Treasure room outside of castle HOP - can't find....

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Jul 24, 15 10:17 AM
...last disc to open the drawer. Hint says go back to room. I go back and hint says to go to the HOP. SG is no help because it doesn't show where HOP items are. Anyone know where the last danged disc is?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Treasure room outside of castle HOP - can't find....

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 24, 15 11:01 AM
gladysschmuck wrote:...last disc to open the drawer. Hint says go back to room. I go back and hint says to go to the HOP. SG is no help because it doesn't show where HOP items are. Anyone know where the last danged disc is?

All of the Disc are in the HOP. I don't remember the exact locations of each disc. The problem that I had was that there were other round things in the HOP that weren't Disc.

Edited on 07/24/2015 at 9:27:15 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Treasure room outside of castle HOP - can't find....

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 24, 15 11:26 AM
Disc Locations:

Numbering the Slots on the Chest 1 - 4 from left to right.

# 1. Top Center, in Broken Glass Bottle after using the Diamond to break the Bottle & removing the Pipe.

# 2. Just above Dream Catcher Hoop, to the right of Chest Lip, between Chest Lid & Sword.

# 3. Bottom Right Corner, just above Hint inside Dream Catcher Hoot.

# 4. On Open Book after using the Letter Opener to cut the Rope on the Closed Book.

HTH

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Jul 24, 15 1:34 PM
Thanks so much ganonsbane. The one in the dream catcher is the one I'm having problems with. I clicked on it repeatedly but couldn't pick it up. That's why I figured it wasn't one of the discs. It seems pretty obvious that it's a disc because of the markings on it. But I still can't pick it up. Have clicked all over the thing. It won't budge. Is there any secret to picking it up? Sheeeesssssshhhhhhhhh. Ridiculous.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 24, 15 3:41 PM
You may be trying to pick up the wrong thing. If #3 is missing, try picking up the round thing between the Bottom of the Clay Vase & the bottom of the Dream Catcher Hoop.

I don't know what the other Round Thing with the Markings & Screw near the right edge of the Hoop by the Hourglass is but it isn't the Disc. If that's what you're trying to pick up, you aren't alone. I tried a few times myself. I even thought a Disc might be stuck to the bottom of the Hourglass & tried to pull it off.

HTH

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Jul 25, 15 5:36 AM
Thanks again. Yep, that's what I keep trying to pick up. It's brown colored and has rather faint black markings and looks just like the other discs on the box. It's right above the rim of the dream catcher and, as you said, under the clay vase. It just will not pick up. I've clicked on every part of it and have clicked on every disc behind the dream catcher. Like you, I've clicked on all those other items to no avail. Must not be a general game error or it would have been a problem for more than just me. But it's really frustrating.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 25, 15 1:42 PM
What Game Mode ( aka Difficulty Level ) are you playing ???

I'm playing in Casual Mode & my Cursor becomes a Hand, when I can pick up the Discs. If you aren't playing in Casual Mode try changing your Game Mode then see if you can pick it up.

One more thing, there is a Bead on the list. It's the Blue Gem in the Center of the Dream Catcher Net. When you pick up the Bead, it, also, removes the Net from Dream Catcher. You can't pick up the Disc until the Net is gone. Before the Net is gone, you can pick up the Spy Glass which is, also, behind the Net but not the Disc. I don't know how that's possible since the Spy Glass is bigger but it's true. I assumed that you had already picked up the Bead & I didn't think of it earlier.

HTH

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Jul 27, 15 7:50 AM
I'm playing casual also. Interesting what you said about the dream catcher net vanishing. It hasn't for me. The only item remaining on my list is the base. I've picked up the bead. And no cursor turning into a hand.

I've tried changing modes but same problem. Now I'm thinking this is some type of glitch unique to my computer...........which makes no sense at all. What a mystery.

I think I'm forced to give up on this game. Just can't think of anything else to do.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 27, 15 10:23 AM
I've played this HOP a dozen times, probably more, & the Dream Catcher Net always disappeared when I took the Bead. Until I take the Bead & the Net is gone, I can't pick up the Disc. If the Net is there, after taking the Bead then the only option is to Restart the game from the beginning with a Different Profile. You can Uninstall & redo the download till the end of time but it won't help because your Saved Game File is Corrupt.

You still need to Uninstall then Reinstall the game then Create a New Profile & Restart the game from the Beginning.

Edited on 07/27/2015 at 10:02:37 PM PST

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Jul 27, 15 2:28 PM
Thanks for that information. Hadn't thought about a saved file corruption but that makes perfect sense. Curses corruptions!

Nope, don't want to start all over again - though I did like the game. Too many other games out there to play one over again.

Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it!!!

Go to: