SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

If you want a challenge, it's not the timed mode...

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 26, 15 6:56 PM
Finished timed mode on my first run through without ever getting a timer warning, but limited moves mode is HARD! Some boards appear to give a few more mana bottles, but there are just enough moves to finish the boards with about 5-10 moves left in most cases so you have to get used to hearing that warning blip a lot. Enjoy if you love hard M3s, and good luck in finishing all 200 boards. I'm hoping I don't run out of lives before I get to the end! Thank you devs for not being afraid to give those of us who love a hard M3 a challenge.

[edit] Finally got through limited moves mode last night - small fireball and small bomb are by far the most useful. Don't bother with buying any of the larger jewel chests as you'll never come close to filling up the container since there are so few jewels you can collect per board and you'll need those coins to buy mana bottles. It's funny, you can't even buy all the castle upgrades in some of the scenes, but when you reach the next checkpoint the game will automatically say you finished the castle (even if you didn't!) and take you to the next one.

Edited on 07/28/2015 at 7:16:34 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:If you want a challenge, it's not the timed mode...

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 13, 15 4:43 PM
After playing through limited moves a couple more times (yes I'm addicted LOL) will say that the chain lightning and launcher spells are also quite useful for most of the game. The small chain breaker doesn't need to be purchased until very late in the game (after level 150 in my experience). I didn't get enough coins to upgrade the bomb, fireball, or chain lightning past medium, but the medium spells were adequate. Paradoxically, I found the third hammer to be pretty useless, as there are only a handful of levels where you can get enough matches in limited moves to actually be able to charge the hammer up to that point.

There are a handful of levels where there are so few moves given you have to fluke it out if you don't want to buy your way out of it using the mana bottles and hammer load from the shop. Most of these are somewhere between levels 125-150, but I encountered a few before level 100 that still baffle me.

Go to: