bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Defenders of Law: The Rosendale File forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 24, 09 12:04 AM
Welcome to Defenders of Law: The Rosendale File forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Defenders of Law: The Rosendale File players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Defenders of Law: The Rosendale File forum

[Post New]by PeaHeath60 on Jul 24, 09 12:38 AM
Well I downloaded the game.....and when I opened it to play (which was immediately after downloading) ..it said "Trial Expired"....

Edited on 07/24/2009 at 12:40:21 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 24, 09 1:09 AM
so sorry to hear that peaheath had you beta'd the game or demo'd it somewhere else if so then you would need to go and delete it from your programs. if you haven't then contact customer support the little green envelope in the lower right hand side of your screen. hope this helps

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 24, 09 1:10 AM
Mine too! What's up?

[Post New]by PeaHeath60 on Jul 24, 09 1:12 AM
Nope...never tried it, and haven't beta tested it....since it's the weekend, thought I would post here, to see if I could get a leg up on customer support request...and I have seen this problem before a few times..and it was a technical glitch...so I thought I would post.

Cheers, Patty

Edited on 07/24/2009 at 1:13:30 AM PST

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Jul 24, 09 1:49 AM
It says "Trial Expired" for me too and I haven´t Beta-tested it either
I never buy a game without trial ( if it isn´t a large file and then I usually search for a demo elsewhere).

Edit: I have Beta-tested it ! But it was in the beginning of February so I have forgotten it
( I checked in my e-mails)

Edited on 07/24/2009 at 2:01:54 AM PST

Lelizzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Lelizzz on Jul 24, 09 5:54 AM
I get an error message whe i try to start the game. Then it terminates again. So i cant play it at all... Is there something wrong with the game?

[Post New]by loula33 on Jul 24, 09 6:05 AM
Hiya i have been able to play a bit of the trial but it is going really really slow !!!!!!!

The mouse and pointer are so delayed my trial is being wasted trying to play!!!!

Come on big fish whats going on.....can i have the trial again when problem fixed or do i lose that?????

Shame if i do as it seems like a good game but like to try before i buy xx

[Post New]by crazycatjag on Jul 24, 09 6:20 AM
Can't even play the game very long. It keeps kicking me out. Whats up BF? I won't be able to buy if this happens all the time.

[Post New]by AnnieO52 on Jul 24, 09 6:24 AM
I downloaded the game.....no problems there. But the game is very jerky......the hand doesn't move like it should and all locations are very, very slow to load. I guess I'll wait and see if they fix the issues before I waste a game credit on this one.

[Post New]by robino5454 on Jul 24, 09 6:26 AM
This file is messed up! I can get it to load and open, but then the pointer goes crazy so that you have no controls in game. Let us know when you have this one patched up.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jul 24, 09 6:56 AM
PeaHeath60 wrote:Nope...never tried it, and haven't beta tested it....since it's the weekend, thought I would post here, to see if I could get a leg up on customer support request...and I have seen this problem before a few times..and it was a technical glitch...so I thought I would post.

Cheers, Patty

It is Friday the 24th for bfg. They are in Settle, Washington, USA. So help is on the way, as soon as they open.
giggyann

soob
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by soob on Jul 24, 09 7:31 AM
Hi all,

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with this game too. Everything works ok but I have no sound at all!
Now that may be a blessing in some cases but I would like the option to turn it off!
I have trashed and downloaded it three times now, anyone else has this problem?

simisola
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by simisola on Jul 24, 09 9:28 AM
When I tried the trial version it registered a major error and I had to completely shut down my computer. How will we know when this is fixed, I'm pretty new to forums.

[Post New]by ehigh55 on Jul 24, 09 9:46 AM
Why is my cursor , mouse so slowl Where do I get an answer to my question?

Edited on 07/24/2009 at 9:47:29 AM PST

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by asenski on Jul 24, 09 9:58 AM
I just gor done playing the demo, and yes, I did play for the full hour, had no problems. Not sure about the sound, because I hardly ever have my sounds turned on. For the people that could not play the game......It's a very basic HOG, no real challenge in it, I surprised myself by finishing the demo. Graphics are blurry and the items blend in at times. If you are a beginner for HOG's, it's a good game, but for the more serious players, don't bother, it's not worse it. Just straight clicking, the mini games are easy (basically tells you, what to do) and the court scenes are lots of talk and again tells you, what needs to be done. Hope, this helps the fishies, that could not play or download.
I give the game a rating of

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 24, 09 11:14 AM
i too played for only 30 mins, the mouse pointer was very jerky and when i came to the mini game, (or something in a lab,by the looks of it ) i could not get the mouse to work at all, so i gave up and un-installed, also, some things were very easy to find, but i must admit there were a few items i had to use the hint for x x x

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Jul 24, 09 11:27 AM

I had no problems downloading or playing this game. It was too easy for me. You do have to find some blue items but it is not an inventory based game, you sort of earn the torch, magnifying glass and the blue light gadjet for finding blood, fingerprints etc as you go along. Pretty short game? or was that just me. Didn't need help from the walkthrough although this link is with the game straight away which made me laugh. When I really have been stuck the walkthrough is behind a backlog. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
Can't say I didn't like it, it's a pleasent enough game.

[Post New]by JenFen on Jul 24, 09 11:39 AM
I had no problem with the demo and I just loved it. Yes, it was kind of easy, but sometimes I like just a simple Hidden Game. It was very relaxing to me and I plan on buying the game. Thanks BFG!!!!

[Post New]by sugarplumfairy on Jul 24, 09 1:50 PM
I'm also having problems with the trial version of this game. No control over the mouse and when it first opens up it's in small screen. When I try to go to full screen I get an error message and the game shuts down. I'm going to uninstall it until BFG fixes the problem.

Go to: