Edited on 07/28/2015 at 6:42:15 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amulet of Dreams here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 28, 15 6:42 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Amulet of Dreams here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Amulet of Dreams.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

OAPPAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by OAPPAT on Jul 28, 15 7:16 AM
hi all

what agreat little game - basic but straightforward - no collectibles - no morphing

just simple and easy - great for a rainy afternoon in uk

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 28, 15 7:54 AM
Beautiful game! Great colorful graphics, pleasant music, hint fills fairly fast, I'm intrigued enough to buy after about 10 minutes of demo.

Edited: Forgot to add; there's a jump map!

Edited on 07/28/2015 at 8:19:06 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jul 28, 15 7:58 AM
I agree with all of the above. I would like to see more of the straightforward games with beautiful graphics, music and a good story!
Thank you developers!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jul 28, 15 10:37 AM
Very much enjoyed this game.. just finished (took me about 3 1/2 hours). more like this please.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 28, 15 12:20 PM
Really nice game, definitely worthy of a pcc. This game is just as good as some CE's but without the collectibles. I came across only one Hos so far. Puzzles are doable and interesting. Nice clear graphics and colors.
Nice to see a game such as this one on a Tuesday.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jul 28, 15 4:24 PM
What a relief to see reviews, lol. When I checked last night (Eastern Aussie time), there weren't any showing at all.

Anyhoo, I am very glad to see that I am not the only one to enjoy this game. I haven't heard of the Devs before, so assume this is their first game. If so, very well done, Mystery Tag!

I love the story - even though we are playing a youngish lad, I didn't feel as though everything was 'dumbed down'. The graphics are lovely and clear, the music is nice, and the voices are good.

It's a buy for me, certainly.

Cheers,

Jen

mylbos
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mylbos on Jul 28, 15 5:01 PM
Fun Game- A nice Tuesday surprise-

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 29, 15 9:55 PM
Really a wonderful, refreshing game, not cluttered with morphs and achievements for everything under the sun, etc etc. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was VERY thankful for the excellent jump map!! Took me a good 4+ hours to complete and enjoyed every minute. There were a couple minor story inconsistencies (is she my sister or my friend?) but totally no big deal. More please! And developers, please do not succumb to those who must have achievements or morphing things for your next game!!! (the millennial's need to be rewarded for everything, LOL!)

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on Jul 30, 15 3:48 AM
Great game..about time someone made a game that wasn't a CE game!! Kudos to the developers!!
Great map..great hint...long enough to really enjoy!!!

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by xapa on Jul 30, 15 1:36 PM
Loved this game, every thing is just beautiful. Thank you developers and Big Fish.
I have waited a long time for a game like this.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jul 30, 15 6:02 PM
One of the best games I've played in a very, very long time. This one is a real jewel!

mabelina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mabelina on Aug 1, 15 12:41 AM
love this game, refreshing ,there have been to many dark concept games please more like this. thx

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Aug 1, 15 7:57 PM
5 stars for Amulet of Dreams

What a wonderful game. No dark scenes, interactive map, beautiful graphics. I usually buy collector editions but took a chance on this game. I'm so glad I did! I was sorry to reach the end. Anyone know of other games like this one?

I recommend this game!

jhowa400
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jhowa400 on Aug 10, 15 11:44 AM
Loved this game. Better than most CE I have bought. Graphics are great and it almost too long..if that is possible. Definitely worth the money.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 14, 15 2:19 PM
Based on completed game

I am very happily joining along with all the positive reviews for this game. I can once again merrily sing the praises of another indie developer.

This is a story of a boy trying to save a friend and princess. It is a story of a wicked mage bent on evil deeds. There is not one portal, not two, but many, many portals to other worlds in this game. But somehow, these wonderful game makers have created this kind of story and it does not seem trite or overused. It is what it is - which in my opinion is a whole lot of fun.

The graphics are crisp and clear. I enjoyed them very much and each of the worlds were very unique.

The game world expands and contacts as you play which increases and decreases your difficulty level, as you must think about where your newly found inventory items must go. To me, this is where the challenge is with this game - in the adventure aspect of gameplay. I don't want to give spoilers, but there were some unique solutions to various difficulties presented to the player which required a bit of thought and creativity. I enjoyed this aspect immensely.

There were very few interactive HOPs in the beginning of the game. Towards the latter part of the game, the number of HOPs increased significantly, but they were mostly straight HOPs you can quickly move through. If you like HOPs you will welcome seeing them. If you aren't a big HOPs fan, I would hope that these players will be so hooked on the game by this point that they won't mind.

There are no difficulty settings. This terrified me at first as I have severe sparkleaphobia. However, there are only sparkles on the HOP scenes and I can manage my fears at that level and not have to remove all traces of their presence from my existence.

I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. Did I mention it was a long one too? I recommend this gem wholeheartedly and hope many others will give this one a whirl. I would love to see more from these developers!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 29, 15 9:22 PM
Very nice little game I got with a PPC and it was well spent.

I had some problems getting to where I needed to be but thanks to this forum I found what was needed.

I may be only me but this game is slightly different from most of the other several hundred games I have played and after a rough spot I really started to appreciate those 'little differences" that caused me to exercise my grey matter

for the gameplay and the work the Dev's put into it

Go to: