create a mall level 24

[Post New]by Ladygrizz on Aug 3, 09 4:50 AM
has anyone made it to level 24. It will not add any profit but it will take away any money that is there. If Can't play this level can not finish game

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:create a mall level 24

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Aug 3, 09 12:57 PM
You have to demolish all the stores that look the same. They take away your reputation and income.

MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Aug 3, 09 10:02 PM
Yeah you cant build more than 3 clothing, shoe, jewelry, and perfum stores. Then you cant build more than 2 of the other stores.

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Aug 4, 09 7:38 AM
You can build 3 different clothing stores, and the rest 2 of them, except the department store which there is only one.

[Post New]by leslie2833 on Aug 7, 09 6:01 PM
did you ever complete? i must be doing something wrong. i can't get the 115 points needed to complete level 24. i've added all enhancements and have movies, arcades on all levels with full upgrades. help, please?

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Aug 8, 09 5:32 AM
Hi leslie,

Are you sure it is level 24? My level 24 requires 100 popularity points which is easy to achieve.

Just destroy every shop until you have 3 different clothing, 2 different perfume, 2 different bookshops and 2 different computer shops. Build a movie, an arcade, a restaurant, 2 jewelry shops and an info center. There will be an empty slot but it doesn't matter. Build the elevator, buy the plans for security and lease the security. Upgrade your movie and arcade first. Have as many workers as you can since there is no money goal. I finished with 26 workers, fully upgraded movie, arcade, restaurant, clothing, and shoe shops. It required a bit more upgrading with the rest. Finished 3 days before the deadline.

[Post New]by leslie2833 on Aug 9, 09 7:33 AM
Phoebe222 - thanks so much for your response. you are correct - it's level 30, not 24. so sorry. i have tried everything i can think of, including destroying stuff i've built to try for more points. i do movies, arcades, 2 restaurants, bowling, elevator, security, but still can't get the 115 score needed to "win." any help you might provide would be greatly appreciated.

have a great day!

Edited on 08/09/2009 at 7:34:11 AM PST

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Aug 9, 09 9:37 AM
Oh ok, here is the last mall:

1 movie theater, 3 stars
1 arcade, 3 stars
1 bowling alley, 3 stars
1 restaurant, 3 stars
1 dept store, 3 stars
2 music shops, 1 star
2 computer shops, 1 star
3 clothing, 3 stars
1 shoe store, 3 stars
2 jewelry, 3 stars
2 perfume, 3 stars
1 info center
elevator and security lease.

I recommend starting with a department store, and next to it a movie then an arcade. Continue with bowling alley, restaurant, music and computer shops. Then build the smaller shops. Then the improvements, including the info center. You'll have enough money to get a lot of workers in the meantime. Once you finish building everything, start upgrading the movie and arcade. You should have enough workers to do these at the same time. (I finished with 28 workers.) Then upgrade the restaurant and bowling alley. Have more workers so you can start upgrading the smaller shops at the same time.

Happy gaming

edit: an alternative strategy: instead of info center, build the second shoe store and upgrade to 3 stars. have elevator and security. You won't need to upgrade music and computer shops, and you can finish earlier.

Edited on 08/09/2009 at 9:51:56 AM PST

[Post New]by leslie2833 on Aug 9, 09 9:02 PM
thank you so much! i FINALLY made it thru the game. i really appreciate it.

[Post New]by home4dawn on Aug 15, 09 9:29 AM
I found that building 6 fully upgraded movie theaters will do it, also replace the info center with a 3 star store to get an additional point. Skip the dept. store because it isn't worth alot of points, build a couple of arcades instead or an additional theatre, The popularity points are highest with fully upgraded theatres.

[Post New]by fourthrules on Aug 17, 09 5:15 PM
I can't remember how to destroy stuff. Help!!!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 5, 09 2:32 PM
fourthrules: As indicated elsewhere in this forum, the (fairly) big red button for Demolish is in the upper right-hand corner of the lower left-hand corner section.

home4dawn: You built SIX fully upgraded Movie Theaters? More than 1 Arcade? Those are sefl-defeating; you lose Popularity on each additional built, and therefore income! I really can't believe you got them built in time to finish Level 30 for the medal, let alone that you achieved the income level and accumulated the cash in time.

Or did you just finish, but not get the medal?

Myself, I used a very standard mix, much like phoebe222's revised version, except that I started with all the Entertainments, because the longer they exist, the more total they pay--even tho I couldn't upgrade the higher-paying ones at first. And of course I always built pairs (and 3 Clothing Stores, if I had any) to maximize Popularity.

Incidentally, I think this is where I finally discovered that the Info booth was paying only 4 Popularity, not 5 as advertised, or 6 like a 2nd Shoe Store--7, if you count increasing the 1st Shoe Store's Popularity by 1. (If that last is gibberish to you, please see my "Maximizing Popularity" post.)

In fact, I could maybe have got the medal on the first try by just applying everything that always works, except that as usual I didn't reorder Resources before I ran out and had to wait a few times, and I don't think I quite optimized my placement of everything. And maybe this was one of those levels where I was half-convinced I couldn't afford to pay as many workers as I needed so as to both get the Popularity and accumulate the cash in time. (On any level, the daily income always seems to take care of itself long before I hit the Popularity goal.)

Edited on 10/05/2009 at 2:36:53 PM PST

Kirbyrock
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Kirbyrock on Dec 8, 09 5:48 PM
Geez you guys know a lot!!!

[Post New]by ezrita27 on May 16, 11 8:35 PM
phoebe222 wrote:Oh ok, here is the last mall:

1 movie theater, 3 stars
1 arcade, 3 stars
1 bowling alley, 3 stars
1 restaurant, 3 stars
1 dept store, 3 stars
2 music shops, 1 star
2 computer shops, 1 star
3 clothing, 3 stars
1 shoe store, 3 stars
2 jewelry, 3 stars
2 perfume, 3 stars
1 info center
elevator and security lease.

I recommend starting with a department store, and next to it a movie then an arcade. Continue with bowling alley, restaurant, music and computer shops. Then build the smaller shops. Then the improvements, including the info center. You'll have enough money to get a lot of workers in the meantime. Once you finish building everything, start upgrading the movie and arcade. You should have enough workers to do these at the same time. (I finished with 28 workers.) Then upgrade the restaurant and bowling alley. Have more workers so you can start upgrading the smaller shops at the same time.

Happy gaming

edit: an alternative strategy: instead of info center, build the second shoe store and upgrade to 3 stars. have elevator and security. You won't need to upgrade music and computer shops, and you can finish earlier.

Go to: