Anti-virus found trojan

[Post New]by saphyreblue on Aug 2, 09 12:33 PM
I d/l this game and when I tried to play it, my anti-virus program found a trojan. Anyone else have this happen?

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Anti-virus found trojan

[Post New]by BossBrat on Aug 2, 09 6:26 PM
That happened to me once. You need to contact BF and let them know and write down the name of the trojan horse. It's not really a trojan horse, but some anti-viruses pick them up. That happened with my McAfee and it deleted the TH's automatically. They realized it was part of the BF file, and corrected it, but it was too late for me. I had to download almost ALL of my games again. There were so many games, though, that I just downloaded the ones I still thought I might play.

I know this isn't a lot of info, but I think contacting customer service is your best bet. But, again, know the name of the TH before you chat with them or email them. Chat is obviously the best choice, of course.

BB

[Post New]by KathimacUNIVERA on Aug 3, 09 6:44 AM
Yes, it happened to me too. I tried to move it to quarantine but warning still came up so I stopped the download and won't get to try Create A Mall. Since it does not happen with the other games I download from BF, I'm not taking the chance.

[Post New]by KathimacUNIVERA on Aug 3, 09 6:47 AM
I'm not sure what the other poster did that deleted all his/her games, but just checked mine (in games manager) and it did not happen to me. When the virus protection program found the trojan, at 5% download, I stopped it then. Hopefully no damage done. Again, I tried 4 or 5 times to make sure it was from this program and that just moving part to quarantine wouldn't work before I aborted effort to download.

[Post New]by mkcruiser54 on Aug 3, 09 10:22 AM
The same thing happen to me. I also installed the game on another pc and it took forever to load 2 minutes never did play the game I uninstalled it!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Aug 3, 09 11:30 AM
Hi all,

First and foremost I would like to assure everyone that games from Big Fish Games do not contain viruses. We have a team very dedicated to ensuring that the games are rigorously tested for any malicious programming in order to keep your computer safe.

What you may be experiencing is a "false positive." While security software is great for protecting your computer, sometimes certain programs will not recognize or will falsely identify a program and the result may be a virus warning, even if there is no virus.

We have a pretty wonderful article in our Help Pages about what to do if you get a virus warning - just click here.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 08/03/2009 at 11:31:18 AM PST

Go to: