Majong Towers Eternity problems

[Post New]by jarta62 on Jul 29, 09 4:48 PM
Why, out of all the different games I can play on this site, do I have problems with Majong Towers Eternity. Within an hour or ninety minutes of starting this game, my Automatic Updates malfunctions, and this is the only game where it happens.
Anyone else have this problem?
This doesn't seem to affect the Windows Update, but rather the updates for my Antivirus.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
328 Posts

Majong Towers Eternity problems

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 29, 09 8:59 PM
jarta62 wrote:Why, out of all the different games I can play on this site, do I have problems with Majong Towers Eternity. Within an hour or ninety minutes of starting this game, my Automatic Updates malfunctions, and this is the only game where it happens.
Anyone else have this problem?
This doesn't seem to affect the Windows Update, but rather the updates for my Antivirus.

Hi Jarta

That is really interesting. There are currently problems with the game having all points turn to 500 - has been happening since the Bfg servers had thr fire - the reason the pts in the game are turning into 500pts is to do with the pointsmap file becoming corrupted wen ya go online - i would just about say that yr anti virus is picking up on corrupt pointsmap files & shutting yr game down - has it always been this way or is it something thats started happening in the last month - 6weeks????

Thanks - Hugz Fi

Re:Majong Towers Eternity problems

[Post New]by jarta62 on Jul 30, 09 7:48 AM
No, this problem started somewhere about 2 months ago. I thought it was just a glitch the first time, but it was every time after thet, and it rally bugs me because it's one of my favorites. I'm wondering if it might have anything to do with IE8, because it was after I got that that the problem started.
My game isn't shutting down. It's just interferring with my updates.

Edited on 07/30/2009 at 9:07:08 AM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
328 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Jul 30, 09 2:35 PM
jarta62 wrote:No, this problem started somewhere about 2 months ago. I thought it was just a glitch the first time, but it was every time after thet, and it rally bugs me because it's one of my favorites. I'm wondering if it might have anything to do with IE8, because it was after I got that that the problem started.
My game isn't shutting down. It's just interferring with my updates.

Yes very possibly IE8 - uninstalled from my puter within 24hrs of installing it - my puter starded doing some bizarre things after it had installed - really do think IE8 needs a bit more work done to it

You could uninstall it to see if it makes a difference or manually update yr puters Anti -V yrself when you not in the game or just make sure yr game is closed when its due to update

If you do uninstall IE8 you can stop it from coming down automatically by changing yr settings so you can view windows updates when they are ready for your puter & choose wether to install it or not - i ticked the dont show me this update again box - this hides the update but it is still available in the update site in the hidden updates if you want to install it at a later time

[Post New]by af081550 on Jul 30, 09 6:21 PM
All of my points have changed to 500 or 2500. Is there a way to correct the problem?

[Post New]by phyrblue on Aug 3, 09 10:24 AM
I love this game but..... Points have gone to 500 and need to know if there is a fix!

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
328 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Aug 4, 09 5:43 AM
af081550 wrote:All of my points have changed to 500 or 2500. Is there a way to correct the problem?

Yes - delete the pointsmap when it is showing 2 bytes (hold yr mouse over the pointsmap file to see how many bytes it has) if it is more than 2bytes - this means the server hasnt logged yr points so do not delete it if it is higher than 2bytes - the game will create the default pointsmap that was in the game at time of purchase - the pointsmap is inside yr player folder - this may require doing often - so make very sure you have backed up your player folder when the points are good

View thread - "Back up your player often & BEFORE uninstalling"

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
328 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Aug 4, 09 5:58 AM
phyrblue wrote:I love this game but..... Points have gone to 500 and need to know if there is a fix!

View post above

Go to: