leslie48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Jerky movement

[Post New]by leslie48 on Aug 2, 09 8:42 AM
Liked the game and played for the full hour, but the movements were very jerky. I think I'll wait to buy until they get the bugs worked out.

Re:Jerky movement

[Post New]by Iammeokay on Aug 2, 09 2:50 PM
I had the same problem, mouse needs to respond much better in a game where it is used to control everything.

On the positive side, I loved the gameplay and the graphics, but they definitely need to fix the jerky movements.

godsgal62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by godsgal62 on Aug 2, 09 10:44 PM
Sometimes if my games do that, I click on "options" and see if there is a 3D option to UNcheck. That works for me. Not sure about this game, it is in the process of d/l now!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Aug 3, 09 12:37 AM
I found the very jerky movements annoying and the fact that I would click on it to pick up a store and it would have to be clicked four or five times to take.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Aug 3, 09 5:46 AM
I had the same problem. Just finished the 60 minute trial & if I got to actually play the game for 20 of those minutes I was lucky. Seemed I spent most of my time waiting for the game to unfreeze. I love this sort of game but am going to hold off buying it too.

marthah10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by marthah10 on Aug 3, 09 6:52 AM
i had a hard time with my mouse to get it go were wanted it to go i tired it twice and said forget it in playing the game and deleted it

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Aug 3, 09 7:04 AM
I didn't even get to play the game since the movement was so jerky. Too bad since I really like games like this. Think this'll ever get worked out?

[Post New]by genevieve_evans on Aug 3, 09 12:05 PM
Thank god i'm not the only one. I havent even been able to play cuz of the jerky thing. I even tried uninstalling and reinstallin to see if that would help. Hope someday i can play this game

[Post New]by ALTHEA on Aug 3, 09 6:43 PM
Did you ever get your problem fixed?I have the same problem,with the jerky movement,and the mouse not working properly.I sent an e-mail to Big Fish....They had me do all these updates but nothing worked!Did anyone get Create A Mall to work right for them?????I really hope they get the bugs fixed,because I really like this game.

jojo2311
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jojo2311 on Aug 4, 09 5:42 AM
I played the free trial without any problems regarding jerky movement or freezing. I then bought the game and so far there have been no major problems (touch wood). The computer I'm on is relatively new, so maybe thats why. I'm disappointed people are having problems, it is a good game. I hope BFG sort it out for you all soon.

stchrissie
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stchrissie on Aug 4, 09 9:27 AM
My spec is more than capable of playing this. My PC is built for gaming and can run the latest MMO's and FPS's no problem. It's a fault with the game.

Made me want to tear my hair out.

outie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by outie on Aug 4, 09 12:11 PM
I can't even get the game to load. It tries to load but it is jerky, then it freezes completely. I have a relatively new computer for gaming and everything else works for me.

[Post New]by wabbitworld on Aug 4, 09 1:16 PM
Same here. Looked like a more original game, I was quite excited about it... and I am having a hard time getting past the main opening page, THAT'S jerky for me!

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Aug 4, 09 3:49 PM
Having the same problem, haven't even tried to play because the loading is so jerky that I can tell it's not going to run properly.

stchrissie
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stchrissie on Aug 5, 09 12:22 AM
I just downloaded the trial from another site, it worked fine.

I would *much* prefer to buy this game from BF but if they don't fix this soon I will be buying it from the working provider.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Aug 15, 09 2:55 AM
Does anyone know if the jerky movement thing has been fixed.

[Post New]by genevieve_evans on Aug 16, 09 1:09 AM
Okay so i contacted BF and they had me do this Dr. Fish or whatever thing. They told me my drivers needed updating. But geuss what 2 days before I installed the game the first time I had updated. So I did it again .... geuss what.... no dice it still wont work. Im gunna bug them again I'll let u guys know.

[Post New]by Joyunderthefalls on Sep 22, 09 4:21 PM
I did the trial with no issues at all. Played the game for 1 day, came home from work and guess what.......Jerky movement. Was horrible I could not even play. So I went to their question area and they said I needed to update drivers. I did that yesterday and worked fine. Well now today it is back to the jerky movement.
I think we all should get a refund promptly.
Going to bug them also, this is terrible.

[Post New]by Joyunderthefalls on Sep 22, 09 6:34 PM
Ok, I think I figured out how to fix this. Make sure under game options screen is set to low. I then have to update (each time I play) active X. Then I restart my computer and it works fine. The only problems i have to do all this each time I want to play. GF needs to fix this problem.

Go to: