wabtm
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Can I sync my game with more then 1 computer?

[Post New]by wabtm on Aug 8, 15 2:05 AM
I am going away on holiday and want to keep my daily rewards going. I play this normally on a desktop at home but want to be able to log in from my laptop. I have installed it but when I logged it it started anew with a new ID number. Am I able to get my main game onto my laptop?

I thought it would be linked to my big fish account but it seems to be linked to the PC.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Can I sync my game with more then 1 computer?

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 8, 15 5:20 AM
I don't know how computer saavy you are but...

The file that saves your game progress is in a separate location then the game file. It's located in a hidden folder under your user name then app data folder. You would have to make all hidden files visible to see it. Then you can copy the Farm Frenzy save file to a flash drive, install Farm Frenzy to your lap top, then replace the save file on the flash drive to the new one created on the lap top. That would move your game from one computer to the next, but would need to be reversed if you go back to your PC.

Tazruby2000 has laid out very good instructions for this in the Midnight Castle Forum. Copy and paste the following link into your URL to get to that page and read the instructions:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/295878.page

The file name in the App Data/Roaming file you want to look for is A L A W A R. Farm Frenzy is located in that file folder.

For some reason the post puts **** in place of A L A W A R. So I had to put spaces in just to type it out here. Look for it on your computer without all caps and spaces.

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 5:23:38 AM PST

wabtm
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by wabtm on Aug 8, 15 7:42 AM
I have the hidden files visible but in the A L A directory and then the farm frenzy directory there is no save game file. Just a sflog and a xml file. I have copied those across but it has not worked.

I am going from a windows 7 desktop to a windows 7 Starter laptop.

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 7:43:17 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 8, 15 8:34 AM
I'm sorry it didn't work for you. It has worked for me with many other F2P games, though I haven't done it with Farm Frenzy (I was just assuming it would have been the same).

That was the procedure I had used for all my F2P games when I got a new computer and wanted to transfer all my games to my new one and save all my progress before my old one was completely out of commission. Farm Frenzy is my only F2P that was downloaded and played after I got my new computer so was hoping that it would have been the same as all the others.

Again, Sorry it didn't work for you.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 11, 15 1:00 PM
Hi wabtm,

Unfortunately, Farm Frenzy Inc. is only designed to be played on one computer, which is why you're seeing a different game on your laptop. While there are steps that may have worked to transfer other games from one computer to another, we do not normally recommend those steps. This is because we cannot guarantee that they'll work and also because executing them improperly may result in damage to your game.

I hope this clears things up, but don't hesitate to PM any of the Mods if you have any other questions.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 1:00:16 PM PST

Go to: