Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 6, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/06/2015 at 5:20:37 AM PST

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by mystine on Aug 6, 15 1:28 AM
Good Thursday morning fishies
I can already tell this will be the type of game you either love or hate. I for one am enjoying it very much. Typical storyline of detective tracking down a missing husband in a mining town where apparently something has gone terribly wrong. The graphics are beautiful and vivid...you do have a cute panda helper but he is very unintrusive and when he can be of use he just does his chore and quietly returns to his corner...you dont even have to click on him. You have 2 crystals to find in each scene as an achievement...I love crystals so this appealed to me...some are easy some you have to really look for...a little menu tells you how many in the scene there are...so far as I said 2..and lets you know when you have found them. The game is totally customized which I think we have become so spoiled at this point any developer worth their salt will include this. One of my major pet peeves in a game was having to wait a ridiculous amount of time for a hint to recharge, or to skip a puzzle. I try not to use it that often, but I feel like if I paid for the game 10 sec is quite long enough to wait, lol pref less. This game comes with a nice map that of course lets you transport and also marks areas that are complete. The few HOS I have come across are fairly easy with some highly interactive. I havent been playing that long so not sure of the variety. Some of you will feel this game is too straight forward and easy which it is at times, but it pulls you in somehow and throws some surprises at you when you least expect it. Its a buy for me..but as always here in the pond..just throw your line out and see what you think. Happy Gaming to all

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Aug 6, 15 1:45 AM
Just finished the demo, and its not for me.
Music boring and repetitive, although that's not really too much of a problem, as you can always turn it down. It's the constant "find the picture clue", "open the box", "get attacked by not very scary baddie", which is also boring and repetitive.

The HO'S were nothing special, and I resorted to playing the match 3's towards the end.

The graphics are good and characters also good (except not very scary baddie!), and not all the crystals are easy to find....2 per scene I think.

Useful jump map, with indicators for whether you've completed the scene, actions to do, on easy mode anyway.

I've played stuff from these devs before, I remember the panda (which you don't have to dress up or talk to!!!!) but this didn't catch my imagination, others of you will love it, so check it out for yourselves

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 6, 15 1:59 AM
MsNetty61 said enough for me. Open this with that...boring and repetitive. Not my cup of tea.

"Paula", beta tester, said not too hard or stressful. Happy gaming to those who want to play.

Edited on 08/06/2015 at 2:15:25 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Aug 6, 15 2:19 AM
Well this was an unexpected game.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 6, 15 3:31 AM
Indeed, too much open this with that.. Graphics are oké, but a bit crowded.
Gameplay a bit boring, looking for crystals, not needed in my opinion.
I will try the SE when it comes out.
Might be a bit spoiled now with Maze.. So maybe I feel differently by that time

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Aug 6, 15 4:48 AM
Hi everybody,

I am with mystine, I like this game. It is of course a totally other type of game than Maze of Beyond! But: it is the variety that makes it sometimes.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 6, 15 5:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Aug 6, 15 5:56 AM
Just finished demo it's an ok game.Puzzles to me where on the easy side.I like somewhat hard ones to solve,but not to hard .I just don't think it's worthy of a CE. Might just wait for Se to come around.Just bought Maze with yesterdays code .This one I am looking forward to playing.For those that like Whispered Secrets enjoy

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Aug 6, 15 6:24 AM
Seriously, the 1st thing I do is sedate a dog ?? ERS games do that all the time, and now Grandma games too !!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Aug 6, 15 1:41 PM
Same old rehashed story about someone taking a new job then goes missing do to town/people hiding some kind of nefarious secret which you have to ferret out.

Old school cartoon drawings with the same blue hue that seems to show up in all games. The rest of the scene is dark, dreary & not clean or crisp.

VO are good but the lip movement just looks like a lot of gum flapping without coordination with what the words that are being spoken.

HOS/puzzles are somewhat interesting. Hint button has a jump map which is quite nice. Music was boring with the same cords played over & over again.

Only found the first crystal & found the rest not so easy too find because of how dark the scenes are.

Loved the helper. He/she was well behaved & did not wiggle or jump around the scene. He/she also helped without even being asked which I found quite nice for a change.

Like a re-run you've seen a hundred times, enough is enough!!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 6, 15 3:26 PM
Hello friends! Well, another addition to this series...yes, I have the others as well. This dev really seems to like the blues and pinks in their graphics. They aren't over-powering, but they are quite evident everywhere. Otherwise, colors are pretty nice. Graphics and game play are well done, with no problems during the short demo. Voice overs are good, but I didn't care for the constant "talking out loud to myself" of the main character. Animation is well done. Music was somewhat boring, so I turned it down. It was the same few notes over and over. You do have your little raccoon helper. If he is needed in a spot, he automatically goes for it and you don't have to click on him and tell him where to go. That is a nice feature and unexpected.

HOPs are a combo of interactive lists, silhouettes and standard lists. They are fairly clean and items are not hard to find. If you don't care for the HOPs, you can switch to a match 3 game. Puzzles did have some challenge, but they seemed few and far between in the demo. The hint system is helpful and it does transport you to longer locations. There is a lot to do in each scene, so you aren't constantly running back and forth for one little thing or another. You get a negative type "picture" hint that has the "X" marks the spot on them. You need to find that area in a scene and overlay it to get another hint and a useful item for your inventory. This was different.

The only collectibles I found are 73 crystals. These are various sizes, shapes and colors and are not as easy to spot as you may think. I accidentally found out that there is more than one in each scene, so watch for them. Not sure what they do for you, but maybe we will find out at the end of the game

I beta tested this one quite some time ago and liked it well enough to give it 4 stars. The blue and pink downgrades it a bit for me. The story line is nothing new, but I like the game play and it was challenging enough to make me want to continue and buy the game. Yes, I am adding this one to my collection. I think all levels of players will like this one.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Aug 16, 15 11:40 AM
gamblebug wrote:Just finished demo it's an ok game.Puzzles to me where on the easy side.I like somewhat hard ones to solve,but not to hard .I just don't think it's worthy of a CE. Might just wait for Se to come around.Just bought Maze with yesterdays code .This one I am looking forward to playing.For those that like Whispered Secrets enjoy

Did you think the glasshard minigame was easy? The way it was created was appalingly bad, how on earth are you supposed to solve that, when shards keep rotating, when change them.

Go to: