antique1944
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Yet one more way

[Post New]by antique1944 on Jul 31, 15 3:19 PM
On my android and kindle BBB gave me 50 diamonds for being patient. Once again we fishies lose out!

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Re:Yet one more way

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 31, 15 6:45 PM
Yep got that too on my android, also the rare tweedle is marked down to 25 diam. from 75 for 4 day's and some hours....

wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Aug 2, 15 4:49 PM
Who really owns this game, i.e. who holds the copyright?? Pc'er were down two full days and we didn't even get a "buy your leave". I really want to know because if this game is actually controlled by BBB and they don't have any consideration for pc'ers then I will make a point of not purchasing any games developed by them in the future for any of my venues, WWII, Playstation, tablet, cellphone, etc. The boycott will extends to all PC games developed by them even if the game is offered by a second party like BFG.

BunsenH
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by BunsenH on Aug 4, 15 10:09 AM
I believe that the fault lies with Big Fish, not BBB.

A few months ago, I asked one of the BBB support people how the process works. He told me that BBB are indeed the ones who build/compile the code and generate the game apps. But they do it to BFG's orders: it's BFG who specify which features are to be included.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 08/04/2015 at 11:30:35 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 4, 15 11:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've dropped by to clear up some confusion. Regarding the ownership of the game, My Singing Monsters is developed by BBB and the PC version of the game is distributed by Big Fish Games.

BunsenH - Thank you for asking BBB to clarify. However, it looks like that answer was misinterpreted. BBB solely develops the game, and they do not do any of it under BFG's orders. To clarify, BBB makes new builds/modifications as they see fit. Whatever they pass to Big Fish Games is at their discretion. Big Fish Games then looks at this and determines what is and isn't compatible with the PC version that we offer. The BBB answer confirms this - stating that there are certain features that just can't be added to the PC version.

As a note, outside links are removed from any posts in these Forums, in accordance with the Forum Rules:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

If you'd like to check out the response from BBB that BunsenH mentions, you can find it on the My Singing Monsters wiki.

I hope this clears up any confusion, but don't hesitate to contact any of the Mods if we can help with anything else.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 08/04/2015 at 11:45:22 AM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Aug 4, 15 3:37 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:
BunsenH - Thank you for asking BBB to clarify. However, it looks like that answer was misinterpreted. BBB solely develops the game, and they do not do any of it under BFG's orders. To clarify, BBB makes new builds/modifications as they see fit. Whatever they pass to Big Fish Games is at their discretion. Big Fish Games then looks at this and determines what is and isn't compatible with the PC version that we offer. The BBB answer confirms this - stating that there are certain features that just can't be added to the PC version.
bfgWaimea

Thank you for clarifying that further for us, but can you tell us why we haven't gotten Hoola or the summer decorations that we had last year for the PC? It isn't new content so there's no reason why we shouldn't have gotten these things when we had all the other seasonal monsters/decor already for a second year. Please tell us something.

wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Aug 4, 15 4:04 PM
I am with you Fishy Female. The nice additions we had for various holidays, along with the holiday critters were nice. Secondly, new islands, I would guess would be beneficial for BFG because it would continue the interest in the game, as well as generate revenue. We haven't had a new Island in at least almost two years.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 4, 15 7:26 PM
bfgWaimea
Why don't we have hoola this year, when we did last year? Please find the answer to that....nice to know you guys still look in here once in a while....

BunsenH
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by BunsenH on Aug 4, 15 9:07 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi Everyone,

I've dropped by to clear up some confusion. Regarding the ownership of the game, My Singing Monsters is developed by BBB and the PC version of the game is distributed by Big Fish Games.

As a note, outside links are removed from any posts in these Forums, in accordance with the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a>:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

If you'd like to check out the response from BBB that BunsenH mentions, you can find it on the My Singing Monsters wiki.

I hope this clears up any confusion, but don't hesitate to contact any of the Mods if we can help with anything else.

bfgWaimea

I did not misinterpret the response. It was quite clear.

"We actually do all of the development for the game ourselves and then send them a completed version of the game to host and distribute. The problem you're running into is that Big Fish handles all of the technical support for the platform and is responsible for determining what content they want to release or have us include in their version of the game. That said there are other limiting factors, some things we just can't add.

"So, basically the best way to get new content in the game is to contact Big Fish. BBB doesn't have the ability to decide what can, can't, or simply isn't added into the Big Fish version of the game."

Clear enough?

Edited on 08/04/2015 at 9:14:24 PM PST

wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Aug 5, 15 3:34 AM
I haven't done any programming for several years now so l am not sure what platforms are being used. I will know however after August 20th since I will be returning to the University here for computer graphics/music integration. With so many new innovations in programming I can't help wondering if BFG has to have people who can modify software to run on PC's because the graphics platform(s) for Android is different enough to make it incompatible in some respects for the PC. Some of the old timers out there may be able to speak to this issue. Is there a Mac version of this game?????

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 8, 15 4:14 PM
Hi wrinkles89,

In relation to your post, features can only be added to the PC version that BFG offers if it's provided by the developer. We don't own the rights to modify any features that are so far only available on other platforms. Any updates to the PC version have to be provided by the developer. It's understandable that many PC players would like to have access to features that are available elsewhere, but at this time either the necessary updates have not been provided or those features are not compatible with the PC version.

bfgWaimea

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Aug 8, 15 7:52 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi wrinkles89,

In relation to your post, features can only be added to the PC version that BFG offers if it's provided by the developer. We don't own the rights to modify any features that are so far only available on other platforms. Any updates to the PC version have to be provided by the developer. It's understandable that many PC players would like to have access to features that are available elsewhere, but at this time either the necessary updates have not been provided or those features are not compatible with the PC version.

bfgWaimea

So to quote your post, BFG can only offer what it's provided by the developer...well hoola WAS provided to us by the developer...please we would like an answer to that specific question. Please

Edited on 08/10/2015 at 8:11:54 AM PST

[Post New]by pumpkin3591 on Aug 9, 15 6:39 PM
I'm assuming that Big Fish has to pay BBB for the use of MSM. I'm wondering if Big Fish and BBB are not able to agree on the financial aspects and that's why PC players are left out in the cold.

Go to: