gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Miss the 'Hand holding' on HOS in the SG

[Post New]by gwenofala on Aug 8, 15 10:37 PM
I guess it's just me , but when I play the game and it has achievements and I want to get them there will always be one or two items that I can't find . I used to just jump into the SG and it would give detail of the HOS showing where the items are. Now I have to sit and look at the screen which seems to me to take forever lol before I finally find them . I never fully appreciated who wrote the SG's before . I for one miss it as I find that it's the same way in a lot of games I've played . I have been spoiled

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Miss the 'Hand holding' on HOS in the SG

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 9, 15 2:44 AM
Gwen....I don't think it is spoiled to want the SG to continue to have the HOP scenes in them, unless the HOPs are random.
I think it should be our choice as to whether or not CE buyers use the SG and how much of it, but that solutions of all HOPs and minigames that are not random should be in there.....and hints should be given toward solving anything that is random.

I suspect it was a cost cutting measure on the part of either the Devs or of Big Fish...although there are other game Distributers out there who also sell first editions whether they are called CEs of Platinum Editions.
So I don't know who is to blame for the disappeared HOPs.

All I know, is there might come a point of tampering with the SG or the other things offered for a CE that will stop many of us from purchasing them, unless positive changes occur again.

I usually manage alright on the HOPs, but other times I have had to Skip puzzles that have not had Reset Buttons or to use a Hint in a HOP and therefore lose an achievement. I don't get crazy mad or disappointed by that....but I can see the possibility of the day when I will cease to be a customer.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Aug 9, 15 6:51 AM
tookat wrote:Gwen....I don't think it is spoiled to want the SG to continue to have the HOP scenes in them, unless the HOPs are random.
I think it should be our choice as to whether or not CE buyers use the SG and how much of it, but that solutions of all HOPs and minigames that are not random should be in there.....and hints should be given toward solving anything that is random.

I suspect it was a cost cutting measure on the part of either the Devs or of Big Fish...although there are other game Distributers out there who also sell first editions whether they are called CEs of Platinum Editions.
So I don't know who is to blame for the disappeared HOPs.

All I know, is there might come a point of tampering with the SG or the other things offered for a CE that will stop many of us from purchasing them, unless positive changes occur again.

I usually manage alright on the HOPs, but other times I have had to Skip puzzles that have not had Reset Buttons or to use a Hint in a HOP and therefore lose an achievement. I don't get crazy mad or disappointed by that....but I can see the possibility of the day when I will cease to be a customer.

Thank you Tookat I agree

Edited on 08/09/2015 at 6:52:38 AM PST

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Aug 11, 15 1:44 PM
TOTALLY agree with this. I am totally stuck trying to find a "spoke" and no help from the SGs anymore. How hard is it to show the scene with everything circled??

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Aug 11, 15 5:13 PM

I'm with you on reset buttons on puzzles. I don't mind not having items in HOP shown unless the scene is crowded with items and what you have to find is very small. I am slowing down on buying games because many seem more cut scenes and dialog than game. Also I guess the dev's don't understand that most of us that frequently buy their games are tired of straining their eyes with dark scenes. Lighten up guys and gals!

Right now I am trying to finish a HOP to get the crane to work but cannot find the Mail for the last letter needed.

LadyBastet
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Miss the 'Hand holding' on HOS in the SG - Spoiler!!

[Post New]by LadyBastet on Aug 11, 15 11:01 PM
SoggySox wrote:

I'm with you on reset buttons on puzzles. I don't mind not having items in HOP shown unless the scene is crowded with items and what you have to find is very small. I am slowing down on buying games because many seem more cut scenes and dialog than game. Also I guess the dev's don't understand that most of us that frequently buy their games are tired of straining their eyes with dark scenes. Lighten up guys and gals!

Right now I am trying to finish a HOP to get the crane to work but cannot find the Mail for the last letter needed.

To get the mail, move the Window with the letters, just like you would move any other Window. It's behind it! Drove me nuts too, but I got it!
Bastet

LadyBastet
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBastet on Aug 11, 15 11:03 PM
Skrdykat wrote:TOTALLY agree with this. I am totally stuck trying to find a "spoke" and no help from the SGs anymore. How hard is it to show the scene with everything circled??

Check my answer to your original post - good luck!!
Bastet

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Aug 12, 15 11:45 AM
Thanks LadyBastet, It was driving me crazy!

EHinSF
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by EHinSF on Sep 5, 15 10:03 PM
I think less time, money and effort are spent on the newer games' SGs. If there is blame to point to, its EIPIX, because I think they're now the market leader of games BFG offers. EIPIX very much is typically scant on its SGs, but sometimes if you really try things, or think about it, (or come here!) you figure out the puzzle or problem. I have no problem with the HOS but I expect more help with the puzzles.

Go to: