playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,089 Posts

Re:Midnight News-Call to Arms-Surviving Chaos

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jul 29, 17 11:58 AM

Whooooosh!

Success!

I have traveled between the two Realms and I am now in a bare but immaculate room that I recognize from the last time I was there immediately.

I sat on one side of the table and was quizzed by a small but very fierce female called Lt. Col. Rosie.

One of the others was taking notes on an official looking pad.

The pad is still there. So I move quickly over to it and remove the top bare sheet which is already stamped: FOR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

Unfortunately it isn’t signed but it should be enough.

Another Whoooooooosh!

And I have returned to my own Realm!

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by AnthonyJhgJH on Aug 26, 17 11:44 PM

Edited on 08/27/2017 at 11:48:31 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by supplementlook on Sep 4, 17 7:55 AM

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 7:59:08 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by juliesparkss on Sep 26, 17 1:35 AM

Edited on 09/26/2017 at 6:56:26 AM PST

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 9, 17 9:59 AM
I shift in my chair, hoping the angle will change what I'm looking at. No, it's still there. How did this happen. My beautiful dagger that the Sar had given me had a small scratch on the hilt and slight knick on the silver blade. Well I guess a trip to Cloud City is first thing on my agenda tomorrow. If anyone can fix this, it's the Blacksmith. I hope he feels perky.

Sitting back in my comfy chair, I pop my feet up on my trusty foot stool. "What do you say Mr. Tuttles, Is the Blacksmith the one for the job." Turning his head, a piece of lettuce hanging out of mouth he slowly blinks his eye. I guess that's a yes. Leaning forward, adjusting the orange and purple striped bow tie around his long neck I chuckle. " Where do they find this stuff, Mr. T" then I notice that the stripes are painted on the fabric. That Sol is a clever fellow, if you can't find what you want, create it.

Closing my eyes, I let my mind wander and there's a lot to contemplate. Times are changing and I'm not sure I like that but what can you do. Nothing. Without thought, my heels start scratching Mr. T's hard shell and he leans into it, the only sound, the crackles and pops of the fire. Well until there's a loud knock on my door.

There's only person I know that can rattle the paintings on the wall and make you want to cover your ears. I quickly get to my feet, hoping to get to the door before she knocks it off it's hinges. Too late. Bertie starts his screeching and flies around my head. " ENOUGH " I shout. I yank open the door and there on my threshold is Ayla. Our visiting Amazon come to call.

Her black eyes bore into mine. " I am leaving soon. " her gaze follows Bertie's antics and I worry that she might just knock him out of the air.

I open the door all the way, " Please come in, he'll settle down in a minute. " or get knocked down, either way it'll be quieter.

Ayla bent her head to enter, her large fist pounded against her chest in greeting, I greeted her in the same manner but much more gently there's only so much my puny body can take. I offered her my chair but chose to perch on the stool. You'd think that she would look a tad uncomfortable on the thing but she looked exactly like she was. An Amazon Warrior. Let's see anyone snicker at that.

" So, you were saying." She looked at me and I swear she wanted to roll her eyes but she refrained.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Oct 9, 17 10:59 AM

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,704 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 9, 17 12:48 PM
Being trapped in this God forsaken Fake Mirror world made by Murk and Arabella,
My heart cry's for The Camp to get back home to see and hug the stuffing out each and ever one and all the critters.
I will not give up trying to escape the nightmare but try as I may without my Amulet I can not contact anyone back at Camp nor Frost BUT I do have a plan and if I can get everyone here to stay in one place and stop ***POOFING IN AND OUT ALL THE TIME**** it is SO $%^&*()(*&^%$%^&*( madding but I think I am close to putting my plan into action and to get to the upper layer of the dome that has us held prisoner then I I can get back to Camp and put on MY AMULET and NEVER EVER TAKE IT OFF
I bend my head and repeat a million times ,,,, Rosie,,,, Penny,,,,, Mr T,,, Sol,,,, Opel,,,,Blossom,,,, Stump,,,,, Fang,,,, My FROST,,,,,,,IMP,,,,,,,, Ayla..........someone somehow hear my thoughts .
I curl up and cry myself to sleep in silence

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,458 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 9, 17 12:55 PM
As Smoke and I make our way to the Mess Hall... Smoke stops suddenly in his tracks.... his body tense and motionless.... his eyes glazed over as if he seeing something beyond my ability... or is he hearing something I can't hear?.... I'm afraid to break his concentration ... he stands so still, I can't tell if he's even breathing.... I wait for him to snap out of it....

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 9, 17 4:45 PM
The tall woman watches the lizard finally land on the other woman's shoulder. those goggly eyes going every which way. She finds it hard to understand why these people insist on letting these animals into their dwellings. She was told that the beast in front of her was not a War Tortoise, so why was it in here and why does it wear a thing around it's neck. She was curious to know what it felt like but it was beneath her to inquire if she could, so she just stared. The lumbering beast took a shuffle towards her and she moved her foot away. On one hand she hoped it would stop but on the other hand she hoped that it would keep moving. Ayla had never been in this predicament before animals never willingly approached her. He had large eyes that showed the wisdom that comes with such an ancient species but at the moment he just wanted his shell scratched.

" Go ahead, Ayla. He enjoys a good scratch, just watch your toes, he's a bit of snuggler. "

The hand just hovering over his shell immediately pulled back. " What do you mean. Snuggler." Penny explained that he tended to lean into the scratch and not to be alarmed. " I am a Warrior, I do not become alarmed. " but she did brace herself for the weight. His shell felt warm and solid under her hand and she slowly moved it closer to his head. An Amazon Warrior could be curious too, she found that out since coming to this odd encampment.

After a moment, she told her host why she had come. "It is time for me to go. I can't delay much longer though I do appreciate your peoples hospitality. Healer said another day or two would be all that he needed and I was hoping that you would join me on my journey."

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,458 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 9, 17 6:32 PM
Smoke slooooooooowly turns his massive head towards me with a puzzled look on his face.....

"What is it?" I ask him....

Smoke's whole body shudders and his muscles begin to relax.... He shakes his head as if to clear the fog from his mind.... <I thought I heard something... it was familiar, but it sounded far away, barely there, just on the tip of my consciousness>....

"REALLY?.... was it male... female?".....

<It was male... I think it... it might... it might have been the MG... hard to say>.... His whole body shudders again and then he RUBS that massive head against me to clear the cobwebs... which, of course, knocks me flat on my tuckus....

"HEY!!!!!!" I yell at him with indignation.... "Watch it furball!!!!"..... (I immediately realize the error of my ways... ooops)....

<FURBALL???? > as his equally indignant roar explodes in my brain...

yes, I absolutely made a mistake.... I rush to apologize before his eyes start glowing (that's never a good sign).... "I'm sorry!!!!!... but, ya know, you DID knock me to the ground.. sooo... ".... I fail to finish my sentence as I rise, dusting off my pants and try to smooth over the incident by asking if his head is okay...... Smoke, still simmering, ignores me.... We stand nose to nose staring at each other waiting for the other one to break the tension.... I finally give up the staring contest, as if I thought I could win against a Dire Wolf.... "I'm HUNGRY, can we please go to the Mess Hall?" ...

Smoke rolls his eyes at me <you and your obsession with food>....

"That makes no sense at all... food is a necessity of life"....

<whatever>....

"OH, COME ON... I said I was sorry"... His attitude is getting under my skin, so I stomp off towards the Mess Hall, if he wants to stare off into space and starve, that's on him...

<I heard that>....

*SIGH*... "Would you just come on, we're burning day light"....

<FINE!>...

"FINE!"... and we stomp off together towards the Mess Hall... (great, now I'm not even hungry) ...

<that would be a first>.....

(this telepathy thing is going to get real old, real quick)....

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 10, 17 9:57 AM
Well, I was not expecting this. "Um, I'm not sure I can be spared right now, Ayla we are a little short on people who can use a weapon." Those black eyes stared into mine making me want to squirm in my chair. I mean it's not like I'm intimidated because I am so NOT but something in her eyes told me she wanted my company. I looked around my little cabin, my sanctuary. " How about this, we go to the Mess and grab a bite to eat and talk about it."

She gave a final pat to Mr. T's shell and got to her feet. I hope that's not a dent I see. He seemed fine, so no damage. That's good. I looked up at her hovering over me. "Excuse me." Light dawned in those dark eyes and she grabbed my arm and hoisted me to my feet. It took a second to hit the floor but I finally made it.

Without further incident, we made it out the door. The light was fading but I could clearly see Imp and Smoke, they appeared to be having a heated argument. You couldn't hear anything but you could tell by the waving arms and shackles raising that they were not happy with each other at this moment. And they said they'd never last. We followed them at a safe distance, even Ayla didn't want to incur the wrath of those two. I looked up at her and smiled. " Should we join them." not waiting for an answer I made my way over to their table.

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,458 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 10, 17 12:53 PM
I sit in my usual chair in the Mess Hall.... savoring Opel's wonderful homemade bread and churned butter..... I didn't have much of an appetite but once a person walks through the doors of this place, the smell alone, is Heaven on earth.... The bread combined with her savory stew of roast, potatoes, and carrots put me in a much better mood... Opel's food has also done wonders on Smoke's attitude and our little spat is long forgotten....

I look up just as Penny and her 10ft tall Amazon woman friend come through the doors... okay... she's not 10 ft tall, I need to stop "saying" that ... she's just a hard person to "miss".... she makes a lasting impression... I notice Smoke seems very interested in her... he stops mid chew and seems to be 'listening'....

<We need to go with her>

"Huh?... Come again?.... We need to go with who?"

Smoke looks impatiently at me and reinforces his thoughts < We need to go with Ayla!>

"and WHERE are we going?"... (I am NOT the telepathic one!)

At this point, Smoke decides I need to hear more information the normal way and tells me to hear her out.... I wipe my hands on my napkin and get up to greet our friends.... We say our hello's and Opel appears with food for the newcomers.... I take a sip of water while preparing myself to keep an open mind ... curious to hear what our Amazon warrior has to say....

Edited on 10/11/2017 at 5:41:19 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by idajsimon on Oct 10, 17 9:29 PM

Edited on 10/11/2017 at 7:04:06 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by daddario7 on Oct 11, 17 6:27 AM

Edited on 10/11/2017 at 7:02:53 AM PST

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Oct 11, 17 8:27 AM
I step through the door and make my way to Imp. I search her face for any sign of anger but it has faded making it a lot easier to sit at the table. " Good evening Imp. Smoke. " My bottom had barely settled on the bench when Opel placed heaping plates of food in front of us. Inhaling hungrily before I thanked her. "You're the best Opel. "

I waited until everyone had taken the edge off our hunger before I spoke. " Ayla plans on leaving soon and she has invited me to join her. " I'd barely got the last word out and felt an elbow in my side. I turned my head to see Ayla jerk her chin in Imp's direction. The piece of gravy covered bread found my chin instead of my mouth and I slowly wiped it off. " I believe she'd like you to join us too."

So over coffee we hashed out when to leave and what to take. I had every intention of this being a leave of absence type of trip not forever. But first we'd better check with the MG but I had a feeling that might be a little difficult. No one had seen him for quite a while. Was it time to start to worry.

Go to: