as it is such an interesting game to play. There arent alot out there lately as good as this one until the Expeditions ones start coming back with their sequels.....patience I guess everyone....tap tap tap..lol...Pati

Edited on 07/24/2009 at 6:18:17 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 24, 09 8:49 AM
bfgErie wrote:We are working on a new version of the game. There will be an announcement in this forum as soon as the new version is available. Thanks to everyone who wrote into Customer Support about this error. It was because of your help that we were able to isolate the cause of the problem. Thanks for writing in and thank you for your patience while we work to correct this unfortunate error.

THANKS BFG........ I STARTED THIS THREAD HOPING TO GET SOME ANSWERS.

I have always loved your game site...THANKS AGAIN.....now waiting .....waiting.....

PEN

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Jul 24, 09 9:14 AM
I'm looking forward to it being fixed too. I've enjoyed as much of it as it has let me play and I'd love to finish it

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 24, 09 9:17 AM
Just a reminder that the bugs have to be fixed by the developers, who then give the new version to BFG who then has to do a quick test to make sure they got fixed and that they didn't introduce NEW bugs (which happens more often than you would think). Some developers work fast, others have already put their team working on another project and have to yank them off it or ask them to squeeze in the bugfixes in their "spare time". And if the guy who implemented THAT section of the code has since left the company... well let's just say that debugging somebody else's code takes at least 3 times as long.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jul 24, 09 9:26 AM
I downloaded and purchased this game but haven't tried it yet other than the title screen. Is everybody having problems with this game, or just some people?

Lord Kalvan is correct. It can take weeks to fix crucial bugs. Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe, a great time management game here on Bigfish was released in late May, and the updated bug free release did not come out for a month after that, but it was worth the wait

Edited on 07/24/2009 at 9:26:45 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 24, 09 10:11 AM
Here is a ray of hope for all of us. I think I accidentally found a way to get the game to "play nice". By the time I re-installed for the fhird time, I was getting a bit impatient. I used the "Skip All" option on all the dialogue screens; and after leaving the game, had no problem when I returned. I even had to close it again, but had no problems when I opened it once more. I used only the "Skip All" option, not the "Click to Continue" on all the dialogue screens. I hope this helps.

Aksel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Aksel on Jul 25, 09 11:25 PM
thistle809 wrote: Here is a ray of hope for all of us. I think I accidentally found a way to get the game to "play nice". By the time I re-installed for the fhird time, I was getting a bit impatient. I used the "Skip All" option on all the dialogue screens; and after leaving the game, had no problem when I returned. I even had to close it again, but had no problems when I opened it once more. I used only the "Skip All" option, not the "Click to Continue" on all the dialogue screens. I hope this helps.

Aksel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:IS BFG GOING TO FIX IT???-"Burning Eyes and Lantern Placement"

[Post New]by Aksel on Jul 25, 09 11:39 PM
Thanks to everyone,
I tried numerous time,after I installed the burning torch.Everybody knows that,the second lantern is not there,simply vanished!It isn't in the tool box.It isn't nowhere to be found!
I really don't want to have to start the whole game over again.
Good luck!!!

[Post New]by dnastrand on Jul 26, 09 2:09 AM
The game is rubbish - it crashed on my Toshiba laptop 1 minute into the game. I've deleted it and not likely do re-download.

20TN40
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by 20TN40 on Jul 26, 09 3:17 AM
If there are people who play the game to completion without any issues at all, why would it be assumed that there is something wrong with the game instead of something wrong with the settings on your computer?

My Everex StepNote has very little RAM and a bargain basement graphics card but I played the game all the way through with no issues at all.

Go to: