Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 14, 14 10:02 PM
Not wanting to put more of a damper on things, but I just gave away my 5-a-day gifts, and when I sent off the last gift, I didn't get my "Thank You" card for it. This happened several times in the first version of the game, and now it happened again.

I also get the odd "not connected" while in the game, but usually it gets back online when I click the "Retry" button.

Also, just remembered... In the original version several times when I entered the HOS the "Crypt" - next to the "Burning Tree", there was no list with the words. This happened again yesterday once. I had to leave the game (it froze in that place), and once I entered it and the scene again, the list was back.

Apart from those things, the game plays just fine for me. Except for not getting the objects I need to craft objects I need to get my quests done.

aglaia100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by aglaia100 on Mar 15, 14 12:11 AM
Heya BFG, after the update it should take about 48 hours to fix "the save" and then get back to the game. That was last Sunday. But I still am locked out while all the others players could get in. This is very frustrating. Can you tell, how long it will take from now or do you have any other idea, how I can get in again?

[Post New]by rlroadie2004 on Mar 15, 14 4:53 AM
Another glitch! And not wanting to muddy the waters, but I just gave away my 5 gifts for the day, and when I sent off the last gift, I didn't get my "Thank You" card for it - this happened on both games I'm playing. I checked with several of the people I sent the gifts to and they didn't receive them.

...it only continues to add fuel to the fire!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 15, 14 5:32 AM
rlroadie2004 wrote:Another glitch! And not wanting to muddy the waters, but I just gave away my 5 gifts for the day, and when I sent off the last gift, I didn't get my "Thank You" card for it - this happened on both games I'm playing. I checked with several of the people I sent the gifts to and they didn't receive them.

...it only continues to add fuel to the fire!!!!

That's exactly what I just said. So it's not just me then.

1BRE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 1BRE on Mar 15, 14 8:47 AM
i have a pc w/windows 7 and i use the i icon to get items i need only it does not give me the item i ask for. i am on level 19 also if i do get the items needed after several days of trying i go to get the item i need in the craft and it gives me another item i did not request and i have to start all over trying to acquire the items. this is definately a situation i would quit this game over the devs need to address this problem asap.

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Sheria on Mar 15, 14 9:35 AM
Logged in last Monday after the update and received the "save" error message. It's now Saturday, and I still get the "save" error message. In other words, I still can't get into the game. Starting to wonder if I even want to given all the other glitches I'm reading about.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Mar 15, 14 11:25 AM
I can play but I can't advance. If I am not getting any where why play? I will go spin , I don't get gifts, everyday for a week. If nothing has improved I will delete this one. No reason to get this frustrated , life is too short

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Mar 15, 14 2:07 PM
I'm officially frustrated. I'm at level 19 and like everyone discovering the quests for crafts aren't giving the items needed. I had to go to the Stone Chaps for the Witch's altar challenge and I got all three pieces and then it gave me the Cuirass, not the one I needed! It was bad enough when the individual HOs weren't giving me what I needed, but even if you get the items you need, you might get something else???

survive70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by survive70 on Mar 15, 14 6:27 PM
Here I am yet again after the 5th day where I go to play my mc and it still will not let me in saying that there is a problem with your saved game...The query has been sent and we will fix the problem but it may take up to 48 hours, well this is day five, why is it that I am still NOT PLAYING??????> Do I fix this myself?? or wait for your SPECIAL TEAM TO GET AROUND TO IT???

[Post New]by Overantiquated on Mar 15, 14 7:21 PM
1BRE wrote:i have a pc w/windows 7 and i use the i icon to get items i need only it does not give me the item i ask for. i am on level 19 also if i do get the items needed after several days of trying i go to get the item i need in the craft and it gives me another item i did not request and i have to start all over trying to acquire the items. this is definately a situation i would quit this game over the devs need to address this problem asap.

I too am not getting the items needed from crafting..I've tried 4 times and always get something else.I can't finsih the quest. I'm pretty fed-up not only with Elephant games but with Big Fish. If only someone would "say" something to us. But I think it's too late for that. I now have four games not working properly. Time to go find another place that offers better service. It's too bad..cause I had loved BF and been with them from the beginning, but this silent treatment and on-going probs is no longer viable. I want stress-free play. thanx for listening

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Mar 15, 14 8:55 PM
I am running on a PC w/Windows XP. I haven't encountered any of the issues everyone is talking about from the update on the 10th.

But I haven't reached level 18 yet. The only issue I am encountering is the time counter in the HOS skips seconds. I literally watched it jump several times tonight. It went from ,57 to 1.0 in a blink of an eye one time and from .59 to 1.01 the next time I saw it. And they were different HOS. Losing 2-3 seconds can be significant if time is part of the scoring.

I have noticed since the updates that it is not reliably giving the components you need when you unlock the craft item areas. After everything I've been reading in the forum I will not spend any more money at all buying diamonds for this game, if the diamonds will not get me what I need to craft an item in the laboratory and proceed in my quests.

Sweetypuss
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetypuss on Mar 16, 14 11:41 AM
Just a few quirks with my game so far, after the latest update:

1. Flower collection - as long as I don't collect the fifth flower in the ice scene or the saloon, I'll get my 10 coins. If I collect my fifth flower in the ice scene or the saloon then I received no coins.

2. Friends - I'm receiving 1 thank you postcard for every 5 gifts sent (I really need those postcards for the newest batch of pets). I'm hoping at least that the friends are getting the items cause I check my inventory and they are being removed.

3. Friends - names still show up (Bayouguy) but no list of items to send as gifts.

4. Game time - seconds advance faster, not sure how to put this. Instead of going from 25 to 26, the seconds go from 25 to 30, etc. It appears to be in the newest scenes with the witch and pirate.

5. Crafting items - this is aggravating with just about the entire game now. I find a quested item or buy it with diamonds and then don't get what I was crafting. I could live with that before the witch and pirate but geesh! 425 diamonds to get a set of pistols! Come on - I at least like the new characters and scenes, unlike several of the players in this forum, but I can't afford to buy diamonds and gold everyday. Each new locked space has been over $4,000!

6. I do like the new airship and how I'm getting items with every quest. I like that I'm getting pet food with most every quest completed. Please, please, please but the diamonds and gold on sale though - that would be fantastic and enabling the addiction I have for this game.

Thank you, Sweetypuss2 aka Sweetypuss but my computer crashed and I lost everything in all my games...sad, sad day.

W123
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by W123 on Mar 16, 14 9:04 PM
I'm on level 19 with a PC system. Why can't I get the riveted disk from the winter idol in ice rock? The winter idol requires 2 masks of virtue and 2 devil's gloves. The masks of virtue are available in the Throne Hall Armor and Banners where I have received 2 Raven's eye, 3 Shields of order, and 19 cannonballs. The devil's gloves are available in the Tavern Gaming Table where I have received 5 mournful fangus, 8 banners of loyalty, and 21 stranger badges. Whenever I finally get the 2 masks/gloves (usually gifts from friends), I do not get the riveted disk. I've used diamonds to get the masks/gloves but never get the riveted disk. I'm now trying to save up the diamonds to get the riveted disk but I'm now thinking that I won't get the Tears of Impurity at the Rune Altar once I get the riveted disk.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 17, 14 6:17 AM
Hey there, seems to be a bit of a problem with sending gifts. Every once in a while when I try to gift a friend, any friend really, it shows me minus the item and then immediately plus the item without giving me any gift card, also meaning friend didn't get my gift, but 1 less friend to gift is shown in my quota for the day. I checked and seems item is not lost from inventory but still, am missing out on a gift card and a gifting opportunity for that day. It happens every few, can't say exactly how many but it happened a few times already and I think it doesn't really matter which item it is I'm trying to gift as well.
Other than that takes a few good seconds to enter the friend's window every time and a lot of internet connection problem window popping asking me to retry or quit, sometimes even 3-4 times in a row before allowing me to continue playing. Don't have internet access problems so really am not sure what's causing this or how to handle it other than with patience. Working Windows XP at the moment. Thank you.

ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Mar 17, 14 6:27 AM
Well at least it seems I'm not alone here in my problem:

I am doing two quests, one for Arabella and another for the Castle Warden (or whatever his name is) and I simply cannot receive the necessary items from the HOS to craft what's needed. I have tried ALL DAY, playing each scene probably 8 times, and have not received ANY of the items I need.

This is really ridiculous, Big Fish and Elephant - why did you make this stupid change to the game so that it is now unplayable?

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 17, 14 10:26 AM
7 days with the "Unfortunately we found a problem with your save. The query is sent and the problem will be fixed. Please note, that fixing the problem might take a considerable amount of time to fix. Please try to launch game later."

I've sent an email off to CS but with a 24-72 hr response time, I could be another 1-3 days before even they see my plea for help. I had no problems with this game, until I had to update on Mar 10th. Please please fix this. All of my friends have been playing for days. Very discouraged and disappointed in how this has been handled.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 17, 14 10:27 AM
Still locked out as well. System is up to date. Uninstalled an reinstalled. Not sure what else to do at this point. Most everyone else is back in by now.

[Post New]by kellydunwell on Mar 17, 14 12:28 PM
I am still locked out also. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, and still locked out.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Mar 17, 14 8:56 PM
I finally got to level 19 now I'm back to not getting what I need 2 days trying for the same 4 items to craft 1 item. Play 2 games wait an hour play again . for 2 days. come on guys get this fixed.

high_ridge
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by high_ridge on Mar 17, 14 9:28 PM
Hi pjmatt - is it the Amulet of Challenge? Finally crafted my first today - only took a week of trying! Hang on in there!

Go to: