error

error

[Post New]by puddleduck4946 on Jul 30, 09 7:47 AM
has anyone else gotten an error after downloading this game, then trying to bring it up to play??? so aggravating after spending so much time to get it downloaded.
now i suppose i have to uninstall and then wait again while it downloads.
aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:error

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jul 30, 09 7:51 AM
I have found with LFG that I need to turn off the firewall during the installation of the game. Also, some games, for me, need to have the antivirus turned off as well during play so I just unplug the internet since I don't need it.

Hope that helps.

Edited on 07/30/2009 at 7:52:28 AM PST

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Jul 30, 09 8:09 AM
I have had the same problem, during down load Direct X had to be upgraded so I have uninstalled and now waiting for it to down load again.

I hope after all this and paying for it I can play it, don't have much luck with some of the ones with big files I can't trial first.

Rhodap

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Jul 30, 09 8:58 AM
There is a Directx installer in the game files that should pop up when the game installs. It is required to run the game. If you didn't install Directx when you put the game on the computer, you can get it going by running the installer (without redownloading the game). It's in the game's program files in a folder titled "DirectX". The file you want to run in that directory is titled "DXSETUP.exe." Another way to get directx installed is to google:

directx web installer

and follow the microsoft result (should be the first). Good luck, and have fun gaming.

Edited on 07/30/2009 at 9:07:01 AM PST

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Jul 30, 09 11:02 AM
I have installed the game and the Direct X twice now and it is the same violation error keeps coming up.

Rhodap

Edited on 07/30/2009 at 3:07:45 PM PST

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Jul 30, 09 3:07 PM
I have now installed with firewall switched off it still didn't work.

Rhodap

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Jul 30, 09 3:48 PM
That's unfortunate RHODAP50, another trouble-shooting measure that might work is updating your window's software and video/monitor drivers. If you haven't ran a Windows Update recently, try doing that. It's done by clicking on the Start Button, and selecting All Programs, then Windows Update. If Windows is all up to date, make sure you have the most recent video drivers for your machine by going to the manufacturer's website and finding their support section. If all that doesn't work, contact customer support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of these posts. Good luck.

shellclan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shellclan on Jul 30, 09 5:09 PM
I have the same problems as you all do: downloaded the program 3 times with all the upgrades my laptop needs ( turns out I didn't need anything, everything is current, even the Direct, )and it still shows me "error". I had no problems with "Return to Mysterious Island Mina's fate", so I am wondering why I am having difficulties with this one. Frustrating......

[Post New]by las258 on Jul 30, 09 9:42 PM
I have just tried 2x, one with direct x and one time without direct x and it comes up error on both. I am sooo upset because the video looks so good!!!! I will try one more time tomorrow and try unplugging the internet. Good luck to all!

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Jul 31, 09 1:52 AM
Yes I have another problem, I have lost part of the screen, on one side I changed the resolution but no good. so a black area on the l/h side.

Cheers
lineck

gramboo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gramboo on Aug 1, 09 2:21 PM
i have the same trouble with both games i have tried everything

[Post New]by Nitemare on Aug 1, 09 6:51 PM
OK, so I did everything everyone suggested. I even went to live chat with my antivirus people, they uninstalled my program then I downloaded the game, without an antivirus, same error. This is the only game I had this problem with. How do I contact BigFish to request a refund???? Live chat is only on M-F till 4:30.

carmpel
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by carmpel on Aug 1, 09 7:01 PM
If you are having problems downloading Go to Mozilla Firefox that's what Big fish had told me when I had problems before

Hope it helps

[Post New]by susie_yy on Aug 2, 09 9:08 AM
I also can't play it after download and re-install. Still got the same error message.

[Post New]by greatsmitty on Aug 3, 09 2:47 AM
i am getting the same error message. i dl twice on windows and once on firefox. i let direct install itself turn of the virus protecttion and still had the same error. the game did stsrt 1 time but nothing after that. can i get some help.

[Post New]by lainey111047 on Aug 5, 09 2:07 PM
I am having the same problems with this game. It downloads great took a long time then it says to install directX. which it does... the it says activated... when you click play this error message comes up..... error: access violation at 0X00464438 (tried to read from 0X00000000), program terminated.

I downloaded again and has done it again....

what do I do now.... Paid for this game would like to use it... also went into my run and typed dxdiag and did the checking on my pc all is fine.

[Post New]by jstkdn on Aug 6, 09 12:37 PM
same error after 4 installs, who do I contact for a refund

[Post New]by tecaarantes2009 on Aug 6, 09 8:07 PM
I´ve had the same problems as all of you - I guess the game has some incompatibility with some computers - I don´t want a refund - I want to play this game! Does GameFish even worries about it´s costumers problems? Did any of you get an answer or a solution from them????

[Post New]by remcorrea on Aug 7, 09 6:46 PM
I installed the game and when I tried to play i received the following message :
Error ? access violation at 0x00464438 (tried to read from 0x0000000000) program terminated, What should I do to have this error correct ?

[Post New]by penqolg on Aug 9, 09 8:10 AM
Lots of us have the error problem--any one find a fix or get a credit ?

Go to: