govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 8, 12 6:43 AM
CFG, glad you got the AV thing figured out.

Well I finally met Jep. Have put a bandage on his head but he is still to ill to eat. Fixed part of what I think is a kiln with some bricks I had but no idea about the bellows.
Someone mentioned a seal earlier on the beach. Looked everywhere and can't find that. I seem to be going around i circles. I don't know if I will make it back any more today,

Congrats to everyone who has finished !!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 8, 12 6:51 AM
I think you need some more clay as you have to make some utensils.
It's also possible that there are medicinal plants you've missed.

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 6:52:34 AM PST

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Mar 8, 12 10:20 AM
@jboliver, thank you for help. I went back to an earlier save file, so didn't have to start over. I think the piece I was missing was how to disassemble stuff. I needed to re-use my **knife blade - once for fire starter once for knife
Anyway, once I figured that out and found the treasure chest, I was good to go and have made it up to the top of the hill, where I have found some things and there are monkeys throwing stuff at me
That was last night. I have high hopes for this evening's session. Need to take advantage of some good weather here today and garden a bit.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Mar 8, 12 1:48 PM
hi just signed on again. Played so much for the first few days it was getting me down so I took a break. Have eliminated 5 robots and having problems trying to get the one in front of the windmill. Am thinking of making a weapon. Which is the best one: the kite or the dynamite? Also just how many robots are there to be done away with? By the way, I was able to get the cannon working and got the robot on the beach with one shot.....yah! I didn't know you had to pull the part out to load the ball, so when I discovered that goodie, I put in the powder and nails and it was a real blast!. Think I need a map to find my way around some of the places, I can't get behind the windmill without being killed by that robot and I can't seem to get close enough to use my firearm either so it looks like a long night.

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 2:15:07 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Mar 8, 12 2:22 PM
@justaques...I don't know which is best - **the kite or the dynamite, but I used the dynamite. I passed up on the kite as I didn't know about it. I ended up with 6 thrusters.**

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 8, 12 2:24 PM
justaques the one at the windmill can be done with the dynamite, a gunshot or you can look at the tree to the left and notice the hanging branch. I think I shot that down with the bow and arrow. The kite can be used on the one by the rope bridge. Have Jep help you with that at the cross road. There are a total of 6 thrusters and 5 keys .

Bellsprout glad I could help

gov I know that looking at the bellows is one of the triggers for the seal. Maybe you need to have more clay like Mr_Russ said. You might also need those medicinal plants. Everything is sort of tied together.

CFG glad you got that AV problem fixed

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Mar 8, 12 2:51 PM
+ While I was waiting for suggestions I Got the little rascal with dynamite right on top of him which I delivered from Jep's house. Now I have the 6 and found out that the master key could be repaired with 4 damaged ones (hope this is right) so I guess I have to gather my courage and try to enter the Nautilus and get killed a few more times I suppose. ++

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 2:53:29 PM PST

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Mar 8, 12 6:22 PM
I just finished with a score of 298 and am relieved I was able to survive until the end. The episode in the Nautilus was the one part I was very glad I had a walkthrough to follow. I'm glad I joined the group-play this time, because I don't know that I would have actually completed it and discovered what a great game it actually was. I have RtMI2 just waiting for its chosen group-play. Now I can sleep.

Edited to say thanks for all the help, you're the best!

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 6:27:17 PM PST

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Mar 8, 12 7:39 PM
Hello Everyone.
Things Topside have been so demanding, I couldn't play for a few days. Now, I'm finished.

What a fun game! So many ways to do so many things. Brute force, or solutions that are downright elegant.

I'm going back in now to see how many ways I can kill robots, and subdue cranky monkeys! (And maybe restock the bar. )

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 9, 12 1:59 AM
You're right Aquatic this is a fun game and it has great replay value. Just trying to do things in a different way almost makes it a slightly different game.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 9, 12 3:30 AM
Finished a second time with a score of 343. But cheated a bit on the piano part, going to try that one again by myself
And ofcourse, I entered the game prepared, knowing exactly what actions would score me points.
I doubt that you get more points for the piano than for the riddles.
I solved every puzzle I could find, made all the combinations I could think of, I honoustly wouldn't know how to score higher than this, not that i have any intention of trying or even wanting a higher score. but still curious, how high is the maximum in this game?
Must say it was great fun to ** use the dynamite on a bot, battle them with bow and arrows, shooting the sea monster, electrocuting a bot with the kite and getting a monkey drunk. ** Yeah, i bellieve I had even more fun the second round.

It was a great game and it is nice to be able to make so many different items.

Edited on 03/09/2012 at 3:53:07 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 9, 12 3:36 AM
congrats on finishing justaques & Aquatic

@justaques I am glad you liked the group play We think playing LF games together makes them so much more fun. LOL about you now being able to sleep, now you've finished, this game is rather addicting.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 9, 12 4:53 AM
Gone back to an earlier save, cause I remembered there were still a few items in my inventory I could combine.

I've boosted my score up to 345 and finally figured out the piano part. don't think I will be able to get a higher score.

For now I am done with this game and completely satisfied by it.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 9, 12 8:28 AM
Wow

Couldn't play a lot this week. So I'm ** still in the cave , picked up some things but done anything **

I guess you'll start a new game very soon
Let me know, I'll lurk without playing, have to finish this one before ....

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 9, 12 8:32 AM
There is no rush to finish, marie And it will still be a while before we start our next game.
Let us know if you need help with Mina's & Jep's exploring of the Island.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 9, 12 9:55 AM
Thanks Catfish

I'm stuck ** in the cave**

found ** Planks. I guess that's for the coffin ..... I have a hammer . Should I find nails somewhere ? And how to find a candle or a lamp ? **

Tried to combine the things I found, but nothing works

Edited on 03/09/2012 at 9:56:42 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 9, 12 10:06 AM
@marie yes, you should find ** nails too, they are on the same shelf where you found the hammer but they kind of blend in, so you have to look closely. There are lanterns to be found there but they are battery driven and the batteries are dead. You have to make your own battery, there are notes to be found as how to do so. Look on all shelves. You can use the sealfat to make an oillamp to start with, that way you have some light to better explore the rest of Granite House. **

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 9, 12 10:18 AM
Thanks Catfish

I should change my glasses

Stuck on the beach now

Edited on 03/09/2012 at 10:25:24 AM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 9, 12 3:53 PM
I finished! What a great game. Once I had the time to play the game it was so much fun I didn't want to stop. At first, I thought it would be very difficult because of the complexity of the game but the progression of the game was a lot less bumpy for me once the right objects were found and combined. I didn't break 300 though. I was hoping to get more pictures for my picture gallery. Maybe next time.

What would I have done without Jep? That little monkey is truly a lifesaver.

Congratulations to all who have finished. Good luck and have fun to all the rest.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 10, 12 2:21 AM
Booh ....
Can't figure how ** to go back to the cave after having burried Nemo. What to do with this monkeys that has thrown the ladder ?
Tried to send Jep with gifts, but it doesn't work and Mina says that this monkey can't get along with Jep

Have to find another way .....

I guess I need some help

** have a kite but can't use it**

Go to: