shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

Phone still ringing!

[Post New]by shripch on Feb 18, 08 12:29 AM
That crazy phone is still ringing. Does it mean anything, or is it just background sound?

Re: Phone still ringing!

[Post New]by fizzog on Feb 18, 08 1:50 PM
If you click on the ringing phone, when doing one of the puzzles, it will complete the puzzle for you. But it does so, at a cost, you lose all your hints and i think you lose some time aswell. I haven't used the phone, but i did click on it to see what happened. It gives you the option to solve the puzzle on your own, or for it to solve it for you.

The choice is yours.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Feb 18, 08 4:53 PM
Thanks, but that's not the phone I'm talking about. I do use the "cheat" phone when I'm feeling lazy, but I'm referring to the background sound of a phone ringing in areas where the "cheat" phone isn't in place. It just bugs me because I want to answer the stupid thing!

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Feb 18, 08 7:25 PM
I have never heard a phone ringing except the cheat phone. What sections of the puzzle are the ones where you hear it?

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Feb 18, 08 7:36 PM
I know why the caged phone rings!!! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
When you click on stuff really fast and get a "time bonus", the sound of a ringing phone signals the addition of a few seconds! Cool! But on the other side(I know because I tried it) if you click on a wrong item too long you lose time, and the phone rings as your time dissapears. Not cool!
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my post!

Go to: