annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

Er, don't look at leader boards

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Jul 26, 15 12:41 PM
Can I ask if I am the only person who takes no interest in the leader boards? Don't get me wrong, I am happy to play the game the way I like it and am happy that other people are playing in their own way - I just wondered if anybody else takes no interest whatsoever in them.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:Er, don't look at leader boards

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 26, 15 12:44 PM
you're not alone because I certainly couldn't care less. Anyway I don't think they show the proper scores. I might care if we were rewarded for it though.

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 12:44:54 PM PST

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Jul 26, 15 3:10 PM
They weren't showing the proper scores for about three months leading up to the last update. The "scores" are now accurate at least for the time being. The " reward" is being at the top of the list for an earned score.

lprestie
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by lprestie on Jul 26, 15 3:43 PM
I don't like them either. I try to ignore them. I don't care what every one else is doing.

There not correct anyway.

Lucy

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Jul 26, 15 3:55 PM
You mean the ones in each HOS that compare your rank to your friends? They're not even accurate. In one, I have a lower score than my friend and it puts me in front of her in the rankings. They're meaningless.

PenWeb
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by PenWeb on Jul 26, 15 4:28 PM
I love my Friends, and I am glad so many of them are the top scorers among them, but I know I am never going to be other than in "6th place". Since I started the game I have developed a fine tremor, so it takes me more time to do a HOS than when I started. I am very, very happy if I can even break 200K. The only reason for me to look at the leader board is to see if maybe I beat myself. Ha, ha.

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Jul 26, 15 4:35 PM
"They" are(will be) correct. At least since the last update. The countless combinations of friends that must be correlated must be mindboggling for the DEVS. Be patient, scores are still updating and friends are still being added (upgraded) since the last update. IOS just got their newest update so correlations are lagging. If you are not happy with your score, improve it or ignore it.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 26, 15 8:03 PM
I started playing MC on iPad in December but the leaderboards never appeared in my game. Only my score appeared. So I was pretty excited when they started showing up even though I realized my scores weren't as good as I thought (lol). It was fun for awhile but the scores are messed up now with scores placed out of order and only appearing in about half of the HOS. So I'm not so excited anymore.

And what about the 296,900 scores? I've seen a lot of those, although I've never had one. I've heard that these are not legitimate scores but am wondering if that is true as I have some friends who have come close to the 296,900 score. Are those earned scores?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 8:06:46 PM PST

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jul 27, 15 10:18 AM
The 296.900 scores were achieved by the timer glitch quite some time ago, it is not normally achievable, it is possible to get scores of over well over 295.000s without the glitch though, the glitches scores now showing on the leaderboards are historic I think, not new scores.

[Post New]by phlamingophred on Jul 27, 15 12:25 PM
I looked at them right after the update only to discover that I'm dead last on every single one...and that they don't include all of my friends who should be shown. So, stopped looking at them!

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Jul 27, 15 2:51 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one showing up last on every single one. Not that I expected anything much different, but EVERY one? With every score above me @ 296,500 or so? My own score didn't even make sense so it didn't take long to figure the others must be wrong as well. So I just glance at them to make sure I'm still 6th & last. lol

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jul 27, 15 3:17 PM
I am last on all my scoreboards..........yup, EVERY one.........but, I know my scores are right. When the scoreboards worked, every once in a while I would improve my score just a bit and get in 5th place........never lasted more than a day.....but I really like the scoreboards back.........I missed them! I missed seeing my friends.

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Jul 27, 15 4:17 PM
The only scores that are not legitimate are the 296,900's. I don't think BF is keeping up to date with all of our friends scores either. Just think of all the combinations they must correlate to be current. There is a half million players across the world. I think they are doing the best they can. I like the scores. I am competitive by nature. I have done better since I got my new gaming mouse (A shark!). I also think getting a high score is easier some days over others. It takes just the right amount of cheese puffs and Code Red.

Edited on 07/27/2015 at 4:17:59 PM PST

athwick
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by athwick on Jul 28, 15 2:25 PM
I try to console myself for less than stellar scores by rationalizing that those who score higher than me must be using a touch screen PC while I labor along with a clunky mouse and hand arthritis. Or maybe some are using the "screen shot" method I have read in the forum about but have no idea how to do.

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Jul 28, 15 3:48 PM
athwick wrote:I try to console myself for less than stellar scores by rationalizing that those who score higher than me must be using a touch screen PC while I labor along with a clunky mouse and hand arthritis. Or maybe some are using the "screen shot" method I have read in the forum about but have no idea how to do.

Maybe it's time to upgrade from the "'clunky" mouse to a new gaming one. They are not expensive and will greatly improve your performance. I can guarantee you that I can move faster with a mouse than someone with a touch screen. I only have to move my hand 1/2 inch to cover the screen. The new mice are fully customizable to suit what you need.

Don't know what the "screen shot" method is but they are probably using the "print screen" button on the keyboard then pasting an image off the clipboard in an imaging software so they can memorize item locations. Just memorize the 3-5 locations for each item and read three at a time from the list. Your scores will improve.

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Jul 28, 15 5:33 PM
I look at the leader boards to beat myself, I like challenging my own scores. I have a few friends that have amazing scores and I know I won't beat especially one of them because her results are astonishing. But I don't care about HER scores, just mine. Each time I do better and that little light shines on my scores, it makes me smile. It don't matter if I'm the 6th on the list, it matters if I did better this time than before, it tells me about my progress in each HOS and has actually helped me see which of them cause me most trouble. I make a goal for myself, what is the score I would like to reach and if I reach that one in each HOS I'm happy. That's the way I look at the boards.

Edited on 07/28/2015 at 5:34:06 PM PST

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Jul 28, 15 5:37 PM
The reason why the boards bother me is because I didn't notice there was a glitch several months ago when I played and the glitch turned my scores in a lot of the HOS into 296,900 which is not accurate and impossible as well. It's a problem since I look at the scores after I've played to see how I did, if I did better or worse, but in those HOS I can't see my real scores, just that stupid number, so I have no way of knowing how I'm doind unless I write the scores down in my own notebook - which is what I've started to do. I only wish the 296,900 scores would disappear, then I'd be happy

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Jul 29, 15 4:07 PM
It would be great if BF could somehow let people with "those" scores start over in those scenes. I would be willing to stat over completely with everyone if that is what it would take to fix this problem. I don't like being second when I have earned a score over 296K.

blabbitfan86, you are right to challenge yourself with the scoring. In the end, that is what it is all about. Improve your own abilities. I love it when the sparklies surround the score letting me know I have improved.

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Aug 2, 15 5:11 AM
Also it helps with the Tournaments when I have been playing HOS and trying to get better, faster and more accurate with them. I get better results from Tournaments now then I did before when I hadn't done so well with my HOS.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Aug 2, 15 5:38 AM
This has been an eye-opener for me. I just never looked at them; I only learned what they were by reading comments by other people on this forum. That people go to such lengths to get high scores (for what purpose?) is , well, surprising to me but I am sure I do things that might seem strange to other people sometimes and I am not someone who wants everyone to do the same as myself. In fact I sometimes don't want to do the things that I do!

Go to: