Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 6, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system.

Edited on 08/06/2015 at 5:21:40 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 6, 15 5:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by charfoust on Aug 6, 15 2:20 PM
I'm in the crypt on a Windows 8.1 machine fully patched and I solved the well puzzle or thought I did but finally had to skip because nothing happened. Now I can't exit the well. I can't get the cursor to take me back to the crypt and hint merely tells me there's nothing more to do there.

[Post New]by Treefrog55 on Aug 6, 15 2:51 PM
I do not have sound for this game and am running 7 with all updates. I tried reinstalling it 3 times and it did not help. If any one has a solution please let me
know.
Thanks

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Aug 6, 15 3:05 PM
I have sound BUT it is soooo garbled it is almost unbearable!!!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Aug 6, 15 4:08 PM
Treefrog55 wrote:I do not have sound for this game and am running 7 with all updates. I tried reinstalling it 3 times and it did not help. If any one has a solution please let me
know.
Thanks

Did you go into control panel and make sure your sound settings were pointed to your computer? Sometimes if I connect my laptop's HDMI cable to the television or listen to music via bluetooth speakers, I can't get sound from my laptop until I change the settings.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 6, 15 5:47 PM
Game froze right after I got the green box! I had to control, alt., delete, to get out of the game. Said it was an Iua error? What's that mean?

Just froze again with IUA Runtime Error! I don't have a clue what that means? I'm using Windows 7 or 8 PC.

Edited on 08/06/2015 at 6:08:19 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 6, 15 10:35 PM
MURPHY wrote:Game froze right after I got the green box! I had to control, alt., delete, to get out of the game. Said it was an Iua error? What's that mean?

Just froze again with IUA Runtime Error! I don't have a clue what that means? I'm using Windows 7 or 8 PC.
Before anything else, try rebooting your PC.
Better find out - for sure - what Operation System [OS] you're running, Win 7 or 8?

If everything else fails do a Google a search for "IUA Runtime Error"

Good luck.

ysgol
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ysgol on Aug 7, 15 3:00 AM
Same happened to me as with murphy. Will try again later.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 7, 15 7:22 AM
I quit playing after that happened and shut the computer off for the night. I pulled it up again this morning and it's been working like nothing ever happened!!

Thanks for the advice. Hope this works for all with the same problem.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 7, 15 7:25 AM
When I first turn on my computer it never says whether it's Windows 7 or 8. I know I can slide my mouse to the far right and get 8. My computer guy set up my computer to play games on Windows 7 because at that time I knew that worked best. So, I'm assuming that if a game need Windows 8 and because it's also on my computer then it will just download that!

I did contact BF CS to see what they have to say about it.

Edited on 08/07/2015 at 7:27:41 AM PST

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Aug 7, 15 7:59 AM
When I played first half of demo, I had no sound-I wasn't able to finish playing so had to exit-Next day, I had sound!!! I did nothing except exit and go back to finish game next day-Magic???

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on Aug 7, 15 11:14 AM
Bonus game freezes after I combine the wire ,hoop and net.

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by Jonia406 on Aug 7, 15 3:06 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system.

I cannot access the game I purchased. A message access violation at 0x0311092e (tried to write to 0x00000000) program terminated. I am using a PC.

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Aug 7, 15 3:39 PM
Obviously there's an issue with this game as I'm running windows 7 and twice now its frozen and the runtime error message has come up. Are there any plans to fix this otherwise excellent game?

[Post New]by bassbabi1 on Aug 8, 15 12:03 PM
Hi. I am on the crystal puzzle at the end (?) where you have to swap rings to complete the picture, but nothing is moving. The rings moved for a bit - I couldn't figure out how to complete the puzzle, then they simply stopped moving when I clicked on them. Any ideas? Thanks
PS: am on Mac, if that makes any difference

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 12:03:59 PM PST

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Archive

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Aug 8, 15 2:38 PM
I'm trying to grab the piece of paper in the book but can't get it. Hint keeps pointing to the place but I can't either pull it out or turn the page.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Aug 9, 15 6:48 AM
Is anyone having an issue with the mirror? I have tried this part of the game three times only to have the game stop.

I am running Mac OS X 10.10. Any help would be great

youngjude
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by youngjude on Aug 9, 15 7:56 AM
i had sound but when I did a save and went back into the game later the sound had gone

Cannot run in full screen mode

[Post New]by canadianyay on Aug 9, 15 5:08 PM
I have Windows 8.1 on a laptop and am having trouble with the cursor in full screen mode (set at 1920 x 1080) : it doesn't reach the edge of the screen all the way around. Have tried resetting the screen res at various sizes, but can't seem to get over the problem. Works great when Windowed but is much smaller and crystals impossible to see. Any suggestions please!

Go to: