bcangel56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects

[Post New]by bcangel56 on Feb 21, 08 1:21 PM
Does anyone know how to complete the last puzzle in Prime Suspects? I've tried many different ways on my own, but I just can't break it. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BCAngel56

Add on: Ahh ... I finally found the topic raised in my question here. My mistake in my searches was putting an "s" behind "suspect", so I couldn't find it. So, I will try what was suggested in a post entitled "prime suspect".

Here's a thought. Can discussions to different games be seperated, rather than looking through only Ravenhearst and Madame Fate? And, for me being new to the forums (well, relatively new, but not well versed in the area of searching - I had a hard time finding this place to begin with!), not being able to find a topic of discussion because of one letter, even in advance search with a star to generalize it, I'm wondering if "less is best" for a search?

Add on: ... okay, now I'm really confused. I just found a topic entitled "prime suspects" ... now, why didn't that come up in my search???

oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re: Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Feb 21, 08 5:31 PM
One reason may be that advanced search only will search one forum (Mme. Fate or Ravenhearst) at a time. This is at least better than basic search where only each division (Tips and Tricks or General discussion) is searchable.

It might be better to use the least usual word or phrase such as prime instead of the word suspect(s). More relevant hits were found that way,

Unfortunately, since BFg offers only minimal support for the forums at this time change will be slow if at all!

[Post New]by darissa on Feb 23, 08 7:47 PM
Oh my Gosh....when I read someone had been trying to solve the last prime suspect puzzle since Summer I gave up! These games are addictive and usually if I can't figure them out my husband can....We have only spent a few hours with the star & jewel puzzle and already frustrated....I didn't see any suggestions and can't believe everyone but a few of us have figured it out....if anyone sees this and knows the answer Please, please reply.....thanks from a hidden object addict! DRS

oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Feb 23, 08 8:10 PM
darissa wrote:Oh my Gosh....when I read someone had been trying to solve the last prime suspect puzzle since Summer I gave up! These games are addictive and usually if I can't figure them out my husband can....We have only spent a few hours with the star & jewel puzzle and already frustrated....I didn't see any suggestions and can't believe everyone but a few of us have figured it out....if anyone sees this and knows the answer Please, please reply.....thanks from a hidden object addict! DRS

On the wall of the tenement (one of the places you needed a battery for the xray machine) is a sign reading --
A key to the box for you is imparted
Always slide toward the last place you started

The puzzle works by the player selecting any point of an 8-pointed star to place a gem on. The gem is then slid to one of two possible points. The second gem needs to be slid to the point where you started.

Gem 3 will cover the spot you placed the second gem before sliding it. I don't have the puzzle in front of me but you always slide the gems toward the "last place you started." If you do, you should finish the puzzle.

As you look at the screen, place a gem, remember that spot! The next gem you place will slide to cover that spot and so on.

Good luck!

[Post New]by darissa on Feb 25, 08 1:58 AM
Thanks so much! I don't like to cheat but I thought it better than throwing my pc out the window! Bless you.....DRS
Found the DIAMOND

[Post New]by laydyexplorer on Jul 7, 08 8:21 PM
laydyexplorer wrote:
darissa wrote:Thanks so much! I don't like to cheat but I thought it better than throwing my pc out the window! Bless you.....DRS
Found the DIAMOND

This is great to hear b/c I thought that it was the puzzle that could not be solved...
Now it is my turn to open the box wish me luck.....

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 7, 08 8:25 PM
Good Luck LadyExplorer

[Post New]by pmm1963 on Jul 31, 08 9:30 PM
I can't find the missing jewel box, can someone please tell me how to find it? This last puzzle has me really confused and after completing the rest of the game and enjoying it so much I hate to let my frustration at the end of it ruin the game for me. Please help.

[Post New]by pinkrosecottage on Sep 8, 08 2:40 AM
Thanks all l have got thru it all. But in one part the the fruit and vegie stand, you have to find a smiley face , well it on a very small padlock and it does not matter how many times l click on it , it does not go, so l took a hint to make sure it was it . Well it was but unable to get it to go , it's so so small .Is anyone else having this problem.
Shabbe

[Post New]by pinkrosecottage on Sep 8, 08 6:30 PM
pmm1963 wrote:I can't find the missing jewel box, can someone please tell me how to find it? This last puzzle has me really confused and after completing the rest of the game and enjoying it so much I hate to let my frustration at the end of it ruin the game for me. Please help.

[Post New]by pinkrosecottage on Sep 8, 08 6:33 PM
The missing Jewel Box is in one of the room with the ? marks on them try them until you find it , it is small little brown box. Not sure where.

hippy53
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by hippy53 on Nov 3, 08 4:08 PM
Ok I tried the slide back to where you started and I only got 5 gems. the most i've ever got was 6 gems. I'm stupidly lost. This is the last puzzle. How do you finish it, without tripping the reset?
I mastered Madam Fate, huntsville and Ravenhearst. Why is prime the hard one?

Edited on 11/03/2008 at 4:10:17 PM PST

[Post New]by fireandicefae on Nov 4, 08 10:12 PM
Ok I know that it was said that the gem box was a brown box. But is there maybe a little better description? Because I'm having a really difficult time finding it and I don't know what else to do.

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Nov 4, 08 10:15 PM
its not a big item think smaller if I remember right

[Post New]by fireandicefae on Nov 4, 08 11:21 PM
Ok thanks.

[Post New]by jspruill on Jan 20, 09 8:30 AM
I am stuck in the word game, can someone help. I have named all the trees, nuts, garden tools, sports, spices, dogs, ice creams, numbers, breakfast foods, pizza toppings, and etc., how do i go beyond this point? After i complete the naming process, nothing happens, except I wait for the clock to run out. Some of the catagories I have done several times. So my question is what do I do after I click the spelling on each item in that catagory? How can I complete this level? I know I must be failing to do something, if anyone can help I would like to get on with this game, I have no trouble finding the items listed for the place on the map. Actually I pretty much know the whereabouts of all, I have done so many times.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,552 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 20, 09 8:52 AM
Are the words that you found showing up on the panel at the right? If not then you need to click on the first letter of each word, then drag to the last letter of that word. When you have the quota of words showing in the panel at the right it will advance.

[Post New]by Just2Share on Feb 7, 09 12:03 PM
fireandicefae wrote:Ok I know that it was said that the gem box was a brown box. But is there maybe a little better description? Because I'm having a really difficult time finding it and I don't know what else to do.

The gem box is always a small brown box (with an eight point star-like drawing on the main side, as I recall it from two attempts). It's location varies with each failure/attempt.

[Post New]by Just2Share on Feb 7, 09 12:05 PM
hippy53 wrote:Ok I tried the slide back to where you started and I only got 5 gems. the most i've ever got was 6 gems. I'm stupidly lost. This is the last puzzle. How do you finish it, without tripping the reset?
I mastered Madam Fate, huntsville and Ravenhearst. Why is prime the hard one?

***Spoiler *** Solution ****

Someplace that requires a flashlight (the Tenenments?), on the wall (not looking through the x-ray/flashlight) there is a Warning about unlocking the box:

"Always slide toward the place you started"

I suppose there are many possible solutions. Below I show one path. I don't remember the source of this path so I apologize for not giving credit to the poster.

----1--3
--8----- 4
---7--5

1) Click on space 4, then move gem (click) to space 1;
2) Click on space 7, then move gem (click) to space 4;
3) Click on space 3, then move gem (click) to space 6;
4) Click on space 8, then move gem (click) to space 3;
5) Click on space 2, then move gem (click) to space 7;
6) Click on space 5, then move gem (click) to space 2;
7) Click on space 8, then move gem (click) to space 5.

This will unlock box. - The End !

Edited on 02/07/2009 at 12:09:29 PM PST

[Post New]by mspetuniapea on Feb 25, 09 8:21 PM
I have mastered all the puzzles but I can't find the lighting battery for the last puzzle..........grrr. Tried and tried. What am I doing wrong?

Go to: