Moving the Cart

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 12:50 AM
Please help me!!! I'm stuck.

I have no rope to give to him to move he cart.

When I looked at the Strategy Guide, I showed it with the large door, but I opened that a long time ago. Where's the rope????

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Moving the Cart

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 6, 15 8:40 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't remember where you pick that up. When things like this happen - and it is very easy to miss one thing and don't realize it until much later! - it is sometimes best to start in the Strategy Guide from where you are and start flipping pages backwards scanning for ROPE. It is nice that most SGs will have the inventory items in ALLCAPS so you don't have to seriously read it.

It's not fun, but should get you to the place where you can pick up the rope and move on.

Good luck!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 6, 15 8:57 AM
The ROPE is hanging on the Door at the Bottom of the Stairs in the 1st Room Inside the Castle.

HTH

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 6, 15 10:29 AM
ganonsbane wrote:The ROPE is hanging on the Door at the Bottom of the Stairs in the 1st Room Inside the Castle.

HTH

Well that's even easier than looking at the Strategy Guide.

How do you remember all that stuff? Amazing!

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 4:30 PM
I opened that door a long time ago and have accomplished a bunch of goals since. I don't have that rope. I don't know what to do.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 6, 15 6:55 PM
Okay, you got me. I went and opened the strategy guide and saw the rope hanging off the door. I don't see how you could have opened the door and moved ahead without taking the rope without some kind of game glitch or you somehow missed it and its in your inventory. Maybe ganonsbane has a suggestion but from looking at the screen shot in the guide, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 6, 15 9:17 PM
No, Bartsister, I don't have a solution. I think that it's almost impossible to open the door without taking the ROPE. I would use the Small Scrolling Arrows on each side of the Inventory to make sure the ROPE isn't there.

The only other possibility is that you've already hooked on the Gate. Moving the Cart is strange. If you hook the ROPE on the Gate then the outline of the WHEEL appears above Drake. If you place the WHEEL on the Cart then the outline of the ROPE appears above Drake. Either way, you have to place one of the Items & give Drake the other.

There were post earlier in the forum about missing the FAMILY SEAL PART that was on the Vegetable Garden Gate by the Scarecrow. I never figured that one out, either. The SEAL PART was covering 3 of the Arrow that you used to adjust the position of the Birds in the puzzle that opened the Gate.

Edited on 08/06/2015 at 9:18:31 PM PST

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 9:35 PM
I've scrolled and there's nothing.

When I hover by the gate, Drake's picture shows up in a silver-grey.

I'm just stumped. I don't know if it's a glitch or what. I'm so frustrated. I have gotten this far in the game. I don't want to restart it or abandon it.

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 9:38 PM
I wish there was a way to post pictures here so you could see what I'm talking about.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 6, 15 9:40 PM
I just tried & I can't open the door without getting the ROPE. I tried placing the GARGOYLE HEAD. The GARGOYLE HEAD went back into my Inventory. At the same time, the ROPE came off the Door & went into my Inventory.

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 9:53 PM
I'm going to cry then.

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 9:56 PM
Was the rope ever used for anything else and then put back into the inventory? Did I use it and then not take it back?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 6, 15 10:19 PM
Chickydoodle wrote:Was the rope ever used for anything else and then put back into the inventory? Did I use it and then not take it back?

That's the only place that you use that ROPE. You use a Rope from the Gallows to pull Drake to shore & a Make Shift Rope to climb down the Well but they both are Different Ropes.

Where is the WHEEL ??

Is there a Round Window Above Drake with the Outline of a ROPE ??

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 10:38 PM
When I hover by the gate, it shows a grey Drake with gears. There is no window above his picture below with a rope. And it says "I think we missed something back there." But when I go back to the courtyard, I can't find anything!

When I look at the map, it only shows the question-mark (place of interest) in that courtyard but I can't find anything there!

There are four wheels on the cart so I'm not sure when I put it on.

I'm sorry. I'm so frustrated and you're being so helpful.

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 10:58 PM
Also, when I press "hint" it tells me to search the courtyard.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 6, 15 11:14 PM
The ROPE is NOT in Perche Castle Yard. It should be in, what's labeled on the Map as, Perche Castle Hall on the Door to the Right of the Stairs.

Have you placed the GARGOYLE'S HEAD& WINGS to open that Door ??

If you have then you have a problem.

If you have placed the WHEEL & have the ROPE in your Inventory then a Round Window with a Rope Outline will appear over the picture of Drake that's Above the Hint Button ( NOT the Picture with the Gears ). If you have placed the WHEEL but Don't have the ROPE then the Round Window won't appear & all you'll see is the Black & White Picture of Drake with the Gears.

Edited on 08/06/2015 at 11:15:33 PM PST

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 11:20 PM
Yep....gargoyle done.

So....glitch?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 6, 15 11:42 PM
Once a Glitch occurs, the file is corrupt & your only option is to restart the game from the beginning.

Things like this are the reason that I wish they put Extra Manual Save Slots like the Nancy Drew Series & other Large File Adventure Games have. Then it would be easy to save your game at several different points as you progress in the game. That way if something like this happened & you had a Saved Game just before entering Perche Castle Yard then you could just restart from that Save.

I usually create Back-Up Saves at different points in these games just in case something happens. That's how I can replay portions of the game, by starting from different Back-Up Saves. The only problem is that because of the way that I have to create the Back-Up Saves & put them back in the right file, it's easy to delete the wrong file.

Sorry, I couldn't help

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 6, 15 11:47 PM
Thanks for everything.

Go to: