Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Invasion: Lost in Time here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 3, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/03/2015 at 6:43:53 AM PST

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Invasion: Lost in Time here

[Post New]by Inanga on Aug 3, 15 1:51 AM
Froze just a few minutes into the game. Had to restart the computer.

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Aug 3, 15 1:51 AM
Froze just a few minutes into the game. Had to restart the computer. W7

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Aug 3, 15 2:06 AM
Didn't freeze after the restart.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Aug 3, 15 6:44 AM
Windows 7 laptop.

Again another game that shut down my computer AND signed me out of big fish.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 3, 15 6:44 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Aug 3, 15 7:50 AM
The MENU button was frozen. I could click on Diary & Map but the MENU button wouldn't respond so I could exit the game. Had to cont/alt/dele.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Aug 3, 15 7:54 AM
Game froze after profile. Game after game after game.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Aug 3, 15 8:23 AM
I played 46min without any problem, then game froze up also. Was loving the modern touch. Was going to buy it. That's why playing demos and reading the forum are important.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Aug 3, 15 10:59 AM
I had the same problem as BronzeLady.
I have Windows 7.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 3, 15 11:57 AM
I had no Tech Issues at all and my system is Windows Vista.

The Menu button isn't active until you finish the game, I clicked on it when the demo finished, purchased the game and the Menu button worked perfectly from then onwards.

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Aug 3, 15 1:36 PM
I, too, had the same issue with the Menu button not working. It would flicker, but then nothing would happen. Win 8.1 desktop here, Nvidia card.

Also, sometimes when in a close up (small zoom window) I was unable to exit the close up via the X in the upper right corner. Nor did clicking outside of the close up box do anything. I could access the map & the diary, but the menu was unresponsive. It would just flicker when pressed, but nothing would happen. This happened when viewing the books for the first time & another when viewing the boat. (Trialed twice in 5 minutes & froze both times in zoom close up w/unresponsive exit & menu). The game didn't "freeze" though, because all of the other buttons worked - including hint. The hint was directing me to another location but I couldn't go there because the close-up box was blocking my way.

The only way to exit was to Ctrl-Alt-Del. The first time it wiped out my progress, the second it didn't & was able to continue from where I left off...well, until it became unresponsive again.

I located the execution file on my computer & ran the compatibility troubleshooting wizard. I accepted the recommended settings & tested again. This time I was able to exit close-ups & the menu button worked! There is still quite a bit of flickering when I close those zoom boxes or use the menu, but it worked.

I really want to buy this game, but I'm a little nervous it will again lock up. It seems highly unstable.

UPDATE: I updated my Adobe Shockwave player when I ran into slowness/graphic troubles with another game. This seems to have also helped this game as the flickering has completely stopped! I have a newer, high-powered computer with a really good graphics card, so I was surprised to have any troubles whatsoever. My graphics cards was up to date, as was my Flash player. Shockwave was the troublemaker for me. I'm buying this now. Woot!

Edited on 08/10/2015 at 6:58:19 AM PST

[Post New]by divaluz on Aug 3, 15 5:20 PM
Froze on me just barely into the game. Haven't tried it again since refreshing my laptop. I use Win 8.1

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Aug 3, 15 8:06 PM
Yet another game I can't play on my computer . That makes 7 games between June and now. I have windows 7. I think XP did better with games.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 4, 15 1:37 AM
lkbambi wrote:Yet another game I can't play on my computer . That makes 7 games between June and now. I have windows 7. I think XP did better with games.

I have Win7 and haven't had a technical issue with the demo of any game for months; in fact I can't think of any this year (so far).

So might not be Win7's fault?

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Aug 4, 15 5:32 AM
BronzeLady wrote:The MENU button was frozen. I could click on Diary & Map but the MENU button wouldn't respond so I could exit the game. Had to cont/alt/dele.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Aug 4, 15 5:34 AM
suniris wrote:
BronzeLady wrote:The MENU button was frozen. I could click on Diary & Map but the MENU button wouldn't respond so I could exit the game. Had to cont/alt/dele.

same here. had to let the time run out. not even control/alt/del worked.

[Post New]by nickers14 on Aug 4, 15 9:17 AM
When I try to interact with "close up" scenes (like using the crowbar on the garage door), I get kicked out of the game to the desktop. The game is still running, and I can resume the game. The second time I got to the scene, I was able to use the crowbar. Then, I was kicked out of the game again when I tried to interact with the books on the bookshelf. Also the egyptian eye puzzle kicked me out. In each case the game continued to run in the background and I was able to complete the puzzle the second time around.
I gave up playing after being kicked out of the game to the desktop three times in five minutes.

My system, running windows 8.1
Core i7 4790k 4GHz Quad Core
16GB DDR3/250G SSD/4TB Hard Drive
GeForce GTX980

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Aug 4, 15 9:30 AM
I "restored" the pic in the boat 5xs and game kept sending me back to "restore"-I don't normally have problems with games, even when other gamers are pulling their 'scales' out-I am disappointed as this looked to be an interesting game

siladan
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by siladan on Aug 4, 15 10:20 AM
Running Windows 10, so it might be the OS, but the game froze for me, too. Plus, the screen is skewed to one side so that half the graphics are missing. Prob a no buy for me, as there are other games that run fine without issues.

Go to: