Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Bonus game???

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Aug 6, 15 1:01 PM
I finished the game but like others I cannot play the Bonus. Actually I can't even get to it. All I get when I click on the Extras is different music choices; I want to play the bonus game. I paid for a CE but this is a rip off because I didn't get the bonus part. BigFish has had enough complaints about this and you would think the customers would count for something. I guess I was wrong.

Meandy

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Bonus game???

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 6, 15 1:33 PM
Hi Meandy,

ERS hides its bonus game like a button in a hidden object scene. Not quite sure why, but getting to the bonus game is a challenge in and of itself!

I am at work and don't have my game to open to tell you specifically, but try opening the Extras page again. Look all over the screen! There should be some button that says Play. Even if it is on top of the wallpaper collection or something like that.

I will check in when I get home and see where it is specifically and check back to see if you found it. But I own all the ERS CEs and I have never had one yet that didn't include a bonus game. I do know that they like to hide access for some inexplicable reason.

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Aug 7, 15 5:21 AM
Ok thanks. I will try to find it.

Meandy

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Aug 7, 15 5:32 AM
Bartsister,

Ok I went back and tried to find that button but I must not be observant. Well, I am a senior citizen but still I thought I was good at these games. I went through everything possible in the Extra, even checked out all the music. I thoroughly looked at all of what was offered to look at and I still haven't found it. I am sure it is something right in front of me and you know the saying, if it were a snake it would have bitten me. Anyway any clue or hint you can give me would be most appreciated. Oh and I have the SG for the Bonus. Not much help though if I can't get to the game.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Meandy

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 7, 15 7:57 AM
Hi again!

I had no idea that this game was so old (2010! ) It's not installed on my current computer and so this morning I went and re-installed it. However, back in olden casual game times, ERS apparently would not let you open the Extras Menu until you have finished playing the main game. I'm sorry - I just can't do that for you and it would be an awfully long time to wait while I play.

The Strategy Guide says to open the Extras Menu and click on Play. It has to be there. If it wasn't, then there would have been a horrendously loud uproar from the masses. And an update.

There are always some people that can't find the ERS bonus Play button. Believe me! You are not alone. Many have suffered in the past from this issue, like you are suffering now, if it makes you feel any better. It was a weird ERS thing for a while to make finding the Bonus Chapter the most challenging part of the Bonus Chapter!

What I would do is email Customer Service. Tell them what the problem is and ask them if they can look at the Extras Menu for you and send you a screenshot of where the Play button is.

Edited on 08/07/2015 at 8:01:03 AM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 7, 15 8:40 AM
I almost forgot! Happy Morph Day to Guppyness!

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Aug 7, 15 10:01 AM
Hi Bartsister,

Thanks again for all the helpful information. I did as you suggested and contacted Customer Support. I would never ask anyone to play the game again just to figure this out. I did not like the way the SG had to be scrolled each time, very time-consuming and I don't wish to have to replay this game myself either.

As you pointed out the SG says to click on Extras and then click on Play but all I have been allowed to do is scroll through various music scores, view movie clips, see sections of the story plot and screensavers. Not interested in any of that and there is no option to click on Bonus in order to play and I find that strange. I have the CE but no way to actually access the Bonus game.

I will just wait for help from BF support and if that doesn't work I will continue whine. At my age I do a superb job of that.

Meandy

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 7, 15 10:50 AM
Good Luck! Nothing on the Extras Menu page should say Bonus. That is the problem. There should just be a random Play button somewhere and if you find it the bonus chapter will magically start.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 11, 15 1:05 PM
Hi Meandy,

I've been thinking about you. Did you get to the bonus chapter?

I did an advance search on this game forum and someone said to click on the cat. Is there a clickable cat somewhere on the page?

I do hope you find it and get to play. Please post and let me know what happens!

Go to: