Sorry double post

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 8:48:21 AM PST

x2kul
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

Re:The Official Mystery Case Files 2011 Speculation Thread

[Post New]by x2kul on Nov 20, 11 9:04 AM
Grrrrrr. topside doctor visits and transportation issues have kept me from completing my mission and only 3 days left!!!!!!

I, however, having just finished page 80 (November 6th ) am so way behind, and will be at DF from Monday night until Friday, so will miss the "Grand Opening," which will give me time to finish this thread and replay the other MCF games, prompts me to post this...

ANYWAY!!! Someone said something in a post somewhere back in the 70ish pages that wasn't 100% accurate (NO spoilers, relax ), but it gave me a train of thought that I wanted to throw out there. OK, here goes....

MF's son Franco was her eldest. Her accent (to me) sounds eastern European. So, what if the English version of her son's name is FRANK?! And the Frank that was the construction worker was MF's son????

For all we know, MF took place, well, who knows when, and she's quite the old bat. If her black cat IS a medium, maybe it's helping to keep her alive (which is how it's able to be in every game too.) And if I'm not mistaken, I believe in days of yore and yesteryear, since the deathrate of newborns was so high, parents would name surviving children the same name as ones who didn't make it, no?

If Frank and Franco are the same, maybe Reginald (Rose the assistant to Emma's husband) had a middle name he used for different people. Which would make MF Rose's MIL and grandmum to the twins. And Frank's death? Well, we all know Charles can mess with death and life, so maybe C reanimated F and then used him to build the underground town.

OK, I just got myself so bleeping confused, I'm going back to RTR to replay and see what else I can mess my brain up with!

Carry on

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 20, 11 9:11 AM
@ x2kul, I haven't played Madame Fate in YEARS, but your theory is intriguing. I really wonder if the "carnival" clue refers to Madame Fate, or to something else more general. Looking forward to how that clue fits into a Ravenhearst game...

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 20, 11 9:15 AM
Good Morning/evening/night everyone! Thank you all for the kind word about my poem.

Well, I'm the sort of person who is always early wherever I go, so I arrived at Dire Grove yesterday afternoon. To say it was fixed was a euphemism! There is a new bar of soap in the bathroom! Otherwise, I looked around and found some boards to put over the hole. If someone has a hammer and nails it would be helpful to us if it could be nailed down. It LOOKS like the plumbing will work once it is thawed out. I had a look at the generator and it needs gas--anyone coming from town, can you bring some?

Oh, Pepper! That was you I heard coming! I decided not to look out as this place was really creepy last night! I have some candles and a lighter in my room (#13) I can share with you to help keep your batteries from freezing! I also brought some cookware and a few cans of food so we can heat something up in the fireplace--once we find some firewood.

Anyone who hasn't left home yet, pack lots of blankets! I have the feeling that when we get the generator running it's still gonna be cold here!

ETA Pepper and anyone who gets here soon--we could go to the local eatery, The White Roach for dinner. They have a bar and wine!

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 9:27:42 AM PST

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 20, 11 9:17 AM
I haven't played MF ever, but I thought Franco died in-game...

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 20, 11 9:28 AM
Rainbow722 wrote:Good Morning/evening/night everyone! Thank you all for the kind word about my poem.

Well, I'm the sort of person who is always early wherever I go, so I arrived at Dire Grove yesterday afternoon. To say it was fixed was a euphemism! There is a new bar of soap in the bathroom! Otherwise, I looked around and found some boards to put over the hole. If someone has a hammer and nails it would be helpful to us if it could be nailed down. It LOOKS like the plumbing will work once it is thawed out. I had a look at the generator and it needs gas--anyone coming from town, can you bring some?

snipped

I will stop in town after my plane lands, and get some blankets and either firewood or an axe. Do NOT want to try to get extra blankets and firewood through security at the airport! That would get me some extra attention for sure...

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 20, 11 9:32 AM
I have a hammer and nails... just try not to lose them, it's the only hammer I have, and I might need it. As for the gas, you may have to walk to the nearby town (the museum might have some stashed somewhere) or there could be some in the garage.

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,224 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Nov 20, 11 9:34 AM
Everyone involved in MF's carnival died in-game. That doesn't mean Chuckles couldn't have used them before and reanimated them, as we're all assuming the Felix as Frankenstein picture is meant to indicate.

As for the carnival solution, we all were heading down the MF road but then Solice mentioned that carnival was right but not correct, which many of us took to mean that we were perhaps not looking at the right carnival. There used to be a big carnival in Blackpool, complete with a tower and tunnels and such, so we were thinking that EFR might possibly tie that in somehow.

But if Chuckles reanimated Frank, and Frank was the middle name of Reginald Sommerset, Reginald would know about the underground town and be able to lead authorities there when Rose and the twins went missing. He would have been able to shoot a crater-sized hole in Chuckles' supposed alibi. Reginald knew that good old Chuckles was responsible in some way for his family's disappearance but couldn't prove it.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 20, 11 9:35 AM
mumma_1 wrote:Sorry double post

If you get double posts (and I do all the time) you can delete the extra one by clicking the red "x" in the upper right corner.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 20, 11 9:35 AM
Rainbow, loved the poem!!!

Gamelvr. thanks for updating the CC!

Paints, love the list of clue solutions!

Gamelvr and Paints...you both have put in a lot of work keeping up with the clues. It is very much appreciated!!!

I'm not flying out until tonight so those of you already at DG, send me a list of things that are still needed and I'll see what I can get through security.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 20, 11 9:39 AM
Laura29 wrote:........................I will stop in town after my plane lands, and get some blankets and either firewood or an axe. Do NOT want to try to get extra blankets and firewood through security at the airport! That would get me some extra attention for sure...

You can't transport firewood across state lines (Emerald Ash Borer and other exotic pests) so you'll have to buy it locally. I'm sure you can find an ax somewhere and there are sure to be fallen trees around. Remember, if you need gas for the generator you are also going to need to bring a funnel.

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 20, 11 9:48 AM
I'm on my way! Should be there in a couple of hours. I've rented a car (they laughed at me when I asked for a motorcycle with a sidecar for my dog-go figure!) and I've just finished shopping. Got your message about needing a few items and thought I'd pick them up. Food, blankets, flashlights, duct tape, dog food, brandy. Sorry, I would have gotten more, but the dog takes up most of the Mini, and I really didn't want him to drool on anything else.

When I arrive, I'll honk the horn and hope you can hear me. It may take several of us to extract Granite from the car. He is really enjoying having his head out the sun roof, but I'm not sure how he got one back leg out the rear window, and the other back leg out of the front passenger window. The good news is, he's only drooling on the OUTSIDE of the car, for right now.

Oh dang! I'll stop by the hardware store for tools, and the automotive store for spark plugs. Maybe we can keep the generator running. See you soon!

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 20, 11 9:50 AM
LOL @ Purplealikat; may need a can opener (or the Jaws of Life) to get the dog out of the side car! I think I can probably find an axe, and I know there are lots of trees around Dire Grove (generally, Grove = trees, after all) so I think we'll be good for wood.

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Nov 20, 11 9:55 AM
I have nothing to add, but I just want to thank all of you brilliant fishies for all of your hard work on the clues!!! You are making me even more excited about the release of EFR!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 20, 11 10:00 AM

62 hours til MCF8
62 hours we hope
The coffee is perking
We hope you're not working
62 hours til MCF8

NOTE: I had to edit this - I was tired, so I screwed up and used local time for today, BFG time for TGT release, and was 3 hours off!! Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 12:36:45 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 20, 11 10:04 AM
GameLvr ... Thank you very much indeed for updating all the clues and solutions as it made it possible for me to keep up with what had been discovered without scrolling through pages and pages of posts which I personally find quite painful and, even though I posted little bookmarks (pictures) occasionally, I still found it difficult to do so and without your updates I would be completely .

Steps up to Podium and clears throat ... ahem

To all going to the Launch Party, Enjoy with a capital E, and don't forget to give us a blow by blow account on your return .

Very well done to all true MD's who solved the clues .

My thanks to ALL who posted in the thread making it a very entertaining read, I particularly loved all the poems .

I would therefore like to take this opportunity to present
each and everyone of you with a:

pp
pp p
pp pp
pp pp
pp pp
pp pp
pp pp
pp pp
pp pp p
pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp

pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pfp
pp Mystery Case Files 8 pp
r MASTER DETECTIVES p
pp prp and SUPPORTERS pip prp
pp pp p AWARD 2011 pp pp p

Please form an orderly queue behind the dotted line

..................................................................................

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 20, 11 10:05 AM
sinshack wrote:
59 hours til MCF8
59 hours we hope
The coffee is perking
We hope you're not working
59 hours til MCF8

LOL Sin-I'm soooo hoping this is true! Do you suppose we will finally get a clue about the release date tonight, after the party?

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 20, 11 10:12 AM
ARE WE giving up "CLUEING" today ?

Re - the picture puzzel In looking at the new added piece - I think the brown thing - outside the cage is a satchel, or a knapsack., at least a brown canvas bag of some kind.

And in the upper left corner - someone mentioned a dolls head - rather than a ring, or vase. I think it is a DOLLS HEAD.

BBT

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 10:13:29 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 20, 11 10:15 AM
Purplealikat, I'm going by the date in the trailer video AND past release dates. The newscast is being presented as broadcasting on Nov. 24th, so I would say that is the regular release date, the one for non-members. That would make it the TGT on Tuesday, Nov. 23rd. And the past couple of MCFs have been released that way, with the TGT on the day before Thanksgiving.

It would be nice to get a confirmation from SOLICE though <<hint, hint>>

Edited for fat fingers, and to add that Solice still has time to give us a clue today. I'm sure she won't want to neglect those who can't make it to the party!

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 10:17:54 AM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 20, 11 10:17 AM
I'm tired of speculating. I want the game. Show me the game, . Show me the GAME!

Go to: