Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Maze: Subject 360 Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 1, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/01/2015 at 4:45:15 AM PST

NOOCH555
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Maze: Subject 360 Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by NOOCH555 on Aug 1, 15 3:19 AM
an error occured while initialising the game please update your graphics driver and try again updated to windows 10 a couple of days ago says my drivers are up to date

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 1, 15 4:14 AM
NOOCH555 wrote:an error occured while initialising the game please update your graphics driver and try again updated to windows 10 a couple of days ago says my drivers are up to date
A friend of mine had the same pop-up message, he clicked OK waited a few seconds and the game opened.

NOOCH555
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by NOOCH555 on Aug 1, 15 4:27 AM
Tried that still the same

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 1, 15 4:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

magsbaby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magsbaby on Aug 1, 15 11:27 AM
Have been in the room with the blades, then completed all the other tasks, now back in the corridor with the vending machine, i'm supposed to use the gun in the room on the left with the blades, but now I cant get back in that room, the hint tells me I've nothing else to do in either corridor or Christmas room, can't go back into right corridor either as it's saying it's a dead end, i've tried everything, can anyone help? Maybe it's a glitch, not sure!

Mags

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Aug 1, 15 1:18 PM
I can't get the game to download

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 1, 15 4:02 PM
game installed fine. enjoying - but the gameplay is really "choppy". not a smooth move from scene to scene.. and, almost like a delay when clicking on things. not sure I want to play the whole game this way

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 1, 15 4:29 PM
Picked up map in town. Went to move to hotel exterior and screen went blank and froze.

WIN 10 / 64 bit /PC

Edited on 08/01/2015 at 4:29:39 PM PST

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on Aug 1, 15 7:36 PM
I changed over to windows 10, and I downloaded a Mad head game called beyond light, it has the error message cannot initialize update drivers, I was curious so I downloaded the 4 other mad head games Candenza, Right of passage that I own and they all say the same thing. I also downloaded several new games, not from Mad Head, and they work fine.

I have sent an email to the Mad Head with this issue and my DxDiag file showing my system, the person who responded to my email said she escalated to their tech team to find out why this is happening. So far this is happening with all Mad Head games that I own. I have redownload them several times, and still getting the message.

update: I sent an email to the Mad Head representative, who has been working on this issue, and advised them that others are starting to have this issue. These devs are great in responding to me and my situation. And directed them to the BF tech forum. Hopefully this issue will be resolved, By the way, this issue was escalated by Mad Head on July 29th.

Greg

Edited on 08/01/2015 at 8:06:13 PM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 2, 15 12:14 PM
Having problems with the journal popping out with practically every move...even on harder game difficulty levels.

Started a thread and, after much discussion and testing, I'm thinking this is a glitch. Actually, I'm HOPING it is because then, there could be a fix.

Want to play this game, but NOT with this issue. Quite the mood killer, having to constantly close it. Help!

Playing on a PC, Windows 7, Home Professional, 64 bit.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 2, 15 12:57 PM
Playing on an iMac running OS 10.10.4 Yosemite. I had 2 glitches in Chapter 1. One allowed me to keep playing. The other would not allow me to complete a task. I knew it was all I had left to accomplish to go on.

After much trial and error, I trashed the game and all related files, reinstalled it with the GM, and played it from the root level of the Applications folder.

Probably many of you download directly to the App folder, but I have a dedicated sub folder for those downloads. In the old days, the Apple OS allowed users to organize things in a much friendlier way. Looks like that doesn't work out so well anymore.

So, for anyone out there who still does it the old fashioned way -- DL and purchase the game, quit the GM, move the game to the root level of Applications folder, double click the game icon to play.

Great, super, fun, intriguing, a bit challenging game!!

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Aug 2, 15 1:48 PM
Yet another game with the error message that I can't play. Getting to be more and more frequent. What gives? Seems it's happening to more and more customers.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Aug 2, 15 1:50 PM
Oh, I can't play Beyond Light or Wolf mysteries either. I think that makes about six games in the months of June and July.

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Aug 2, 15 2:03 PM
I got all the way to the end of the game with no issues, but now the shaman's dreamcatcher won't work on the last sleeping townsperson - the elderly man with a white beard and glasses. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit on a PC with 6 GB RAM.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 2, 15 7:15 PM
I played the demo, liked it, and bought it. It's been stuck at 100% installation for half an hour. No error message, just STUCK.

PLEASE FIX THIS!! I submitted an email and I wonder if I'll even get a response.

I wanted to play this game tonight. I feel sick.

Playing on a PC, Windows 7, that's all I know as it's been a long time since I've had any problems with games.

Edit: I closed the GM and reopened it. Now it's stuck at 0% installation with no error message.

Edit: This game installed at least three times and finally activated when I shut down every other window. I have no idea what's going on but it seems to be working now.

Edited on 08/02/2015 at 11:13:49 PM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Aug 3, 15 8:01 AM
The backscratcher will NOT go into the cupboard in the Bonus Chapter. Rest of the game played fine and now I am stuck! Please BFG release games post fixing bugs.
Mac with Yosemite.

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on Aug 3, 15 1:23 PM
CANNOT DEFEAT THE DEMON WITH DREAM CATCHER AT THE END OF THE GAME.
I have tried, over and over, using the Strategy Guide, to defeat the demon in the tunnel by catching his balls of fire with my dream catcher. I cannot do it! Is this a glitch?

I cant finish the game, so now I can't play the bonus game. I am so frustrated! Why isn't there a skip option for the "boss" fights? I do not like these "boss" fights!

I was having so much fun with this game until I got to the very end. Please tell me if there is a bug in my game.

Am I the only person who is stopped in their tracks, at this point?

[Post New]by TikisDream on Aug 3, 15 4:06 PM
Curious about what Mad Head Games has to say about this - I can't play any of their games either, same issue with the trouble initializing and needing to update my graphics driver. Drivers are updated, other games seem to be okay. Rather bummed since I just got two of their collector's editions.

Win 7 32 bit, ATI Radeon 2100

[Post New]by hstone on Aug 3, 15 5:07 PM
I am using Microsoft WINDOWS 8 - cannot move the mechanical doll into place in order to attach the limbs etc and then move forward...

Edited on 08/03/2015 at 5:09:20 PM PST

Go to: