sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Getting near the end, Rube Goldberg kind of puzzle

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Aug 5, 15 5:06 PM
I've traveled back to the future and seem to be on an alien planet now. There is a kind of Rube Goldberg puzzle, where you put various things in place in order to get a silver ball to go where it is needed. All I've managed so far is to put the cheese where it needs to be. Sad but true. Any little push to get me moving forward would be appreciated.

Thanks, Naomi

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Getting near the end, Rube Goldberg kind of puzzle

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 6, 15 1:11 AM
It took a while but I finally figured it out. I placed everything just before writing this post. I hope that I didn't leave anything out. If I did, let me know what it was & I'll tell you where it goes.

SPOILER: Highlight to Read.
1. The CHEESE goes to the Right of the Hamster Wheel.

2. The BELLOWS goes at the Bottom Left of the puzzle. The Board above the BELLOWs has to be positioned so the BALL falls on it to start the contraption.

3. The SAIL goes on the Boat in the Pan of Water to the Right of the Bellows so that the Bellows blows the Boat into the Red Button.

4. The GEAR goes between the other 2 Gears below the Bucket & Fan.

5. The DOMINO goes to the Left of the other Dominoes on the Board directly above the Fan. I thought that they were spikes sticking up out of the board but they are Dominoes.

6.The SPRING goes between the Right End of the Hammer Handle & the Small Rectangular Plate just above it.

7. The SPIKED HOOK goes in the Loop above the Balloon.

8. The MIRROR goes slightly above & left of the Bottle.

9. The LENS ( looks like a Cameo ) goes to the Left of the MIRROR.

HTH

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Aug 6, 15 4:11 PM
ganonsbane wrote:It took a while but I finally figured it out. I placed everything just before writing this post. I hope that I didn't leave anything out. If I did, let me know what it was & I'll tell you where it goes.

2. The BELLOWS goes at the Bottom Left of the puzzle. The Board above the BELLOWs has to be positioned so the BALL falls on it to start the contraption.

3. The SAIL goes on the Boat in the Pan of Water to the Right of the Bellows so that the Bellows blows the Boat into the Red Button.

5. The DOMINO goes to the Left of the other Dominoes on the Board directly above the Fan. I thought that they were spikes sticking up out of the board but they are Dominoes.

6.The SPRING goes between the Right End of the Hammer Handle & the Small Rectangular Plate just above it.

HTH

Can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to post this!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 7, 15 12:55 AM
I'm glad that it helped. I had fun trying to figure it out. I bought all 3 of the "Crazy Machine" series from BFG a few years ago. Each game has about 50 puzzles of this type. Check them out next time that you have an extra PCC.

Edited on 08/07/2015 at 12:57:18 AM PST

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Aug 7, 15 11:21 AM
ganonsbane wrote:I'm glad that it helped. I had fun trying to figure it out. I bought all 3 of the "Crazy Machine" series from BFG a few years ago. Each game has about 50 puzzles of this type. Check them out next time that you have an extra PCC.

I will. I enjoy the puzzle heavy games.

[Post New]by ChrysP on Aug 14, 15 3:03 PM
ganonsbane wrote:It took a while but I finally figured it out. I placed everything just before writing this post. I hope that I didn't leave anything out. If I did, let me know what it was & I'll tell you where it goes.

HTH

[Post New]by ChrysP on Aug 14, 15 3:05 PM
Thank you so much for that!
I was getting frustrated trying to figure out where to place the lens!
Now I've got it!
Cheers!

Go to: