sharping blade

oscar97603
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

sharping blade

[Post New]by oscar97603 on Jul 26, 09 3:04 PM
Have the grindstone on and have tried to sharpen blade but it says hone.
The pedal will not even start. Did I miss a clue somewhere.
Joyce

oscar97603
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:sharping blade

[Post New]by oscar97603 on Jul 26, 09 5:43 PM
yes and still cannot get none of the things to do what they are suppose to do.
Joyce

[Post New]by mizmudgie on Jul 26, 09 7:29 PM
I have the set up but when I get the wheel going and retrieve the axe it stops and won't restart with axe in hand. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by mizmudgie on Jul 27, 09 12:36 AM
No, as I said...with the axe in hand, I can't "step" on the pedal. I get the arrow through the gears.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jul 27, 09 1:09 AM
First step on the pedal then take out axe or blade whatever you want to sharpen. Hold blade against grindstone. It will work in some combo. You cannot sharpen anything by laying it on the table it must be put against the stone when it is in motion. Keep trying it will work.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 27, 09 9:29 AM
I'm having the same problem and I've tried every combination. I'll keep trying but can't imagine the combination I haven't tried.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 27, 09 9:37 AM
This is as ridiculous as crossing the swamp.
If I have the ax the pedal won't work. If I start the grindstone and then pick up the ax the grindstone stops. Does this mean I haven't completed some other aspect of the game?

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jul 27, 09 5:25 PM
No it will work, start the pedal. get the axe hold axe against grindstone, that is all there is to it. Maybe is needs to be done quickly or something. But there is no trick.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 28, 09 7:42 AM
I turned around to look at the marker and clicked on it to get a better look if possible. Turned back around and tried the ax and grindstone again and it worked. Now, I can't get the saw to sharpen. Guess I've got to look for something else I've missed. BTW, I use gameboomers and it doesn't always give specific instructions. Tells you what you need to do but not what to do if it doesn't work. I've learned I've usually missed a step somewhere and walkthroughs don't always remember to tell you each step so you have to hunt around.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 28, 09 11:02 AM
If anyone can figure out how to sharpen the blade pleast post. I love adventure games but they can become so frustrating one wants to dump it.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jul 29, 09 7:04 AM
Paco is the nail in on the grindstone? That could be the only missing step. Otherwise this is not that hard.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 29, 09 8:29 AM
Yes, the nail is on the grindstone. For the life of me I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 29, 09 8:47 AM
Kiedon,
Here's what I do step by step, perhaps you'll see what I'm missing. BTW, if I press the peddle before I pick up the blade the grindstone turns.
Ok, I put the grindstone on, then place the nail to hold it. Press the peddle, it works. Then, I get the blade and when I place the cursor over the peddle I get the gear with the red slash.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 29, 09 9:17 AM
Leave the ax in inventory until after you have the grindstone moving, then pick up ax from inventory and while it's in the upper left hand corner, click on the grindstone and you will get a sharpened ax. There is no trick to this part at all.

Edited to say your grindstone must have the nail holding it on.

Edited on 07/29/2009 at 9:18:16 AM PST

[Post New]by mizmudgie on Jul 29, 09 10:19 PM
I have the same issue Paco, there is the red slash/gear when I get the axe out of inventory. The wheel is stopped and I cannot re-start it until the axe is back in inventory.
And yes The. Nail. Is. In. The. Wheel.

I am ready to dump it too.

Edited on 07/29/2009 at 10:20:14 PM PST

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 30, 09 3:00 AM
It worked this morning. I did everything the same and it worked. I don't know why or how but the blade sharpened. All I can think of is use the rusty blade like the dang pole in the water. Click all over the grindstone edge.

[Post New]by wissaofthewater on Jul 30, 09 5:24 AM
I just read all the stuff you all wrote, and I sharpened the blade in less than a minute. Put on the grindstone (not the blade), put on the nail, step on the peddle, take the axe out of inventory, click on the moving grindstone. Thanks

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jul 30, 09 8:50 AM
Sorry to add to your misery Paco, but after reading all the posts (thanks guys ) I'm now having trouble cutting the poles!!! I'm pretty sure that I should have a length of 15ft. but when I click on the saw lever (& despite using the arrows to move the pole right & left) I can only get 9ft./12ft.
Can anybody tell me if I've missed a step or if not....what am I doing wrong?
Help pleeeeeze.

[Post New]by wissaofthewater on Jul 30, 09 1:58 PM
To Joyce / Oscar97603 - sounds like you had the rusty blade on instead of the grindstone. Put the grindstone on, then the nail, step on the peddle, then take the rusty blade and touch it to the moving grindstone. Hope that works.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jul 31, 09 1:47 AM
paco12348 wrote:It worked this morning. I did everything the same and it worked. I don't know why or how but the blade sharpened. All I can think of is use the rusty blade like the dang pole in the water. Click all over the grindstone edge.

Paco,
I am so happy for you and everybody else, since I had no trouble with this I could not for the life of me figure what the problem was. But the guy who wrote in just before is exactly what I was saying earlier. Maybe there is a exact sweet spot on the grinding stone you gotta hold it against, while you're on a roll, do the sawblade and the thing from the blacksmith shop that you will need to be sharp for later. It is the only thing from that area you can carry away. I forget what it is called, you really do not need it sharp until later in the game, it has an odd name but what the heck.
Kiedon

Go to: