The desert area

[Post New]by yellotxrosa on Aug 1, 15 7:30 PM
I have been jammed for two days!! There is nowhere to go and lots to do but can not get anywhere. Is there something I have missed??

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:The desert area

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 1, 15 9:45 PM
What are you stuck on? Or, maybe a better question is what have you done in this area? It's hard to know where you need help.

I just started this area, but there are two things that I missed for a while. The first is that you can go to the wrecked ship in the first screen.

The second is something of a spoiler, so highlight with your mouse to see it. If you are stuck trying to get across the sand in any direction in the second screen, then Once you have a way to saw off some tree roots, they can help you cross the quicksand.

If those don't help, then post what part you're stuck on. And don't be afraid to try everything you find on everything you need to interact with. Some of the solutions in this world are a little out there.

Edited on 08/01/2015 at 9:47:04 PM PST

[Post New]by 1dolly2 on Aug 4, 15 4:43 PM
I have a hammer, sharp stick, and apple and the dagger. How do I make a bridge to get inside the pyramid? charge the dagger?

I keep getting the message "There's nothing to do here" every time I click the hint button.

I did receive a message on the side of the screen in Allison's room:
Charge the dagger
Ring Bell
Get into the pyramid
Find the amulet of Ashton's Sanctuary.

Now what?

Edited on 08/04/2015 at 4:59:30 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 4, 15 9:25 PM
Did you repair the star map, find the lens, and look through the telescope in the observatory? Did you open the bag in the oasis tent (it's missing a round disc)? You need to do all of those things to ring the bell. Once you ring the bell, you'll probably be on your way. Oh, and don't forget to rub the genie's lamp in the oasis...

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Aug 9, 15 12:34 PM
Like1doll2 I have all the same stuff & keep getting the same message . where do I find the lens & the round thing for the bag ?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 10, 15 5:35 PM
Did you find the Aladdin's lamp in the oasis scene? (Be sure to rub the lamp several times, if you didn't.) You'll find one of those objects next to it. Once you use it, you'll get the other.

BTW, when you use the lens, you need to make sure you place the star chart first. Then click on the telescope to get a message about a missing lens. After that click the lens on the telescope. You may have to close out of the telescope scene, then zoom back in again to get it to accept the lens. That scene was a little glitchy for me, but it did work after a couple of tries.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Aug 25, 15 3:47 PM
I've got the same four items and I have done the Aladdin's lamp rubbing. Nothing is working. Where do you get the round object for the purse in the tent? This is really frustrating to be this close to the end. I have gone back to every scene and the hint button says there is nothing to be done.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 25, 15 4:24 PM
**CONTAINS SPOILERS** Read at your own risk!

You have to use the telescope to get the round object. So, what you need to do is complete the star chart and find the lens. (I already said to look near Aladdin's lamp for that. It's just sitting there in that scene. All you have to do is pick it up.) Then put the star chart on the telescope table and put the lens on. For some reason you can't place the chart and then place the lens right away. You have to place the chart, then click on the telescope to get a message saying a lens is missing. Then back out of the scene and go to some other area, like the oasis. Return to the observatory and place the lens on the telescope and you'll finally get your round disc.

If you don't have all the star chart pieces, they are here:
1) In the skull's mouth in the first scene
2) In the pile of junk on the right side of the second screen (if you started the fire, you already have this one.)
3) In the tent on the floor

BTW, rubbing the lamp gets you a tile to use in a puzzle. The tile is white or beige and has what looks like red pyramids and the sun on it. You have to rub three or four times to get the tile.

Edited on 08/25/2015 at 4:28:43 PM PST

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Aug 28, 15 9:16 AM
Spoiler

Decided to play this game again. First time was fine but second time ran into same problem with the lens. Not saying it's a glitch but might be.

If I remember right the lens is found to the right of the camels in the zoom in. It looks like a camera lens. I had picked it up first last time and not this time. The zoom in closed and will not let me back in to collect the lens. Since can not get back in can not finish game. MO is start game over and when getting here make sure you pick up the camera lens first. Hope this helps.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 28, 15 3:54 PM
patchesandme wrote:Spoiler

Decided to play this game again. First time was fine but second time ran into same problem with the lens. Not saying it's a glitch but might be.

If I remember right the lens is found to the right of the camels in the zoom in. It looks like a camera lens. I had picked it up first last time and not this time. The zoom in closed and will not let me back in to collect the lens. Since can not get back in can not finish game. MO is start game over and when getting here make sure you pick up the camera lens first. Hope this helps.

Hmm. I know placing the lens is a little glitchy, but I didn't have a problem getting the lens from that close-up. I did all the other stuff in the scene (rubbed the lamp, opened the box, and took the contents), but didn't notice the lens the first time in. When I discovered I needed a lens and went looking for it, I was able to go in and get it. The scene locked me out right after I picked it up.

I was going to suggest that you may have picked it up and it scrolled off the screen in your inventory, but the inventory items are fairly lean in the desert area. I doubt you are carrying enough items to have anything scroll out of view.

If there is a glitch, though, it might explain why so many people seem to get stuck here.

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,164 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Aug 29, 15 9:10 AM
burf90 wrote:
patchesandme wrote:Spoiler

Hmm. I know placing the lens is a little glitchy, but I didn't have a problem getting the lens from that close-up. I did all the other stuff in the scene (rubbed the lamp, opened the box, and took the contents), but didn't notice the lens the first time in. When I discovered I needed a lens and went looking for it, I was able to go in and get it. The scene locked me out right after I picked it up.
Like I said in my post the first time I played the game I had no problems. I was playing it again on the 28th and did though. The zoom in closed before I could pick up the lens and would not let me back in. I'm glad you didn't have any problems but I posted my post for those who did.

I was going to suggest that you may have picked it up and it scrolled off the screen in your inventory, but the inventory items are fairly lean in the desert area. I doubt you are carrying enough items to have anything scroll out of view.
Wow, are you kidding me! You're implying I am too stupid to check my entire inventory for an item.

If there is a glitch, though, it might explain why so many people seem to get stuck here.

What is your problem with me? All I did was make a post to try and help. The reason I mentioned the zoom zone by the camels is if others couldn't get it like it happened to me the second time and couldn't get back in they would know exactly where it was. Also they may not have noticed the lens there or with running all around and back and forth may not have remembered where the lamp was. I have had many CRS moments like that. I happened to like this game and my suggestion of starting over and picking up the lens first was in hope it would work for them and they also could finish the game.

My finale words are if you do have a problem with me posting trying to help now and then let me know. My PMing is open to all. If not then knock it off because this is not the first time.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 29, 15 11:29 AM
patchesandme wrote:What is your problem with me? All I did was make a post to try and help. The reason I mentioned the zoom zone by the camels is if others couldn't get it like it happened to me the second time and couldn't get back in they would know exactly where it was. Also they may not have noticed the lens there or with running all around and back and forth may not have remembered where the lamp was. I have had many CRS moments like that. I happened to like this game and my suggestion of starting over and picking up the lens first was in hope it would work for them and they also could finish the game.

My finale words are if you do have a problem with me posting trying to help now and then let me know. My PMing is open to all. If not then knock it off because this is not the first time.

I have no problem with you and am sorry if you took offense at my post. I meant it conversationally, not critically. If you read carefully what I said about scrolling inventory, I clearly stated that it was obviously not the case here. On these forums I have encountered many people - even very experienced players - that don't know that inventory sometimes scrolls off the screen. So, I brought that up for anyone who may be reading the thread and that actually is the problem they are having.

I also stated that what you encountered might explain why so many people seem to be stuck here. I had no problem, but obviously you did, so maybe there is a glitch.

So, I was actually agreeing with you, but if you choose to take offense at that, then I guess that's your choice.

As a side note, I'm curious to know what forum I am supposed to have dissed you on somehow in the past. I never do that intentionally, so I wanted to know what comment had upset you prior to my post here. I looked through all my posts (1698, as of this point) and didn't see any interaction with you ever before.

Edited on 08/30/2015 at 6:21:01 PM PST

aliah1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by aliah1 on Oct 23, 15 11:27 AM
Help is needed, lol ok here is my problem, there is no interactive genie lamp, there is one in the oases but is not interactive. Where should I look for the lamp?

Go to: