A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/03/2015 at 6:43:19 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Invasion: Lost in Time here

[Post New]by mamajay on Aug 3, 15 1:58 AM
This game is by Itera Labs. I can't remember if they have released any other games or not. But this one, imho, is not bad at all.

The music is not obtrusive (you can change the volume before playing), the graphics are nice and sharp for my tired eyes, and the puzzles haven't been too hard to work out. The Skip and Hint buttons also fill up fairly quickly, much to my delight There are Achievements (the usual suspects from my quick look) to aim for.

The HOS are fun to play, and the mini games tend to have extra layers to them. The Match 3 game (part of a mini game) was a bit different, and in the end, I had to press Skip as I was taking too long to finish, lol.

I like the story (time travel is always a favourite of mine, and this game reminds me a bit of the movie Timeline, Stargate time travel episodes ... you get the drift, lol), and I will buy it to find out what happens next

As always, try it for yourself - you may just like it.

Jen

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 3, 15 4:24 AM
I used a coupon, and at the moment I'm regretting getting the game!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 3, 15 6:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Invasion: Lost in Time here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Invasion: Lost in Time.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Aug 3, 15 11:11 AM
I did not think that in this day and age, such basic games were still available. I am even more surprised that they are for SALE. It must be a joke.

fenn01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by fenn01 on Aug 3, 15 2:15 PM
really enjoyed the demo. Any idea how long it is?

Absolutely love it

[Post New]by Dargonnoone on Aug 4, 15 1:21 AM
I had a few spare free game credits to use up so mooched around a bit and found this. What a delight. I love everything about it. The games, the hidden objects scenes, the music. In fact, haven't come across anything that I don't like and that is rare for me as I can be very picky. I can understand that maybe this wouldn't be for everybody. It is slightly clunky and a tad old fashioned but for me it's win win win all the way. A free game that I love.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 4, 15 4:38 AM
This reminds me of the games that were being released in the days when they weren't so sophisticated that they were almost too clever for their own good. I thought the comment 'it must be a joke' was really harsh on a developer who has obviously put a lot of time and effort into creating this rather old-fashioned but quite charming little game. And the whole Egyptian theme, with time travel thrown in, is right up my street

Yes it is basic but there's nothing wrong with that. Too many games now are so cluttered with 'stuff' and things to do that they become a chore to play. I found it quite refreshing to just play simple HOS, solve some puzzles done in ways I've not seen before and enjoy quite an interesting story. There are no frills with this game and you play either easy or hard mode but it's an SE so not unexpected. There are achievements and you can replay the puzzles; I skipped those blasted scorpions as I couldn't get them all before they reached the bottom and you have to start all over again I'll get them all next time

It is puzzle heavy and HOS lite, so if that doesn't float your boat you might want to give this game a miss. But I really must find out if we get to meet that man that looks like a lion; very reminiscent of 'Vincent' from the original TV series 'Beauty and the Beast'! Its a buy for me

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

ETA: Hey, I've morphed into an angelfish......how appropriate

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 5, 15 1:45 PM
I REALLY enjoyed playing this game. Such a mix of wonderful puzzles and HO scenes. I played 96% of the puzzles without skipping (some took a bit of time). So, it took me about 8 hours to complete the whole game (one of the longest games I've ever played). Also, Itera Labs also made "Legacy - Witch Island".

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Aug 6, 15 10:11 AM
Did the demo, had a credit and bought straight away!!!

Very good on the puzzle front, some I really couldn't do, so skipped, and others were worth trying over (and over, but it's my day off, so no rush, right )

Very few HO's but the ones that were there were good, a couple of frustrating ones, but again, this game is challenging!

Very good graphics, and once you got used to the lack of dialogue and character movement you stop noticing, although when she was on her own and the comments were still starting with "we" it bugged me a bit!!!! Picky picky!!!

I liked the whole storyline, LOVED the puzzles, and some you can replay in the bonus section.

Is this the first installment of a series? Having got to the end you'll know what I mean?

Well done you devs, nice to see something new!

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Aug 7, 15 5:58 AM
Hi Fishes

I liked the Egypt theme. Good graphics and sound. I got a bit confused when "we" were jumping around in time, it felt like we went to a whole different game. Chopy. I noticed the Crazy Machine game and wondered how they could use it their game. I was not able to make that work. I played for about 3-4 hours and I did skip some. I have win 7 and did experience some of the issues that are discussed in the teck page. However, I did finish after a major crashing and they leave you with the feeling there will be another game to follow. This is an old style game but fun but do the demo. Even though I did I still had trouble deep into the game that did not show up in the demo. You will have to weigh its value for yourself.

karen

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 8, 15 7:25 AM
Despite what I am supposing is a mem-leak problem causing freezes and restarts, I liked this game. My only wishes are concerning the language: it is not very good English and has typos (I loved finding the "gork"), and the puzzle instructions can be cryptic. But good ratings on complexity, variety, novelty, sound and graphics, and plot. Three out of five.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Aug 9, 15 5:58 PM
Finally got to finish game. Had trouble at first with freezing and not going further, but downloaded it to my laptop and had to keep hinting where to go next, and finished the whole game. It seems if you go ahead of where you are to be it locks you out. All in all a good game. Once I got to finish it I really enjoyed it. .

[Post New]by debraann111 on Aug 13, 15 9:06 AM
BORING!!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 14, 15 10:01 AM
Only played the demo for a few minutes, and I really wanted a new game so I used a coupon. Mistake. Boring puzzles, and when I hit the "shoot the scorpions," I decided I'd had enough. It's going into my "Never Play This Again" file.

Go to: