quin1234
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Mystery Trackers vs Mystery Case Files

[Post New]by quin1234 on Aug 9, 15 9:13 AM
I usually get the MCF games and got this one by mistake- are these basically the same? I don't really care so much if there's an ongoing plotline threading the games together, just wondering if the actual games are pretty much the same?

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Mystery Trackers vs Mystery Case Files

[Post New]by alowan on Aug 9, 15 3:27 PM
Mystery Trackers is much more tech oriented than MCF, making their games more like like sci-fi, which is a nice change.

MT has a sidekick, and gimmicks. MCF doesn't. Or do they? MCF underwent a major change a while back, trading their former style in for a continuing psychic character, and her drawings. As far as gameplay goes, they work like a sidekick and gimmicks.

In general, I don't like sidekicks, but I like Elf, who has been in all the MT games. Gimmicks can be fun when made interesting, and MT is good at that.

I used to love MCF, until the pishic appeared. Not because I don't appreciate psi powers, but because the gameplay became boring with the same step sequence repeating over and over.

Tl;dr: Mystery Trackers is much more tech oriented than MCF, and are currently (IMNSHO) the better games.

quin1234
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by quin1234 on Aug 9, 15 4:53 PM
I'll give it a chance then- thanks for answering!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 12, 15 7:52 PM
I used to love MCF bur did not like the last 3 or so very much. Until this MT, I have enjoyed the Mystery Tracker series and own all but the last one which I somehow missed. This one is very different from the others. I recommend that you Demo some of the MT series. I think that you might enjoy them. I also love Elf, one of the very few "helpers" that I enjoy.

Go to: