Edited on 08/07/2015 at 7:37:58 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 7, 15 7:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 9, 15 11:46 AM
I revisited this game after posting a "meh" comment in the CE forum reviews. Plays MUCH better, for me, in SE form.

Don't know if the "special effects" used in a CE affected the graphics, but, on my computer, they're definitely better in the SE. Also, I think I was able to concentrate on the story more without the distraction of collectibles, etc.

The fact that the visuals WERE better prompted me to use a coupon and I was pleasantly surprised. This game is one of the rare ones that improves AFTER the demo.

Mini-games are relatively simple, HOPs average, a certain amount of "open-this-with-that", but not too excessive. Really no need for a strategy guide. Activity always contained within 3 or 4 scenes, so the map wasn't REALLY necessary, but if you want to jump to an active area, you can.

I've been a horror movie fan since my youth, so not much creep factor for me. Maybe I've become a bit immune.

I liked it enough to say that I'll be playing it again in the future. The game isn't ground-breaking but I enjoyed it, and the story, enough to give it 3 stars.

edit: OH! What was I thinking? There are several HOPs that start with finding five morphing objects to unlock the list. LOVED those. Played the whole game in about fours hours in the wee hours of the morning. Lesson learned. Never write a review when tired from lack of sleep.

Darn it. I regret that It can't be changed on the game page. Well. Lesson REALLY learned.

Edited on 08/09/2015 at 7:20:09 PM PST

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Aug 20, 15 10:54 AM
This is a really great game. The jump map is excellent and the story line pulls you right in. There was variation in the types of hidden object scenes and you have the option of playing match three instead, (which I took advantage of each time you had to look for morphing objects.)

I thought the puzzles were fun and not too difficult. The gameplay was smooth and logical. I give it a definite recommendation. In fact, I intend to play it again!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 31, 15 4:39 AM
Wow, I certainly enjoyed this game...played it right through without stopping. Fantastic visuals and animations. Voice overs were very good except for that hysterical Josie...she drove me nuts.

HOS were fun, interactive and varied. Puzzles/mini games were OK...I'm not a puzzle lover so I played some and skipped some. Game allowed you to customize your gameplay so I set both the hint and skip to recharge quickly...that helped with skipping the puzzles I chose not to play.

Transporter map was great, took you were you needed to go. Rarely had to use the hint to move around. Gameplay was smooth and interesting. I really loved every minute of this game. Only con was with all the characters, it was a bit confusing sorting them all out as was the ending. Did the town and its people ever come back? A long game for a SE with a good story and great gameplay which gives you your money's worth. A definite 5 out of 5 and highly recommended!

Go to: