bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 30, 09 1:22 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon. We're sure you have comments you would like to share with the community. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation!

Comments:
Through detailed 3D graphics and challenging puzzles, Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon takes the player on an engaging journey that brings back memories of fedoras and lost arcs. With a sassy main character that has a very dry sense of humor, you gain a new perspective on how far an archeologist will go to solve a riddle. His sense of humor can lead to the occasional reference that is of an adult nature, which makes this game best suited for a mature audience. To top off the lifted spirits just from general game play, you also are able to play diverse mini games that are far from ordinary. You’re given a wonderful escape through an all encompassing game that anyone can enjoy. Give your brain and reflexes a thorough test with this Adventure game that will leave you not only feeling accomplished, but feeling lighter from many chuckles as well!

Genre:
Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon is an Adventure game that is also a Large File.

Game Modes:
This game is only available in untimed, story mode and must also be played in full screen.

Depth:
This game will offer any player many hours, or even days, of entertainment with multiple mini games and four main locations to explore throughout the adventure.

Similar to:
Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon is most similar to Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World, and can also be compared to Riddle of the Sphinx and Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy.

Difficulty level:
This game would be best for an experienced gamer since hints are not offered and it requires a fair amount of standard gaming knowledge that is usually gained from previous experience with Adventure games.

Reviewed by L.D.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Re:Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon comments and reviews

[Post New]by woodentot on Jul 30, 09 11:37 AM
This one is a lot easier on my fingers so far, even jumping the barrels, was a lot easier, no fast clicking of the mouse. It seems strange not to have any sound, only music. I like it because the 1st Diamon Jones the characters, had such strange accents, they made me laugh to much and I had to turn of the sound. The graphics are beautiful. You do get a little bit of help, the book with things you have to do, pops up, so you cannot go any further until you have achieved those goals. So far I am happy with the game.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Aug 1, 09 1:55 PM
Well I finished the game. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it (missed voices though)! An abundance of humour, some well thought out puzzles (some a bit too easy), and overall good game play...........although the end was a bit....er.....sudden??!! I hope there's going to be another!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 1, 09 7:11 PM
I can't seem to beat the monster with the dragon's eye, any suggestions out there????

cmmerritt
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cmmerritt on Aug 3, 09 9:48 PM
Poggypoo--- how did you beat the monster after getting the lightening ball? I get whipped fast everytime even though I have tried various combinations of the left and right mouse buttons in the fight.
thanks.
cmmerritt

[Post New]by harliquin on Aug 10, 09 6:08 PM
At the start I hit it a few times and after that kept the sheild up mostly and hit it in between, worked for me.

teacup1951
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by teacup1951 on Aug 12, 09 9:41 AM
I bought this this game and will never again download a large file game that I cannot get a free trial on! Do not care for this game at all! Sorry I know that there are people who enjoy this kind of game but unfortunately I'm not one of them!

Edited on 08/12/2009 at 9:42:08 AM PST

[Post New]by muvver12 on Aug 17, 09 9:26 AM
i have enjoyed the game so far if my other six stones would come back as quick as they vanished and the ladder would go away i would be a lot happier, these games help keep my mind active but all i really want is to get the vanishing stones back apart from that quite enjoyable

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 20, 09 4:51 PM
I was surprisingly disappointed in this game as compared to the last one. I found the mini games boring and repetitive and the overall game way too short.

Debbzi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Debbzi on Aug 22, 09 4:41 AM
The game is fine. But are they using a Babelfish translator? The language is bizarre.

philtrill
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by philtrill on Aug 23, 09 5:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Aug 27, 09 5:27 PM
Well so far I'm only half way through it, and have only need the walk throu a couple of times, I am really enjoying it, I think in regards to the mini games it is easier then the first Diamon Jones, but the game is still just as difficult as other Adventure Games.

[Post New]by TRUDYRICE on Sep 16, 09 12:34 PM
I'M HAVING A PROBLEM SAVING THE GAME. EVERYTIME I WANT TO TAKE A BREAK I TRY TO SAVE IT, BUT IT WON'T LET ME SO I END UP STARTING OVER EVERY TIME. I NEED HELP BECAUSE I'M GETTING NOWHERE. IF I CAN'T SAVE IT I NEED TO GET A REFUND. SOMEONE PLS. HELP.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 28, 09 2:33 PM
TRUDYRICE wrote:I'M HAVING A PROBLEM SAVING THE GAME. EVERYTIME I WANT TO TAKE A BREAK I TRY TO SAVE IT, BUT IT WON'T LET ME SO I END UP STARTING OVER EVERY TIME. I NEED HELP BECAUSE I'M GETTING NOWHERE. IF I CAN'T SAVE IT I NEED TO GET A REFUND. SOMEONE PLS. HELP.

After you go back to the main menu and click on "Save Game" make sure you click on one of the little windows (boxes) at the bottom of the screen (you should see it fill in with a screenshot representing where you are in the game) and then click on the SAVE button. Then click Back to continue or exit. If you just go to "Save Game" and click on Save without clicking on the window first then your game will not be saved.

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Sep 28, 09 3:01 PM
Hi Gamers,

Just a reminder, this thread is only for comments and reviews of the game. If you need any help, please start a new discussion in this forum with your question. I'm sure you'll get the help you're looking for from either a new discussion or even from looking through older posts.

Thank you!

bfgEuphrates

[Post New]by whytewalker on Feb 15, 10 11:31 AM
Hi,
First time posting on a forum, but I really felt the need to do so. This game is terrible. The only saving grace is the humor. I love adventure games but this one is altogether too short and the grammar...oh the grammar. Bad, Bad , Bad. I am a huge fan of BFG and have been a customer for many years and have bought many large file games, but this one is NOT worth the price. Pixel hunting over 3-4 screens is not my idea of fun. I like adventure games that carry you with the story and present puzzles that make sense. This game seems like an upgraded hidden object game with a little adventure thrown in. Save your money for Nancy Drew.

bugsnuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bugsnuts on Nov 25, 10 5:36 PM
What a great game Some parts are quite funny and the mini games are lots of fun, some a bit too easy but still enjoyable. I think this would be a good game for first timers of the LFG's, over all, not toooo easy and certainly not tooo hard. I didn't miss the voices as i have my volume down anyway, but if you are used to sound i guess that might change your perspective. I hope there will be another of the Diamon Jones games. Enjoy everyone. Thanks BF

bcorsica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bcorsica on Apr 6, 11 5:23 AM
I am still playing it...I have to say that I had a few good laugh ! Like when he tried to sit with the pipe guy and all the "insults" between them...it is different that the others games I played...and I am close to have played them all! At least, without being a hard game, it does make you thin and you don't need to check the walk through too often.
Still, for me, the best game ever was The Awakening, Sherlock Holmes, challenging...but really great !

Go to: