Not Working at all on Vista

[Post New]by mammakins on Sep 1, 08 3:28 PM
I can't even get this game to play at all. I am bummed. Any ideas?

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Re:Not Working at all on Vista

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Sep 2, 08 11:14 AM
Hi mammakins! I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting Sunshine Acres to run on your Vista machine. I have put together a few links to Vista related help topics on our site that might help you. Take a look at:

Vista Compatibility

Problems Downloading (Windows Vista)

Problems Downloading & Activating Games

Updating My PC

Hopefully one of these can help you, if not, I would suggest contacting our Customer Support staff. They are very friendly, and I'm sure they can help you out. Good luck!

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by magickalmoon on Sep 3, 08 6:11 PM
All,

The steps recommended didn't fix my issues with this game - but thought I'd pass it forward in the hopes that it helps anyone else having problems.

TROUBLE PLAYING DOWNLOADABLE GAME:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=515

It might be a good idea to also uninstall and reinstalling your game after following the directions above as there may have been a improper installation of the game. For more information on how to do this, please visit the link below:

UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING YOUR GAME:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492

I updated my Direct X via the link in the support page (1st URL) and my video card driver was already up to date... Reinstalled the game, but it still doesn't like me. I've sent more information to BFG - if I have any other news - I'll post for all.

Take care!

[Post New]by kahluachip17 on Sep 3, 08 8:06 PM
I have Window Vista but haven't had any problems with this game. I used to have problems with games when I first got my computer, I called a tech guy and they told me I needed an Bios update, did that and haven't had an issue since (knock on wood). Don't know if that info helps but I thought I'd throw it out there.

sandy99265
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sandy99265 on Sep 4, 08 6:52 AM
I am a long-time gamer on BigFish and I absolutely LOVE it. I won't go anywhere else! That being said, sometimes the tech support can help with problems, sometimes not. BUT when the can't solve the problem, they always give a coupon for a free game (even when I am the one who did something dumb).

Anyway, on to the subject. I got a laptop this summer running Vista. When I downloaded Farm Frenzy, I had the same problem. I resolved it (w/out involving tech support this time) by checking my anti-virus program. I use F-Secure because it is free through Embarq's ISP system. I had to take several minutes to find where you can set the "Application Control" and set all lines referring to "Farm Frenzy" to "Allow." This apparently allows the program to run ActiveX controls when it otherwise might not. It took me some trial and error to figure this out, but hopefully this will be part of your problem and it will be solved quickly. I know how frustrating it is to get a game and then not be able to play the game. Good luck!

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Sep 5, 08 6:41 PM
Sorry you guys are having problems with it. So far, knock on wood, I've had no probs running it on Vista. Have you tried uninstalling, deleting, re-downloading & reinstalling? Sometimes, I would do that while running XP and it worked like a charm.

[Post New]by Deborah45365 on Dec 6, 08 9:56 AM
I have Window Vista but haven't had any problems with this game, so I don't think it's just Vista. Might try upgrading drivers, etc., if you haven't already.

ROICOM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ROICOM on Feb 13, 09 1:40 PM
Hi guys,

If your game has issues with an operating system (ie VISTA) it won't differ from one computer to the next. If it is having problems with VISTA it will have the exact same problems on every computer using VISTA.

I haven't had problems with Sunshine Acres that relates to Vista, but have had some other problems.

My latest problem with it was that basically it disappeared off my game console and now won't reload.

The problem is to do with an installation file in the game is being now read by the virus and windows protection software as a potential harmful 'robot' file.

Still getting to the bottom of it, but it isn't a Vista problem.

[Post New]by arckangel6983 on May 6, 09 2:55 PM
Here's something for you.... I have been playing the game Farm Frenzy and it takes me to a point and says "Please restart the game" kicks me right out. has anyone else noticed this?

[Post New]by Mattie1990 on Dec 25, 09 9:00 PM
bfgAegean wrote:Hi mammakins! I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting Sunshine Acres to run on your Vista machine. I have put together a few links to Vista related help topics on our site that might help you. Take a look at:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=360&p_created=1170358985&p_sid=WtbE1Tcj&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTUsMTUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXZpc3Rh&p_li=&p_topview=1" target="_blank">Vista Compatibility</a>

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=516&p_created=1186080756&p_sid=WtbE1Tcj&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTUsMTUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXZpc3Rh&p_li=&p_topview=1" target="_blank">Problems Downloading (Windows Vista)</a>

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=536&p_created=1187801075&p_sid=WtbE1Tcj&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTUsMTUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXZpc3Rh&p_li=&p_topview=1" target="_blank">Problems Downloading & Activating Games</a>

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=756&p_created=1202332465&p_sid=WtbE1Tcj&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTUsMTUmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXZpc3Rh&p_li=&p_topview=1" target="_blank">Updating My PC</a>

Hopefully one of these can help you, if not, I would suggest contacting our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=WtbE1Tcj" target="_blank">Customer Support</a> staff. They are very friendly, and I'm sure they can help you out. Good luck!

Happy gaming!

After further experimentation, I have noticed most games work fine on Vista, it's only when I have to install the games with the BigFishGames Client that 100% crash on my Vista machine.

Try getting your game from another source. I think the games are Vista compatible, the client isn't and isn't installing the games well on Vista.

[Post New]by Bigcatof3 on Feb 4, 11 5:55 PM
I downloaded and have been trying to play Jewel Match 2. I play for about 20 minutes and it freezes up on me and I get a black screen. Nothing happens.... I can't even get on Task Master. Please help me. I paid for this game and would like to play the whole thing.

Go to: