Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 25, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/25/2015 at 8:37:27 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 25, 15 1:20 AM
I've no sound on this game? And once I open game it kills the sound on my laptop and I have to reboot it. Everything up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still the game is silent. Have checked all the sound options, turned them up to max but still nothing...
I've a Macbook Pro OS X 10.10.4 running Yosemite.
Really disappointing :-(

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 25, 15 1:28 AM
cannot even get the game to play, alli get is a black box, but it is still counting down the time...windows 7

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jul 25, 15 1:50 AM
Win 7 here. No sound problem....it's rock n roll by the way So far so good with no issues in demo.

[Post New]by equicate on Jul 25, 15 6:01 AM
belamba wrote:I've no sound on this game? And once I open game it kills the sound on my laptop and I have to reboot it. Everything up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still the game is silent. Have checked all the sound options, turned them up to max but still nothing...

Same here. Exactly. Macbook Pro OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite.

WTH?!!

wkdsdenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wkdsdenn on Jul 25, 15 6:46 AM
Had sound on sample play but lost it when I purchased and activated. Reinstalled, rebooted, etc. Still no sound.

Macbook Air OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite

Edited on 07/25/2015 at 6:48:56 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 25, 15 7:58 AM
No tech issues with the demo, however after buying the game it won't install. Already downloaded it twice now and still no luck. I'm on a monthly d/l limit and will have wasted 2gb of my 15gb allowance if I try it a 3rd time. Not happy

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Jul 25, 15 8:18 AM
Yet another issue with access violation...windows 8.1 and demo screen went black after second scene...had to exit ctrl/alt/delete..seems memory could not be written..shame seemed like a great game..

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 25, 15 8:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Jul 25, 15 2:09 PM
I am Mac running Yosemite. No sound at all. Was really looking forward to this game...not good.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 25, 15 2:47 PM
Rather interesting game; however, while playing the demo, unfortunately - while in the cave - after doing the mini-game(?) locating the unusual shapes which turned to blocks, the game simply froze up. Hmmm. . .I've never encountered any problems with Mad Head games in the past. Oh well!!

I'm using a recently purchased (two weeks ago) Toshiba Satellite C55-B 64-bit OS; Intel Celeron CPU w/2.16 GHz, 500 GB RAM

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Jul 25, 15 4:04 PM
I experienced a miraculous self-healing effect concerning the sound problem on MacOS 10.10.4. This morning after downloading, the game had no sound at all, like others reported in this thread. This evening, after reading the reviews, I decided to look into the game once more, and it surprised me with clear Rock'n'Roll music and well-done voiceovers.
Unfortunately, I cannot tell what exactly made the difference. In between my two experimental sessions, I didn't install anything, neither game nor plugins. The only difference I can tell was: in the morning I started the game with muted sound and unmuted the sound while playing, in the evening I started the game with previously activated sound.
The sound problem remains a bug, but perhaps this workaround may work for others as well, as this game is definitely worth playing.
Back to the game which I just purchased.

[Post New]by littleone_1 on Jul 25, 15 6:22 PM
Katie318 wrote:I am Mac running Yosemite. No sound at all. Was really looking forward to this game...not good.
Same here. I would really like to play this game but no sound,no buy.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jul 25, 15 6:50 PM
Very disappointed. Same error message as Shadow Wolf game. Shouldn't have to read help pages and do this and that to get games to work. They should just work. Can't even play the demo. When we say it doesn't work we should get an update that makes it work. Better yet, don't release them until they'll work for most of us. I have windows 7.

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Jul 26, 15 12:27 AM
iMac, Yosemite 10.10.4. no sound at all.

Just wondering: Does any Mac Player have sound?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 26, 15 1:15 AM
belamba wrote:I've no sound on this game? And once I open game it kills the sound on my laptop and I have to reboot it. Everything up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still the game is silent. Have checked all the sound options, turned them up to max but still nothing...

Same here -- 27" iMac running OS X 10.10.4 running Yosemite

Had sound after quitting game -- did not need to reboot. But, game had no sound.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Jul 26, 15 7:25 AM
Mac OS 10.10.4 Yosemite

no sound for game at all, just like the other Mac users.

sound comes on fine for all other applications once the game is quit out.

this is a dev problem, not a hardware problem.

no sound, no play for me as well.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 26, 15 10:15 AM
Windows 8.1.
Got to Wolf Mountain, did the H.O. the fishing line with the magnet on it picked up a key went to drop it in my inventory box and the key vanished!
Came out started the game again and the same thing happened
Going to be asking for a refund. Naffed off with the number of problems people are having with these games.

wkdsdenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wkdsdenn on Jul 26, 15 10:39 AM
Tried saxifraga's idea and it worked for me...

after exiting the game yesterday with no sound, started it again today AFTER turning my computer sound on mute.

once game opened and I was back in...unmuted computer and game sound came on.

hope that works for others as well.

thanks to saxifraga for the suggestion

donna

[Post New]by equicate on Jul 26, 15 11:25 AM
saxifraga wrote:I experienced a miraculous self-healing effect concerning the sound problem on MacOS 10.10.4. This morning after downloading, the game had no sound at all, like others reported in this thread. This evening, after reading the reviews, I decided to look into the game once more, and it surprised me with clear Rock'n'Roll music and well-done voiceovers.
Unfortunately, I cannot tell what exactly made the difference. In between my two experimental sessions, I didn't install anything, neither game nor plugins. The only difference I can tell was: in the morning I started the game with muted sound and unmuted the sound while playing, in the evening I started the game with previously activated sound.
The sound problem remains a bug, but perhaps this workaround may work for others as well, as this game is definitely worth playing.
Back to the game which I just purchased.

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. No sound yesterday, then when I opened this morning without making any changes at all overnight, the sound was there. Weird.

Go to: