bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 25, 15 12:29 AM
From the minds of Mad Head Games, creators of the Rite of Passage and Nevertales series.

As a child, you had a wonderful imaginary friend from outer space. Nix taught you about the stars and inspired you become an astronomer. Years later, while investigating a mysterious object in the sky, you discover that your imaginary friend was real all along! He's come to warn Earth of a terrible threat – a merciless race of aliens is fast approaching, and you and Nix are the only ones who can stop them. Can you save both your friend's planet and your own in time? Your journey will take you into the past and beyond the stars in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jul 25, 15 10:11 AM
Going to purchase this game, but I noticed technical issues with certain computers, in this case Mac and W 8.1; neither of which I use. I am worried about what's going to happen when Windows 10 is released in less than a week. A lot of people have already signed up to get it for free, but my big concern is that my old games or the new ones that come out once it's released, won't be compatible. I hope BF is ready for an influx of new problems once W10 is released. I am a hardcore gamer, with BF games being my 'relaxing' game site; for times when I just don't feel like entering another battle, building another fort, shooting another terrorist, etc. Someone called this game one for guys. Well, I'm no guy, but play games like Assassin's Creed, and am in my 50s!

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 25, 15 9:22 PM
To BossBrat,

Thought I'd let you know that I've completed the main game on Win 8.1 Pro-64 Bit. Haven't had any of the problems that other players are reporting. The game is brilliant and the music is very soothing. Saved the Bonus game for tonight.

May you enjoy it as much as I did!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 31, 15 8:01 PM
Just wanted to say that I am loving this game. Mad Head Games are one of my top 3 favourite game developers. Can't wait for "Maze: Subject 360" to come out today (Saturday). Played the beta and loved it. !!

Great work, Mad Head Games.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 1, 15 3:50 PM
I am having an absolutely spectacular weekend!
Two...Mad Head games that are really, really wonderful.
The only thing I don't like about Beyond are the bright sparkly lights and reflections...they hurt my eyes.....but I am loving the story.
Loving the Rock-a-Billy music.....I love Carl and the comments he makes over the walkie talkie......he is my favorite Geek, right down to the eye glasses and bow tie......and I would be happy to by his girlfriend.

I am enjoying the variety in all the rocket ships. Too many Devs just have one image that you look for.......It makes sense in Mad Head's other game that came out this week....the very scary.....already jumped and screamed a few times, Maze; Subject 360. There, the swirly as they call it....the spiral is easier to hide in the back grounds where anything more complicated would show up like .....um...would show up like the horse's head in the film directors bed in a certain classic film about the Mafia in America.

I do wish Mad Head would have reset buttons on more of their puzzles though.

I wondered if Mad Head was becoming a bit complacent.....and have decided...no way.....shame on me for even wondering!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 2, 15 11:38 PM
Two things that happened (and it's not the first time):

1) In one of the HOS I had to assemble a fishing rod. All I still needed was the fishing line. I clicked on it - it is quite visible. I clicked and clicked and clicked. Nothing happened. So in the end I used a Hint (which I didn't want to do), and it pointed to the fishing line. And only after that was I able to get the fishing line.

This happened before in other games.

2) I love morphing objects in the HOS - prefer them there than in the main scenes - but (and I asked this before) is it at all possible to make the morph more rapid? Some of the objects take a long time to change, and frankly, I am not THAT interested in finding them that I will spend another 10 minutes staring at the scene.

Thanks for... listening?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 3, 15 1:30 AM
Valdy wrote:
I love morphing objects in the HOS - prefer them there than in the main scenes - but (and I asked this before) is it at all possible to make the morph more rapid? Some of the objects take a long time to change, and frankly, I am not THAT interested in finding them that I will spend another 10 minutes staring at the scene.

Thanks for... listening?

I so agree Valdy.....especially since there are still achievements to get for timing on the games......and for accuracy.

In the Maze; subject 360, the morphs are so slow, that I have given up looking for them, and am using the SG to find them....and I would rather find them on my own.

I DO love Mad Head's use of an 'indicator' on the menu that shows if there IS or is not a morph.....or is or is not a Collectable in regular scenes, since not every HP or scene has them.

I wish all the Devs would f this.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 7, 15 8:40 PM
Valdy said,

1) In one of the HOS I had to assemble a fishing rod. All I still needed was the fishing line. I clicked on it - it is quite visible. I clicked and clicked and clicked. Nothing happened. So in the end I used a Hint (which I didn't want to do), and it pointed to the fishing line. And only after that was I able to get the fishing line.

I had the same problem. I noticed in another thread that others did too. Click on the top, no response. Click on the bottom and it finally registers.

I prefer the morphing objects in the bigger picture as opposed to the HOPs.

Edited on 08/07/2015 at 8:42:37 PM PST

Go to: