bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 16, 10 8:39 AM
Hi sjoycesam_1997,

Welcome to the pond!

To get inside the graveyard you'll need oil to lubricate the rusted statue.

You can find the oil upstairs in the hotel owner's house. Here is an extract to assist you:

* Click on the sparkly area upstairs to search for items.

* Click on the picture on the upper left side of the wall and the picture will fall down.

* Grab the key that appears on the wall in place of the picture.

* Click on the Oil Can in the lower right side.

Once you have the oil can, return to the graveyard to use the oil on the statue. It will start playing the violin and once it finishes the gate will open.

If you want some more information or if you'd like to have a look at some screenshots, you can consult the complete walkthrough here.

Hope this helps, happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jan 29, 11 8:29 PM
Very enjoyable. Not frustrating and great story. I just think little Simon is the most adorable boy I've ever seen.

Off to play PuppetShow 2. Loved this one so I know I'll love #2.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Feb 4, 11 6:40 AM
I note that this game has just been put on sale for $2.99 and has only been out for 8 months or so. This is a recurring trend of putting games on sale that are not yet a year old after many customers have paid at least $6.99 per game. Why not just sell the games at $4.99 at the onset?

[Post New]by theatergirl on Feb 4, 11 1:55 PM
I love all of these Puppetshow Games. Was over at the ERS Studio website and saw there is a new Puppetshow: Lost Town game. I am so excited about this as I have played these games over and over. Does any fishies know when the next release date is?

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Feb 4, 11 2:46 PM
9gamer5 wrote:I note that this game has just been put on sale for $2.99 and has only been out for 8 months or so. This is a recurring trend of putting games on sale that are not yet a year old after many customers have paid at least $6.99 per game. Why not just sell the games at $4.99 at the onset?
I think it's a DD (and the sequel will be also) because the third one (Lost Town) is due any day now. Just a friendly BF incentive to collect the set.

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 2:47:12 PM PST

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Feb 4, 11 8:16 PM
just got done playing this one. the graphics were very nice and the story was interesting, albeit in a macabre sort of way. i liked the music at first but eventually it grated on me and i turned it down. although this was a short game i would like to continue on thru the series and see how everything turns out. i'm not sure i thought this game was quite as great as i've read in some of the other reviews (which i always read before purchasing anything) but it was pretty good, enough to buy the second at some point. i'm not dying to rush out and get it right this second tho, lol. maybe if they really are going to put up the 2nd one as a DD before the next one hits i'll just wait 'til then. i guess this means my final opinion is: good without being terribly compelling, enjoyable without being "WOW"!

happy gaming everyone

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Feb 4, 11 10:09 PM
I beta tested "Puppetshow - Lost Town" and it left me wanting more so I d/l "Mystery of Joyville" so far enjoying it. Graphic's are alittle scary in bits (but that could just be me been overly sensitive) and sound is appropriate. Puzzles were of medium level difficutly. Overall enjoying it and not having any problems.

[Post New]by SueBordian on Feb 5, 11 11:24 AM
The graphics were very nice indeed. However it was finished quite quickly, and lagged horribly at the cage scene. I wish I had bought something else.

[Post New]by Karolea on Feb 18, 11 4:06 PM
I must have gone in the wrong review at first, cause they were talking about a PuppetShow one and two....This is the first one I found, and I LOVED IT!!! I am not too keen on the spooky stuff, but thought I would give it a try. Reviews are saying it is easy and takes no time to slove. Boy do I feel dumb, cause it took me quite a while. Oh well, I guess we can't please everyone, but I am really glad you pleased me.
Great game!!!! If there is a number two, then I want to hear about it please.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 4:09:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Tylee916 on Feb 23, 11 7:34 PM
This is a great game! Can there be more than 1 saved games? My daughter & I are fighting over playing this game!!

[Post New]by Debdand on Feb 26, 11 6:06 PM
I bought the 'full version' of this game on my iPad today and I have to say I am more than a little disappointed!
It seems that the iPad version is a stripped down version of the game all of you here are talking about... I was surprised at how short it was and at how quickly I finished it...
Then I look through the game walkthrough and there is so much of the game that the iPad version does not have!
I really feel ripped
Boiler room? What's that? ... iPad version does not have that?
Probably about a third of the game is missing...

Bigfish why did you put such a stripped down version in the appshop?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Mar 16, 11 8:27 AM
Great game...........I have now played both Puppet Show games, and they are well worth playing. Good graphics, good HOGS, good puzzles. Just very intertaining. Keep em' coming!

katbeth01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by katbeth01 on Apr 2, 11 6:16 PM
I thought this game was too easy but I like the story line and the grafics are awesome. I only started playing this series because of the hype about Lost Town so I am playing the two games leading up to it first. Will comment on Souls of the Innocent when I get done with it.

booksmart
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by booksmart on Apr 5, 11 7:20 AM
Well, I read the reviews and also saw in other forums that this was a good game but it is WAY, WAY too easy. The objects are really easy to find even though they are blurry, and the constant shiny sparkle that tells you everything, including in which direction to go really wrecks the game for me. I like to figure it out for myself. Also, whenever there might be something challenging like a puzzle or something to put together, the narrative at the bottom pops ups and tells you exactly what to do AND what tool to use. I need more of a challenge. MCF 13th skull or RTR were way better. I'm glad other fishies enjoyed it but I feel a bit ticked off that I waited for my free game credits to get it!

[Post New]by JoCaT33 on Apr 5, 11 5:54 PM
I have gotten into the cemetery and collected all the items. When I finished, it told me I had obtained a mask, but the mask is not actually showing up in my tools inventory, so I can't move on in the game. I've tried restarting the game twice, but I still keep having the same issue. Anyone else having this problem? I'm running the game on iPad.

Allee
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Allee on Apr 25, 11 2:50 PM
I have one mask. It is in the tools, but you have to rotate the tools holder. I can't place the mask on the lock. I have tried everything that I know to do. Any suggestions?

Malicia69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Malicia69 on Apr 27, 11 7:17 AM
Awesome graphics and gameplay....a definite buy!

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Apr 28, 11 9:03 PM
LOVE the artwork. Played the second Puppetshow last week, and saw this one for $2.99. It's very easy, but I don't mind, zipping through it.

Hope to see more Puppetshow games, keep 'em coming.

[Post New]by rufusdufus77 on May 10, 11 4:42 PM
Librarian19 wrote:Help, I cannot get out of the dang lobby. Easy, I wold argue about that. I am new to big fish games and perhaps am not I have gottne all the items, I believe, but no Tools box or anything else. HELP.

i cant either!! Got the game on my iphone and I have cogs and weights in my inventory but cant get past the lobby!! HELP!! (if you managed to get out!!)

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 13, 11 6:50 PM
[b] I see that close to 70,000 folks have already commented on this wonderfully creative game. However I wanted to get me 02cents on record and say that not only have I enjoyed the honor to play this game all the PuppetShow's in the series as well. Great work and I look forward to another game.

Go to: