Dark Manor and Windows 10

[Post New]by roxanne4708 on Aug 8, 15 9:35 PM
Is anyone having problems with Dark Manor after downloading Windows 10. When I double click on the icon I get a message saying: Assert! We're sorry, but it doesn't look we can support this monitor resolution. For more help, contact Big Fish Games customer service at: http://www.bigfishgames.com/support. I did that and have yet to get an answer! Very frusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Manor and Windows 10

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Aug 8, 15 9:48 PM
roxanne4708 wrote:Is anyone having problems with Dark Manor after downloading Windows 10. When I double click on the icon I get a message saying: Assert! We're sorry, but it doesn't look we can support this monitor resolution. For more help, contact Big Fish Games customer service at: http://www.bigfishgames.com/support. I did that and have yet to get an answer! Very frusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Roxanne..So Sorry To Hear Your Haveing Problems After Down Loading Windows 10 ....The Only Advise I Can Give Is To Look In The Midnight Castle Forum And Hunt Out A Thread Titled "Windows 10" ..There You Will See Various Posts And Problems After Down Loading ...Tazruby Is Your Best Bet For Advise ..Theres Even A Step By Step Intro ...I Hope This Resolves Your Situation And Happy Gameing Roxanne ..."Gandalf"

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

Re:Dark Manor and Windows 10

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Aug 8, 15 11:35 PM
Howdy Roxanne (and Gandalf) ~

I've been getting that blasted Assert! yadda yadda screen resolution message for well over a year. So, it's not just a Win10 thing.

I just X out of the message and keep trying. Grumble, grumble.

I usually get in after the 3rd or 4th try.

Sending you a to take the edge off the frustration.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Aug 9, 15 11:35 AM
I actually haven't had that message since the switch. I used to get the "doesn't support your resolution" thing on a regular basis, but I haven't seen it since the 30th, when I updated.
So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

[Post New]by IslandPal44 on Aug 14, 15 8:07 AM
I'm getting that message, and I'm glad to hear its not just me! I'd hate to lose my Manor because of Windows 10! I'll keep trying to get in. Thanks for posting.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 14, 15 8:23 AM
The "Assert" message - BTW, I hadn't noticed it's called that until you mentioned it - which says that the game does not support you video card etc, has NOTHING to do with Windows 10. It is a game glitch that first appeared with the October 2014 update and was never fixed. Since then I've been getting it ALL the time and I'm able to get in on the second or third try. I;m playing on PC and still have Windows 7.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 15, 15 5:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there's still trouble with that error message, and eli173 - thank you for your post. If anyone would still like to contact our Technical Support Team just in case, our Reps are always glad to help. Just to be sure to reply to any messages from Support, as the system will automatically close your request if a reply from you is not received.

Since this thread is regarding a tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If you notice any other tech issues in the future, you're definitely welcome to post in the following thread:

Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

Best of luck,

bfgWaimea

Go to: