Edited on 07/26/2015 at 2:36:08 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sacred Almanac: Traces of Greed here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 26, 15 2:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sacred Almanac: Traces of Greed here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sacred Almanac: Traces of Greed.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jul 26, 15 5:19 AM
I do miss the voice overs, but that's ok.It's a surprise to have maybe good SE that's not related to a CE's addition.Like the puzzles and the map works great. May just use a pcc since I have 5 or 6 . Story is good enough . Enjoy fishies

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jul 27, 15 3:31 AM
I too miss the voice overs, I think we have got too used to them. This downloaded with no problems (windows 7, 36 bit, Home edition) I did find it a but jerky sometimes and took some time to change scenes. The puzzles so far, I found quite easy and I am not a puzzle person. It is an adventure game, didn't come across any hidden objects in the trial. Have bought it with a credit because it made a change.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jul 27, 15 3:57 AM
I quite enjoyed this game, and bought it after playing the demo.

Before trying the game, I read the comments about no voices, so was rather surprised to see in Options, a volume control for voices!
Perhaps Big Fish forgot to employ English speaking voice actors for this one?

As for the game itself, the graphics were excellent, the people's clothes and other items all appeared to fit the 20's/30's period it is set in, and the music is quite delightful.

Some of the puzzles I couldn't do, but as they are ones I always have trouble with, I felt no shame in using the Skip Button I may try and do them next time round.

Apart from the lack of voices, about my only gripe is that we have to wait so long for the speech boxes to close, so we can do an action. There was no way to avoid it, unfortunately.

A good game to while away a thoroughly miserable day

Cheers,

Jen

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 31, 15 7:05 PM
Based on completed game

This is a nice little indie developed SE. I found it quite enjoyable and was well worth the PCC I used on it.

The game no HOP scenes. It is a light adventure with some puzzles. I thought the graphics were bright, beautiful and crisp.

Like others have mentioned, there are no voice overs. It seemed to me like they planned the game to have voices but perhaps ran out of money during development and had to release it as is. I think that because there is a lag in the script when you see it on screen. You can't just advance the text as you read it and the length of time it stays on screen makes me think it was timed out for voiceovers. It is noticeable.

This game will not present much challenge to seasoned adventurers and the black bar tips give very direct advice in most cases of what the player is supposed to do. In spite of that, I did enjoy the story and had a nice relaxing time with this one. I recommend giving this at least a demo so see if you like it. I ended up being pleased at the end of it all.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Aug 13, 15 8:13 PM
Apparently I needed this game to keep from losing a months worth of credits. I found this game awkward and I lost interest fast. No voice-overs, but the game gives every indication there should be some. The transporter map didn't transport so as far as I was concerned it was useless. Too many odd things going on in this game and I wasn't sure if they were glitches or just bad programming.

Not a game I would recommend since I didn't even complete it. 2 out of 5 stars on this one.

Chiefcook
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Chiefcook on Nov 21, 15 12:00 AM
Based on the demo - I thoroughly enjoyed it once I got past the railway section.

The graphics were lovely and not "chunky" like other games.

Well done to the developers - keep up the good work

Go to: