Glitches

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Glitches

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 25, 09 12:27 PM
Margie B, does this game still have glitches that several people are complaining. I am playing the demo and am liking it enough to buy it but I hear when bought some people have found problems. I see you did the walk-thru so I thought you must have gone thru fully and have seen if there were any problems.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Glitches

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 25, 09 12:35 PM
One glitch that is still here is playing windowed mode when my resolution is set to 1280x800, the window extends about an inch below the bottom of the monitor. That's easily fixed by dragging the window up to its proper position.

A few items are a bit tricky to click. Even when I know that's the correct item, sometimes I have to click three times to pick it up, trying a slightly different spot each time.

I haven't reached the point where I got stuck last time, yet.

I'm enjoying the game however.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 25, 09 1:08 PM
I finished the game without any problems (this time lol) so the glitches are not effecting everyone which makes it difficult.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 25, 09 5:38 PM
Ok, NEW glitch that I didn't see when I was playing the version from a few weeks ago. I clicked on the locked box, and got an error message saying to look in a certain file for details (but that file was NOT in the location specified, which the game probably didn't have write access to) and the game closed itself. I didn't lose my profile thank goodness, but 5 minutes later in a different scene it happened again.

I emailed customer support about it, with a screen shot and DrFelix zip. Here's hoping that they can figure out what the problem is or at least forward the info to the developers for yet another bugfix.

froggiefly
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by froggiefly on Aug 3, 09 8:32 PM
I have investigated4 out of the 5 suspects I have available so far. I am trying to play the third character on the bottom a matronly looking woman/ Last night after a cpl hrs of play. it said error and closed . I am trying to re enter, the only option available is this woman and every time I click on her it closes out and tells me error, ck the file for information. Has anyone else had this happen? This is bugging me because 1 game I bought won't play at all and another reloaded from the beginning, making me lose all progress and this is a third with major glitches!!!! But I still love you BF!!!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 4, 09 5:44 AM
I can't "Skip" the endless, annoying and unclear dialog at the end of each investigation. There is a Skip button but pressing it just starts the whole annoying dialog over. I cannot hear what is being said for the music. I do no need to hear it as when it finally finished I am taken to a screen where I can read it. I suppose i may be able to adjust the sound but i am NOT interested. I can read this so much faster.

Vanadvindun
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Vanadvindun on Aug 4, 09 2:45 PM
Hi! Am running this on a 32-bit Vista system. Downloaded the one-hour demo, bought it as soon as my time ran out. It didn't remember my game from the demo, though (first time a Big Fish game has done that), so I had to start over again.

I played for about four hours yesterday (investigated nine suspects). Came back today, and it had only saved my investigation of the first person. I am sitting here, once again, investigating the same eight people again (third time, now). This is very dull.

Biggest problem seems to be with the brush that you use for dusting the laudanum bottle and the cross. Every time I have used the brush, it takes many minutes to get the area cleaned. Every stroke does not clean the dust off. As soon as that's done, two dialog boxes comes up on top of each other, the brush refuses to be returned to the "tool area", and the cursor is permanently set to the brush. Impossible to play that way. The bottom of the two dialog boxes appears to be something that should have come up BEFORE I used the brush. It says something about "if I clean the dust off". The dialog box on top tells us what's been revealed. Since I've now had to use this brush six times, because of the game's faulty save feature, I can safely say that this brush problem is here to stay.

While we're here, I'd like to comment on the game's need for your mouse to be in a microscopically-small area for it to recognize something that you're clicking on. If you're new to this game, don't give up thinking that there must be another pearl necklace or ring in the picture. Just keep clicking all over the item, and you'll eventually find the "sweet spot".

Not the best Big Fish game that we've ever played. One of the better hidden-object games, as far as the pictures go. Best music we've ever heard in one of these games. Just has too many quirks to be relaxing or enjoyable. Hope this helps someone else.

Happy playing (or re-playing)!

Jobo34
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Jobo34 on Aug 5, 09 9:04 AM
My game dragged badly. The whole game, or as far as I played it. Got so frustrated I finally quit before the end of game. The arrow floated around objects til I wanted to pull my hair out. lol This problem could possibly be the computer I'm using is not mine, as I'm visiting a family member. It may not have all things needed to play games, I don't know. Oh well, I'll be home this week-end. yea!!

[Post New]by letmebyrsunshine on Aug 9, 09 8:14 AM
It does take forever to get something to work in this games. Big Fish recommened that I download more updates for the video and it helped some, but not a lot.

[Post New]by katydogg on Aug 10, 09 10:08 PM
I have gotten all the way thru the suspects and only have the medicine bottle in Ezra left. I have the dropper, pull some from the bottle and try to put on test paper. Nothing happens. Cannot pull water into dropper. Cannot finish game ~ Arghh

[Post New]by night54 on Aug 11, 09 10:48 AM
In Case Three Franlin Blake I think his name is In the garden scene I am having trouble clicking on the one bird. the one next to where the hints and clues ect. is listed. Also in the stable scen having trouble finding the way to get the robe. I found it but I can not click on the initials on the sleve

[Post New]by mytigereyes on Aug 11, 09 4:28 PM
I have glitches, but I have found when I close out and go back in it will go a little further LOL. Works for me til they fix it. :o)

[Post New]by dottylotty on Aug 11, 09 6:59 PM
i am totally stuck, i am in the wine cellar and i have to dust a bottle for finger prints, i have been dusting the flipping thing for the last half an hour and i cant get any further it just keeps saying dust for fingerprints does anyone know what i can do? i cant move on in the game at all until i have done this and i was actually enjoying this one x

vickynant
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by vickynant on Aug 12, 09 12:27 AM
am at the philaprist room. am not happy as cant open letter...poured tea pot water on it but nothing comes up when looking for something to LIFT the wet seal....aaahhhhhrrrrrr. well will leave it and come back later...

Lajlaj
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lajlaj on Aug 12, 09 2:24 PM
There are two major ones, I think:

1) Starting all anew is is hard ( you keep being told i\the investigation is over )
2) The 'hint' may keep pointing at an interactive object you already found but that you still have to deal with, ( f. i. that closed book ) instead of that one bird you are missing.

[Post New]by joeygreen on Aug 12, 09 5:05 PM
I am having a problem with the game freezing when I attempt to use the magnifying glass to search for secret writing. There were two instances so far, one where I had to click on highlighted words to form a sentence and another time when I had to uncover handwritten text in a medical book. Everytime I try to click on a work using the magnifying glass, the whole game freezes. I am using Vista 64 bit, and have had no problems with any other Big Fish Games

I also experienced the problem reported with the brush not exposing hidden text after dusting for several minutes.

[Post New]by joeygreen on Aug 12, 09 5:07 PM
I am having a problem with the game freezing when I attempt to use the magnifying glass to search for secret writing. There were two instances so far, one where I had to click on highlighted words to form a sentence and another time when I had to uncover handwritten text in a medical book. Everytime I try to click on a work using the magnifying glass, the whole game freezes. I am using Vista 64 bit, and have had no problems with any other Big Fish Games

I also experienced the problem reported with the brush not exposing hidden text after dusting for several minutes.

I have updated all drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Aug 15, 09 10:23 AM
Thanks all. You've convinced me NOT to buy this.

[Post New]by Rebusite on Aug 15, 09 11:28 AM
Can't find the rosepetal in Drusilla's room. Can't get any further as the puzzel blocks this. Anyone know where the Rosepetal is??? 'Hint' does not at all.

Thanks for any help from anyone.

[Post New]by wellllllll on Aug 15, 09 3:26 PM
I started the game and(I run Windows Vista 64 bit) and was stopped when the computer came back and told me "the program has stopped responding and will be closed, I think it has something to do with 64 bit my Mother only has 32 and has not had any problems

Go to: