bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Create A Mall forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 2, 09 12:03 AM
Welcome to Create A Mall forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Create A Mall players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Create A Mall forum

[Post New]by shirtbutton on Aug 2, 09 2:48 AM
Hi to all....

Downloaded the game this morning and am have difficulties in trying to play it. It is very slow to start up....takes ages.

What to do...???? love these sort of games.

Thanks

Tracy

[Post New]by mlgunzbaby on Aug 2, 09 3:03 AM
I am having the same problem, spent 10 minutes trying to get the game to start and finally i ended task....

shouldnt take half the trial version to get the game to load never mind trying it... at this point i wouldnt waste my money...

Edited on 08/02/2009 at 3:04:03 AM PST

Twingirl93
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Twingirl93 on Aug 2, 09 4:04 AM
I've no problem starting the game, but after one minute of play the game stops and I've got to start again and again and again. The last time I could build 3 clothes stores and it aborted again. Not much fun so.

doostdyk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by doostdyk on Aug 2, 09 4:31 AM
I can't get it to run either - don't they test these games first?

[Post New]by lubisonbabe on Aug 2, 09 4:36 AM
I too had problems with this game getting slow and stuck in places. I shut it down and restarted it. After that, it worked perfectly. Hope this helps your issues.

Twingirl93
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Twingirl93 on Aug 2, 09 4:42 AM
What seems to do the trick overhere, was shutting down my running programmes

[Post New]by teddimonster on Aug 2, 09 7:09 AM
tried to play this game several times, won't run this truely sucks! Really like this type of game.

engj030506
Flounder
Flounder
2,136 Posts

[Post New]by engj030506 on Aug 2, 09 7:59 AM
I too had problems getting this to start up. Very slow and almost like the game is moving whilst on Freeze Frame. Have tried re-starting a number of times but it is the same each time. Very annoying and frustrating. I love games like these. I tried re-starting as per previous post but it is still not working. I am going to un-install the trial version and will not be wasting my money on this one.

BFG: What is going on? Surely you can do better than this??

Edited on 08/02/2009 at 8:21:26 AM PST

[Post New]by triemen on Aug 2, 09 8:16 AM
I can't get this game to launch at all. It starts to launch then shuts off. Is this game not Vista compatible or is this a problem it is having with all operating systems?

[Post New]by sarakatesmommie on Aug 2, 09 9:03 AM
I am also unable to play. The game starts to load, then I goes to a gray screen with a cursor I can't move. *sigh* I was really looking forward to more new Time Management games ( We've gone down to a 4 day work week while waiting for the PA Budget and need to occupy my day off! )

delrio_gw
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by delrio_gw on Aug 2, 09 9:16 AM
another player having trouble here.

i open the game up - it gets the to the load screen and promptly closes.

obviously some compatibility issues going on here.
nvidia released new drivers last week - i wonder if that's part of the problem? but who knows

tm501
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by tm501 on Aug 2, 09 9:28 AM
I'm having the same problem. Halfway through a scenario it kicks me out.

melissaga
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melissaga on Aug 2, 09 9:29 AM
I too cannot run the game, very frustrating!!!

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ahsten75 on Aug 2, 09 9:45 AM
One more player with the same problem. Just spent 30 minutes for the game to launch and then it kicked me out.

[Post New]by Warpainter on Aug 2, 09 9:45 AM
I played the game in the trial and it worked. I bought it and it won't run at all! Won't start, just goes to Thanks for playing. We need to get this fixed as I spent money and can't play!

[Post New]by mabbs12 on Aug 2, 09 10:02 AM
Unable to get the game started at all?????

Irs taking up my trial time just trying to start it.

Edited on 08/02/2009 at 10:03:54 AM PST

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ahsten75 on Aug 2, 09 10:21 AM
Agh! I just used up my trial time and never got to play! It just played music and sloooowwly changed through 3 or 4 introductory screens (BFG, etc.) That wasn't any fun...

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Aug 2, 09 10:45 AM
I posted this elsewhere but will post it here too:

I had a problem with this game too but finally got it to work. Seems my anti-virus program kept seeing something in the install file that it thought was a trojan virus so it prevented the game from loading. Since its BFG I knew that this couldn't be true (fins crossed) and told the program to ignore it and then the game played fine. I did have to uninstall and reinstall.

I suggest you contact CS if you want to play the game. They may be able to help with your particular problem. Its a cute game and well worth the demo at the very least if you like BAL style games.

I recommend you contact CS -- they are really great here at BFG -- good luck!

PS - welcome to all the new fishies

Edited on 08/02/2009 at 10:46:04 AM PST

[Post New]by Mike7997 on Aug 2, 09 11:44 AM
I can't get this game to work either. It took over a half hour of extreme slugishness to even get to the gameplay portion, and then it crashed! What gives?

Go to: