Game Tips

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Game Tips

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Jul 29, 15 2:05 PM
Here is a place for us to collect game play tips, tricks or observations.

For example: If you keep your houses far enough away from the Ruined Tower, and make sure there's a clear path to all of them, the Ghosts will be easier to get with a single Lightning bolt.

When a house is surrounded by other buildings Ghosts will teleport directly to them. If you make a path to your houses that the Ghosts can follow, you'll have more time to cast the Lightning bolt and have a better chance of catching them all as a group.

Any money collected in a house that's being "haunted" disappears. So its best to clear the houses before you click on the Tower, just in case.

Edited on 07/30/2015 at 6:58:31 AM PST

Re:Game Tips

[Post New]by witchywoman46 on Jul 29, 15 9:47 PM
I found when you hire a temporary worker, if you keep queuing small things for him to do, like clearing obstacles, clearing grass, he sticks around for awhile. I have tried it twice, 1st time I got 5 obstacles cleared and 2 grasses before he left. Second time I cleared 9 grasses before he left. I haven't tried it on trees yet.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jul 30, 15 6:07 AM
Mainly for new users:
- When casting spells, it is only necessary to click the points, not trace the entire shape.
- There is a limit to the amount of each resource that can be stored – including gold. The gold limit is shown at the Magistrates.
- Using the Resource Collector spell to harvest wood returns twice the amount that cutting does (10 opposed to 5).
- The Acceleration spell can be repeatedly used to dramatically speed up constructing buildings and resource production. It cannot be used for exploring and studying.
- It is not necessary to buy any decor that is not part of a quest.
- The resources that look like Saturn are spheres and are created using the Sphere Creation spell.
- To move an object, click on it and hold down the mouse button. When arrows appear, it can be dragged to where you want it. From thi mode, it can also be sold or put into storage.
- The storage box on the bottom panel will hold some overflow of resources if the main storage limit is reached.
- If you use an obelisk, collect the runes in case you have to activate it.

- If you are not intending to buy any crystals, do not spend any, except 10 to upgrade the Divine Garden to level 2. You may wish to save them to speed up the Windmill study session, which takes 1 day and 5 hours.

- For food, particularly, stick to using the Small Deals. They are quite quick and will return collections which can be exchanged for food.

- Expansion quests appear once all non-timed quests generated in the current area have been completed. The New World quest does not require Homer's library quests to be completed first.

Sets:
- For the ones that exchange for gold, it is a good idea not to exchange them until you need the money. This lessens the chance of running into the gold limit and losing it.
- The collections show how many of each item you have. If you get to 6 of each (I think), they will stop being generated. At this point, exchange at least 1 set.
- Exchanging sets also provides stars towards levelling up.
- It is useful to keep at least one completed set of each type in case they are required for a quest. This is less important for the Scarecrow and Wheat sets.

Levels:
- When your level (or happiness level) increases, the manna pool fills up. So, if possible, use all your manna, then use a collection to level up.
- You will receive gold when the level increases. If the current amount of gold is near the limit, spend some, preferably on a quest goal.

Edited on 07/30/2015 at 7:28:30 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 30, 15 6:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to post your tips. It's a great idea to keep game tips in one thread, and I'm sure other players will have their own contributions to make too! So there won't be any trouble finding this thread, I'll go ahead and sticky it.

Cheers!

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by SilverMaple on Aug 2, 15 8:09 AM
Do anyone know where to find the Friendship set ?

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 2, 15 8:24 AM
SilverMaple wrote:Do anyone know where to find the Friendship set ?

Do you have a specific quest for this, or is it part of a daily assignments quest?

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Aug 3, 15 11:23 AM
A small one: check the grounds in 'hide mode' every now and then. At some point I found I had treasure chests hidden behind buildings...

[Post New]by SilverMaple on Aug 3, 15 4:59 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:

Do you have a specific quest for this, or is it part of a daily assignments quest?

It is part of a quest by Sylvenus. It is time but thank Zeus the timer reset itself.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Aug 4, 15 9:02 AM
If you are at maximum gold, and gain gold because of leveling up or exchanging a set, the gold doesn't get lost. It goes to the excess storage (tab in the middle down the screen). I found some there after unexpectedly leveling up

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

Game Tips

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Aug 6, 15 4:38 PM
lady_sabelle wrote:Here is a place for us to collect game play tips, tricks or observations.

For example: If you keep your houses far enough away from the Ruined Tower, and make sure there's a clear path to all of them, the Ghosts will be easier to get with a single Lightning bolt.

When a house is surrounded by other buildings Ghosts will teleport directly to them. If you make a path to your houses that the Ghosts can follow, you'll have more time to cast the Lightning bolt and have a better chance of catching them all as a group.

Any money collected in a house that's being "haunted" disappears. So its best to clear the houses before you click on the Tower, just in case.

I'm on level 21 and have been playing about a week. (I'm a transplant from another FTP game called Found.)

I tried the advice about lining up my houses as far away from the Ruined Tower as I could, and I put them all in two long rows. I had the opportunity to use lightening on two ghosts at a house, and YES, one bolt took out both of them!

Thanks for the tip!

[Post New]by monalucas on Aug 6, 15 6:42 PM

when you visit neighbors, you get friendship pieces.

Edited on 08/06/2015 at 6:44:08 PM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 6, 15 10:27 PM
There is a thread all about this, but you first need to get a quest with 2 balloons as the icon.

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 9:04:49 AM PST

Atums
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Atums on Aug 11, 15 5:46 AM
So I've read the tip about putting a building into storage to speed up the process, but how do I accomplish that?

ChillFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ChillFish on Aug 11, 15 2:05 PM
What has been helpful for me is upgrading all of my warehouses to the max, that way you don't have to worry about losing or selling extra resources at the port. While I noticed that some people said that extra resources will go into storage, I have encountered a situation where only one of my storage slots was filled and it said that storage was full. Therefore, I upgraded all of my warehouses and was pleasantly surprised that I can have a fourth warehouse when the magistrate was upgraded to level 8. Also, make sure to upgrade the magistrate - level 8 gives you 40,000 gold storage.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Aug 11, 15 3:44 PM
ChillFish, in the storage box, when you Storage building is full, items in the box will go gray. That doesn't mean that the box is full... it just means you can't get anything out of the box. I was confused a bit by this at first, until I realized what was really going on. Items in the box that are in color, mean that your storage building isn't full and you can pull that item out of the box into the building (making it available for building and such).

Many of us that are working to put items into box storage have fully upgraded building storage that is maxed out and are trying to build up a buffer supply in case future game events (suggested by the story so far) make trouble with the Port's function. At least that's what I'm doing.

The only times extra resources (this includes gold) goes into the storage box are when you get resources from cashing in collection sets, leveling up, and the resource collection spell. Building production (including dungeons) is either lost or un-collectable until you have space.

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 3:49:10 PM PST

[Post New]by jim0113 on Aug 13, 15 3:49 PM
Just started this great game less than a week ago. Finding I have to do a lot of "studies" and need alot of scrolls. Would appreciate tips or hints on the best way to build alot of scrolls. thanks.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Aug 13, 15 6:27 PM
Dungeons are a quick way to gain scrolls, but they cost a lot in terms of food and magic (banishing monsters). The tower gives you 10 scrolls every 4 minutes, Mysterious Cave gives you 50 every 8 minutes, Lava Well gives you 250 every 16 minutes and the Harpies give you 500 every 30 minutes.

If you use the Magic Boost Obelisk you can accelerate School and food production to help augment this. And once you have a port, getting scrolls is a lot easier.

Medusausi
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Medusausi on Aug 13, 15 6:29 PM
jim0113 wrote:Just started this great game less than a week ago. Finding I have to do a lot of "studies" and need alot of scrolls. Would appreciate tips or hints on the best way to build alot of scrolls. thanks.

I'm not as advanced as Lady Sabelle who gave great tips but I have the max number of schools and I always keep them working. That seems to help with scrolls.

[Post New]by jim0113 on Aug 14, 15 11:24 AM
Thank you for the great tips on getting scrolls. Jim

Atums
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Atums on Aug 16, 15 12:51 PM
I have a few tricks I use as follows:
It is faster to gather scrolls by searching the caves and tower than to use the schools. It costs less and is completed sooner. I managed to gather 4000 scrolls in 3 one-hour sessions of tower activation.
I activate the Stellar Tower (by the cave) and use the extra mana in the drops to build stockpiles of materials. I build mountains & forests and collect them as I go. I also start gardens, dairy farms, construction, and wood chopping on high yield items and do multiple accelerate spells in a row. It doesn't work well to do just one...you have to keep doing them. Food yield is much quicker. I also use the extra mana to stockpile creation spheres.
The only drawback to these tricks is that you need to babysit the game. I read a book and tend the game as needed
Once you get the port built (all 3 phases), it is much more cost efficient to trade stone for wood, food, etc. The gold uses high amounts to purchase very little. I about bankrupted my gold until I figured that out!

Go to: