[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 24, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 8:58:12 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jul 24, 15 8:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 24, 15 12:04 PM
Hello friends! Well, I tried the CE version of this game again and still could not get it to work correctly. Too bad, the beta was a very nice game and I was looking forward to playing. However, I did give the SE a shot and wonder of wonders, it actually worked through the entire demo! Game play was very good and I had none of the same problems with the SE. Colors are very bright and clear. Animation is excellent and voice overs are very well done. Music is nice and sometimes gives you that "edge of your seat" feeling. Warning, if you don't like things jumping out at you, you probably won't like this game. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

I really like the HOPs in this game. You have a combination of interactive lists, match pairs, silhouettes and "put this item where it belongs." HOPs are clean and clear and items are not difficult to find, but I did have to stop and think about a couple. Puzzles are interesting and somewhat different. I did not see a jump map in the SE version, unless I missed it somewhere, but the hint system does transport you to longer locations and is quite helpful. Drake will sometimes say you need to move on, but if you back out and ask for another hint, you will get one that heads you in the right direction.

I like the fact that we have a helper who he is a human for a change. My problem was remembering to give him the item I knew needed to be used in the scene, without trying to do it myself first. He adds a bit of comedy to the game as well. Really wish the CE had worked for me, but this is a very nice SE and I am going to add it to my collection. I think all levels of players will find this one fun and with some challenge.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Jul 24, 15 1:26 PM

Edited on 07/25/2015 at 2:47:20 PM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jul 24, 15 2:01 PM

Edited on 07/25/2015 at 2:52:41 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret here

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 27, 15 10:54 PM
I can't think of much I liked about this one. It's quite unique, but it's just not for me.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Aug 8, 15 9:19 AM
For the most part, I liked this game. Didn't love it, though. The graphics were nicely detailed and the music was appropriate to various scenes. Storyline is a "been there, done that" kind of thing.

There was nice mixture HOPs.

I'm not crazy about games that include a helper as I usually forget to use them. However, this one was okay...and quite funny!

I ran into a problem in Chapter 5 with the hint button. When I tried to use it in a scene, it pointed me to an area when an action needed to be completed. However, I hadn't yet received the inventory item needed to complete this action....or many times it would circle an inventory item that I did have and then circle my helper (who, btw, had been knocked unconscious). Finally I had to go to the walkthrough. Nothing more frustrating than when I give in and use the Hint button and it's worthless. A big black mark against a game.

[Post New]by MsFireDragon on Sep 14, 15 4:13 AM
Once again BF has come thru with a wonderful storyline. This game has my daughter in knots (in a good way), as she loves the Elizabethan era. While not completely of a 'historical' nature, it is enough to spark & keep her interest, while getting her thinking about royal intrigue & the workings of Court Life.
The mini-games are not pushovers & we have to REALLY think things thru (Drake does drive us a tad loco & makes one wish you could simply box his ears. Repeatedly).
This is why I don't purchase games from other companies, the quality, care of how/what the customer wants/needs/thinks & attention to details.
Thanks again.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 29, 15 10:02 PM
While looking over the Big Fish Games' Customer Favorites Awards for 2015 I saw Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret listed as a sleeper hit game and thought I would give it a try
Well, it seemed that almost as soon as I started the Trial my time was up ! Very seldom do I play out the full trial, I only play long enough to find out if it will play on my PC but this time I was so into it that trial time really flew by and I bought on their $4.99 Award Winners Special.
This game hooked my by being "different " as some of the other reviewers describe in their well written reviews

Trial played on new desktop running factory installed Windows 10 without any problems so far

***** Edited on*******January 3,2016**************************
Just completed this great game with only a few problems ( bringing pointer too close to edge 'kicked me out' so I just changed to "easy mode" from medium and all went well !

I liked this storyline and my "Helper" made me laugh and smile as he reminds me of Jack Sparrow and would like more "Helpers" like him

Like I said, I liked this game a lot but you will have to form your own opinion of it, give it a try

out of possible 5 from me

Played on new desktop PC running factory installed Windows 10 with only a few minor problems

Edited on 01/03/2016 at 5:57:02 PM PST

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Feb 14, 16 4:44 PM
Very nice game. Interesting mystery story. Somewhat different, no ice, no witches. Set in the Renaissance Era. HOP's and puzzles are interesting, not too difficult, not too easy. Good graphics, good voice overs. Didn't use a hint, didn't skip a puzzle. Kept my interest.
I recommend the game.

Go to: