lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Native American Potion Table (bonus chapter)

[Post New]by lsr103 on Aug 5, 15 4:47 PM
I have tried relentlessly to solve the correct order for the plants which need to be put in the potion. I have tried following the recipe-sheet - nothing works. By now, I'm even happy simply to have the correct order spelled out to me. I've managed the rest of the game with no hints and in difficult mode. I don't know why, but I've had a total brain melt on this one puzzle. Can anybody help?

Many thanks,
LSR103

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Native American Potion Table (bonus chapter)

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Aug 6, 15 5:37 PM
It's in the guide, if you can't find it I can look at it again and tell you which page.

NifaFifa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Native American Potion Table (bonus chapter)

[Post New]by NifaFifa on Aug 10, 15 12:07 AM
Now see, this one was my favorite puzzle in the entire game. It's a logic puzzle, so you have to cross out what you know is wrong, and keep eliminating until you can find the right answer. I made a grid to eliminate wrong choices that would lead me to the correct ones.

Like I said, I drew a grid. At the horizontal top I numbered 1 through 7 for the correct order, and vertically, I just gave the ingredients names I would understand. I chose yellow, green, pink, red, brown, water, and powder. Then you put x's in everything that those ingredients can't be. If you know for certain what something is you put an o. Then you can x out everything else that the known item can't be.

Our first clue is powder is the 5th ingredient. Put a circle where powder and 5 intersect. Put an x in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 for powder. Put an x in 5 for all the other ingredients. Our second clue is green can't be 1, 2, 3, or 6. Put x's in all those numbers on your green line. That means green is either 4, or 7. Our next clue tells us that the order goes red , ?, green. That means green CAN'T be 7, because then red would have to be 5, and we already know powder is 5. Put a circle in 4 for green, and cross out 7. Put put an x in 4 for all the other ingredients. We know from our last clue that if green is 4, then red must be 2. Put a o in 2 for red, and cross out all the other numbers. Put an x in 2 for all the other ingredients. Our next clue tells us that pink can't be 1, so put an x there. Our last clue tells us that water comes right before brown. That means brown can't be 1, so put an x there. It also tells us that water can't be 1, because we already know that red is 2, so we couldn't have water before brown, if water was 1, so put an x in 1 for water. We now know through elimination that yellow HAS to be 1. Put a circle in 1 for yellow, and put x's for all the other numbers. That leaves us with spots 3, 6, and 7. We know that water comes right before brown, so that means spot 3 can't be either of those, which means it must be pink. Put a o in 3 for pink and x out the rest of the numbers and ingredients. That leaves us with spots 6 and 7. Well, we KNOW that water comes right before brown, so 6 must be water, and 7 must be brown.

We've figured it out! So to break it down, the order is: yellow, red, pink, green, powder, water, brown. Hope this helps you get the correct order, and understand why it's correct!

Go to: