Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 8, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 9:51:15 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 8, 15 1:45 AM
Playing on Mac OS x 10.10. 4 Yosemite.

Not sure if it's a tech issue but only happens in Elephant games, and that is what's the point of a 'custom' mode when you still get sparkles when you've turned them off?

It is very annoying and spoils the game. The thing I really enjoy about customising the game oneself is that you can do away with sparkles whilst setting faster hints, skips, no tutorial etc....

Every game I've played by these devs since custom mode was available I get the sparkles regardless. I like the games these devs make, but if all other devs can give a custom mode without them, why can't Elephant games?

I can't buy this game unless this issue is fixed.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 8, 15 1:46 AM
I use Windows 8.1

The game keeps freezing up on me, every time I go to a new location, I didn't bother doing the trial, as I've got all the other games in the series, now I wish I had done, I would have found out before that there were problems.
All my drivers are up to date, they were checked before the game was bought

My curser is jumpy as well, I thought it was my mouse, but it isn't!

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 2:45:59 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 8, 15 2:09 AM
Having an issue with a slow, jumpy cursor. It's intermittent so...?

Want to play, but it's been my experience that a jumpy cursor only gets worse the further you get in the game.

Playing on a PC, Windows 7, Home Professional, 64 bit.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 8, 15 2:23 AM
9otters wrote:Having an issue with a slow, jumpy cursor. It's intermittent so...?

Want to play, but it's been my experience that a jumpy cursor only gets worse the further you get in the game.

I always have this with elephant games, same pc, maybe that's the problem, but it sure takes a lot of fun out of it

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 8, 15 2:31 AM
shelterhill said,

I always have this with elephant games, same pc, maybe that's the problem, but it sure takes a lot of fun out of it

The only other game I had this problem with was House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside. RUINED it. I ended up getting the SE and never had an issue.

So, go figure. I don't get it.

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 2:34:08 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 8, 15 2:37 AM
Me neither

[Post New]by gmuehlberg on Aug 8, 15 3:07 AM
I can start the game. When I act, the computer restarts.

[Post New]by AngelFish49 on Aug 8, 15 3:44 AM
gmuehlberg: Same here. Running Windows 10.

[Post New]by Nirvanah on Aug 8, 15 4:07 AM
It' constantly freezes on the loading screen. I've yet to see the game. Windows 7.

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Aug 8, 15 4:13 AM
I am running windows 10 and my cursor was also a bit sluggish, until I turned off the special effects button under the options and did not have any more problems. Just finished the main game with no problems.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Lagging Cursor

[Post New]by siscokid on Aug 8, 15 4:14 AM
If this cursor moved ANY slower, someone would throw dirt on it. You would get to your destination point, and therrrrre goes the cursor, sailing off so there is no pin pointing. Simply a huge wrestling match, or a challenge to see who/what would get there first.
Frustrating, no fun, just a huge pain in the neck. And it starts off like that! And it never. got. any. better. That did it for me, even if there is a fix, it kind of ruined the experience.

No buy. Not now, not ever.

[Post New]by sdcolyer on Aug 8, 15 4:36 AM
Every time I go to the map the game freezes. Not buying this game if this is what is going to happen.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by 0161 on Aug 8, 15 6:03 AM
j62janet wrote:I use Windows 8.1

The game keeps freezing up on me, every time I go to a new location, I didn't bother doing the trial, as I've got all the other games in the series, now I wish I had done, I would have found out before that there were problems.
All my drivers are up to date, they were checked before the game was bought

My curser is jumpy as well, I thought it was my mouse, but it isn't!

I am on a pc windows 8.1 and have managed to do the demo with no problems.
I never use the game curser at all as I find my own system one is better.
Sorry you are having such problems. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, pretty basic I know but it sometimes works.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Aug 8, 15 6:05 AM
9otters wrote:Having an issue with a slow, jumpy cursor. It's intermittent so...?

Have you tried using your own system curser instead of the games one?
I always use my own systems curser as it seems to work best on the games I play.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Aug 8, 15 7:05 AM
Running Windows 10 and having all sorts of problems. Sometimes the game simply will not load after the opening segment, other times my computer restarts itself with an error message of "video TDR failure". And, yes, when I was able to play, the cursor was a nightmare. Hope there's some sort of fix, as I enjoyed playing the other games in this series.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 8, 15 7:11 AM
I don't have say much having same problems also can't play of BF games now!!!

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 12:53:42 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 8, 15 7:43 AM
very, very SLOW moving from scene to scene. black screen while waiting for scene to change. didn't even get 10 minutes into the game - too slow for my liking. using windows 8.1 on a PC computer. certainly won't buy if I can't even get through the demo.

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hagglebag on Aug 8, 15 7:47 AM
Was having freezing and slow cursor problems. Turned off the "special effects" button in options, now running smoothly. Running windows 10

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Aug 8, 15 8:00 AM
Yes, maybe turning off the special effects make the game "playable" - but can this be the answer for a CE, which was develloped with special effects???? !!!!!

Go to: