Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 24, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 8:59:07 AM PST

Pwoot
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret here

[Post New]by Pwoot on Jul 24, 15 3:15 AM
I bought this game today 7/24, downloaded and installed it, but when I try to play it, it says program requires a security key, so I press ok, and it says to enter the registration name and key, never heard of this before or gotten it on ANY other game, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Anyone know or is getting the same response to trying to play this game?

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jul 24, 15 3:21 AM
With all the issues with the CE, I had hoped to play the SE.. But the same problems occur.. Game does not play smooth, when I arrive at the castle and need to take care of the horse , cursor does not work anymore, at all. All I could do was force the pc out of the game...

I like the game but it is unplayable..

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Jul 24, 15 6:27 AM
OS 7 win
I am truly fed up with games not working.
Enough is enough.
Not to mention having to sift thru heaps of crap to find this thread.

muskymom
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by muskymom on Jul 24, 15 7:08 AM
The hint is locked and cannot be used. Anyone else with this problem?

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Jul 24, 15 8:18 AM
Was looking forward to this game as the CE didn't work and no one has bothered to fix it and no updates available. Downloaded fine but upon playing the first hidden object game, found a glitch with hint....

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 24, 15 8:44 AM
muskymom wrote:The hint is locked and cannot be used. Anyone else with this problem?

What Difficulty Modeare you playing ????

If you are playing in Custom Mode, the Hint & Skip are OFF & a Cage is cover the Hint Tab. To turn them ON, Click OPTIONS Then GAME MODE then CHECK 2 BOXES then use the SLIDERS to set the TIMERS for Hint & Skip. The Sliders are set for 300 seconds aka 5 minutes if you don't change them.

HTH

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 9:12:11 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jul 24, 15 8:58 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jul 24, 15 10:17 AM
Okay, I will contact customer support because this is a game I really want to play!!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 24, 15 10:18 AM
Looks like the glitches in the CE have not been fixed, or addressed for that matter. Very disappointing!! Another game I can't play. Windows XP.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Jul 24, 15 2:41 PM
ganonsbane wrote:
muskymom wrote:The hint is locked and cannot be used. Anyone else with this problem?

What Difficulty Modeare you playing ????

If you are playing in Custom Mode, the Hint & Skip are OFF & a Cage is cover the Hint Tab. To turn them ON, Click OPTIONS Then GAME MODE then CHECK 2 BOXES then use the SLIDERS to set the TIMERS for Hint & Skip. The Sliders are set for 300 seconds aka 5 minutes if you don't change them.

HTH

I had already done this. The hint was fine until I reached the castle , then it locked and will not open. I went back and checked under custom mode and the hint is still set for 15 seconds. Went into the game again and the hint is still locked and will not open. This is definitely a glitch and needs to be fixed. Until notified that this has been fixed I will not consider buying this game.

[Post New]by lucilu2012 on Jul 24, 15 2:43 PM
I, too, cannot play either the CE or SE of this game. And, it's not the only game, either. I also haven't been able to play both CE or SE of Labyrinths of the World - the Forbidden Muse and Dark Romance - Heart of the Beast. I do not have any problems with any of my other games and both my computer system and drivers are all up to date so it's not me or my PC but it's the developers' fault. They are trying to put in so many puzzles and games and special effects that these games are now very, very sluggish and the cut scenes take forever or you get black screens everytime you have to go on. Also, on my Big Fish Manager, I can only download maybe 5 or 6 games and leave them there to play because if I have more than these, forget it, all the games will play very very slowly. I used to be able to leave all my purchased games on the game manager but now I have to download only a few at a time and then after I have played them, I have to delete them from the Game Manager until the next time I want to play and then it's back to only downloading 5 or 6 games at a time. There must be a better system.

[Post New]by sunflower1945 on Jul 24, 15 2:50 PM
IN HOP TO GET THE HAMMER, i FOLLOWED THE HINT BUT IT IS NOT WORKING. H
THIS IS A GOOD GAME BUT TOO MANY PROBLEMS

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by evaree on Jul 25, 15 1:06 AM
My helper is unconscious and I have no where to go. My hint button is locked and I dont know what to do! I was enjoying playing the game so it is most annoying. HELP

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 25, 15 4:08 AM
Custom cursor does not work for me. It is fine in the CE version but I do not buy CE games. I always use custom cursors as they are smaller. Just redownloaded the CE version to check and there is no problem at all. Do not know if it is the new version that has fixed this issue as I was away on holiday when the game came out.
Will have to hope we get an update for the SE version

[Post New]by bridgettb on Jul 25, 15 7:48 PM
In HOP in Perche castle where I am to get the sword, I have found from looking through walkthroughs, I can't finish. I am at the very end of HOP and think I am meant to put the angels together. I did so with the angel on the far left. Now a hand cursor goes over the crown and intrument (I think?) but game will do nothing more. When I click hint it tells me to go to that room but nothing more. The hint shows nothing specific anywhere in the game. Not sure if that is normal or not but seems odd. Little frustrating and I am seriously hoping this is Operator Error and nothing more. Please tell me what I am doing wrong!

marfinn25
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by marfinn25 on Jul 27, 15 11:35 PM
seem to be having the same problem as everyone else was so looking forward to this game but can't click on items and so sluggish finding this with a lot of BF games now but this game seems unplayable sorry I bought it now

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jul 28, 15 2:26 PM
I'm on XP too, and was enjoying this until in the first HOG scene, when I clicked on the cherub in the book, there was a "clunk" sound and my computer froze completely, I had to turn it off.

Restarted (from where I'd got to!) and it carried on fine until I tried to get the neptune key thingy after sorting out all the shields and axes...
this time I got an access violation code and was able to exit via ctrl/alt/delete

but it is very disappointing as I was enjoying this game, and I'm sad to learn there are lots if issues with it. Oh well, I can't buy it then

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 29, 15 10:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the various issues that players are experiencing.

Pwoot, generally a request for a security key comes up after a major change has happened in the computer such a piece of hardware being replaced or software being upgraded. Please contact our Technical Support Team so that they can help with this issue.

shelterhill , Joywales, and marfinn25, I'm sorry that the cursor isn't working in this game. Please also reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can help troubleshoot this issue for you.

With players that are experiencing the hint glitch issue, our Technical Support Team would be happy to work with you to help get things up and running. Please also contact them with a Dr. Felix Report. Thank you ganonsbane
for providing great suggestions of going into the options to check what mode players are currently using.

bridgettb, I'm sorry that you are unable to move further into the game. It may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints to ensure everything is up to date with your video graphics card:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Kathilisa, since it sounds like after turning off your computer an error access violation message appeared, please look at the following help article for hints:

Access Violation

If you find that you are still having issues after looking at the help articles, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. This will help to keep track of and report the issues you are experiencing to the appropriate team.

You are welcome to PM a moderator if you have any further questions.

bfgBellerophon

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Aug 2, 15 4:42 PM
I couldn't play the CE for this game, as I'd hit play, and then the screen would go black, and then back to the game manager. So, I bought the SE as soon as I could put my name in and go through the beginning sequence, not even trying to play. So surprise, surprise! Every couple of minutes the game minimizes! I optimize, play a couple more minutes, then it minimizes again! Rinse and repeat.
The thing that gets me is that after the little bit I did play of the SE, I recognized the game as one I played the beta, and absolutely loved!!! I played the beta til the end of the trial, and had absolutely no problems whatsoever! What gives?

Playing on Win 7.

Someone here mentioned that the games go smoother if you have only a few in your game manager... is that true? I have a least 100, probably a lot more than that. I've had problems with games running very slowly, so I usually just exit, reboot, and go back in.

Go to: