bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 8, 15 12:29 AM
Buried in the ice... answer a distress call at an arctic research lab where scientists have made a chilling discovery! The latest in the bestselling Mystery Trackers series from Elephant Games will challenge your notion of what it means to be human. With Elf as your polar-clad sidekick, you'll unravel the mystery of the Cold Stalkers. Play gorgeous scenes lit by the Northern Lights. A fun "area scan" feature, loads of silhouette, matching, and listed hidden-object puzzles, morphing objects, Rube Goldberg-style super puzzles, and collectibles make this a not-to-be-missed adventure!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

Re:Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 8, 15 3:38 PM
I played the beta of this one and was completely underwhelmed by it. Not up to the usual MT standard IMO. Even Elf looked different! Not much challenge in either puzzles or gameplay. Maybe it got better after the beta ended.....? I had no tech issues with the beta but apparently several people are having trouble with the game. I think I will get this one only if I find another CE I really want - this game could be my 'free' one. Hopefully, once I get past the part where the beta ended, the game will improve!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 8, 15 6:41 PM
Just goes to show that one should play the demo to decide on a game.

I played the Beta and have been waiting eagerly for this atmospheric story-game.
For CE lovers, it is filled with little extras to search for, Stars and Collectibles AND Morphing Objects......
f
This game is so atmospheric you can feel the chill in the air.......
is it from the deep arctic cold or from fear in the air?

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 9, 15 3:31 AM
I have beta tested too this game on May 23 2015, and there were tech problems , according to my notes, such as the banner of morphing objects collection it sayed fixed on the screen and it would not bunge back, in one puzzle (the disk on the bag) it couldn't be restored, the cursor was a bit jelly.
I have not played the demo yet, but I can see on the forum that there a few tech problems still, I will go over and read its.
My rating , beside those tech problem, it was 5 , for the story, the graphics, and the puzzles, really a good game, but I can tell more after I try the demo version!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 10, 15 3:57 AM
My review after playing the demo version vs. the beta version!

I finished the demo with 27 mins. left available in the game!
All the tech problems " I mentioned in my comment as tester in the beta version", are solved!

The problem with the cursor, a bit jelly,got better by turning off the special effect option! The achviements are great, the game is awsome, My opinion it stays the same, 5+ definetly worth it!

Go to: